Confused, moved up in C&A?

Ok something very, very strange just happened. I was Platinum and have been. Haven't been on any cruise, next cruise is Sept. 5 nights on Anthem and another booked on Oasis 7 nights in May 2020. Somehow I gained points and moved up in the C&A program. Anyone else find this strange or had this happen to them because I'm super confused but yes happy. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok something very, very strange just happened. I was Platinum and have been. Haven't been on any cruise, next cruise is Sept. 5 nights on Anthem and another booked on Oasis 7 nights in May 2020. Somehow I gained points and moved up in the C&A program. Anyone else find this strange or had this happen to them because I'm super confused but yes happy. 

We haven't had that experience--gaining points.   We "lost" a point once, and when we complained, we were told it was the result of an audit (it went back to the loyalty program conversion).  There have been posts here about records being messed up, so it is also possible there was a mistake.  I hope it all works out in your favor, and enjoy your next cruise.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

If your married or anyone else in your household that has signed up for RC’s C&A society and has been in enough cruises to obtain platinum status and has signed you and your wife/husband up for the C&A society and has the same last name as you, then you & your husband/wife is now whatever status that they have because that person has the higher C&A status of your household.

If anyone in your household has been on several RCI cruises and has earned enough C&A points to be platinum, then you will now have the same C&A status as your Husband/wife/other family member but will not have the same amount of points because you are starting from 0 points but will have the same C&A status as you wife/husband/other family member. 

Edited by Bakerette

4 hours ago, Bakerette said:

If your married and your wife/husband has been on several RCI cruises and has earned enough points to be platinum, then you will  now have the same C&A status as your Husband/wife, but will not have the same amount of points because you are starting from 0 points but will have the same C&A status as you wife/husband. 

Thanks, my wife has been on every cruise I have. I guess the better way to say it is every cruise we have been on together. 

1 hour ago, IslandBoundMama said:

My immediate reaction reading this was "whatever you do....do. not. call. royal. Caribbean."  lol

Lucky you!!! :27_sunglasses:

2 minutes ago, D_Hubb said:

My immediate reaction was "Thank the intern!" lol

Well I just hope they don't catch it before our cruise in Sept on Anthem.

By the way I'm not like freaking out at being Emerald because it's not much better than Platinum, I'm more happy about the points bring at 59 I'm only 21 from being Diamond. That's the awesome part because with Anthem Sept and Oasis in May I should be at 71. So very close to a cool goal of Diamond. That's the big one that is doable. The others are just nuts. No way I'm getting up there. 

1 hour ago, IslandBoundMama said:

I know how you feel....after our cruises in August we will be 20 points away from Diamond so I've been plotting and planning....should we do one 10 night in a suite or two 5 nights in a suite.  I just don't want to drag it out any longer.

Maybe try back to back trips non-suite if you have the vacation time -- more bang for your buck that way!?

On 7/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

I tell you what, if you are in a giving mood,  I will GLADLY take any and all points that you would like to give up to get me up to the Diamond level!!!?

15 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Maybe try back to back trips non-suite if you have the vacation time -- more bang for your buck that way!?

That's true too....we could do two 10 night trips, but our vacation time would be a problem. We would have to space them out to make sure we had enough time.  Maybe we could work around holidays so it saves a day even.  I'm definitely on a mission to accomplish this in two trips or less! 

Thanks for the idea!

On 7/26/2019 at 6:54 PM, tmp916 said:

I haven't had a mistake enough to get me to the next level, but I do have a cruise on my C&A from 1970, I was born in 1971

That is exactly what happened to us after our cruise in April.  In cruise history, they put in two Baja Mexico cruises in 1970.  We were born in the 80s.  We jumped from Platinum to Emerald.  2 pts away from Diamond.  Possibly C&A intern was friends with drink pkg intern?

41 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

That is exactly what happened to us after our cruise in April.  In cruise history, they put in two Baja Mexico cruises in 1970.  We were born in the 80s.  We jumped from Platinum to Emerald.  2 pts away from Diamond.  Possibly C&A intern was friends with drink pkg intern?

So they never figured it out? You never got dropped or lost the points? I really don't want to lose the points. 

If you sailed with RC before the new C&A program was instituted they gave you 14 points. We started cruising on RC in 1990 and had several cruises with them through the 90's up to 2000. Took some time off then went back in 2003. Somewhere in the very late 90's or early 2000's the C&A program changed. If you could prove that you had sailed with them before 2000 then you received all those points along with an extra 14. Not sure this is what happened but perhaps those extra points were over looked.

Just now, cruisinghawg said:

If you sailed with RC before the new C&A program was instituted they gave you 14 points. We started cruising on RC in 1990 and had several cruises with them through the 90's up to 2000. Took some time off then went back in 2003. Somewhere in the very late 90's or early 2000's the C&A program changed. If you could prove that you had sailed with them before 2000 then you received all those points along with an extra 14. Not sure this is what happened but perhaps those extra points were over looked.

Well I'm not totally following but that makes some sense then. Our first 2 cruises were in the old system. The first was 9 night in a suite, Grand suite to be accurate. We booked a year or more in advance. That cruise in my account says 18 points earned which always confused me. The other one in the old system was 5 days in a regular balcony and for some reason that says 2 points earned. None of that makes sense to me but maybe your trained eye or experienced mind can explain it?

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well I'm not totally following but that makes some sense then. Our first 2 cruises were in the old system. The first was 9 night in a suite, Grand suite to be accurate. We booked a year or more in advance. That cruise in my account says 18 points earned which always confused me. The other one in the old system was 5 days in a regular balcony and for some reason that says 2 points earned. None of that makes sense to me but maybe your trained eye or experienced mind can explain it?

Yes I did a lousy job with my explanation but you see through my bumbling attempt. LOL The 18 points make sense, double points for suite, but the 2 points is completely baffling as it should be 5 points. Which could possibly mean they went back and corrected the 5 night cruise plus gave you the 14 bonus. Strange to say the least but congrats!!!!!!

1 minute ago, cruisinghawg said:

Yes I did a lousy job with my explanation but you see through my bumbling attempt. LOL The 18 points make sense, double points for suite, but the 2 points is completely baffling as it should be 5 points. Which could possibly mean they went back and corrected the 5 night cruise plus gave you the 14 bonus. Strange to say the least but congrats!!!!!!

Holy cow, now I'm learning something. I'm looking at it right now and it a cruise on Explorer 5 nights to Bermuda in a regular balcony June 3rd to June 8th and it just says 2 points. That is baffling because if you count up the actual points next to our 4 cruises it comes out at 34 points, yet somehow I have or we have I should say 59 points. 

Anthem 9 nights ,9 points Explore 5 nights, 5 points, Explorer 5 nights, 2 points, Explorer 9 nights 18 points. Does that not come out to 34? Maybe they screwed up all along and fixed it. I'm confused as the title of my thread says. Confused but hey happy, I'll take it. 

10 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Holy cow, now I'm learning something. I'm looking at it right now and it a cruise on Explorer 5 nights to Bermuda in a regular balcony June 3rd to June 8th and it just says 2 points. That is baffling because if you count up the actual points next to our 4 cruises it comes out at 34 points, yet somehow I have or we have I should say 59 points. 

Anthem 9 nights ,9 points Explore 5 nights, 5 points, Explorer 5 nights, 2 points, Explorer 9 nights 18 points. Does that not come out to 34? Maybe they screwed up all along and fixed it. I'm confused as the title of my thread says. Confused but hey happy, I'll take it. 

Huuuuussssshhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not say a word

1 minute ago, cruisinghawg said:

Okay DW just informed me that we may have gotten those points based on 2 sailings with Celebrity. So if you have sailed on Celebrity maybe this is where the extra points come in.

Nope, we have only RCI 4 times, 2 more booked. Anthem next month and Oasis May 2020. Princess once and NCL Breakaway once. Who knows what is going on. 

7 minutes ago, Skid said:

Screen shot and print everything you have that says 59 then count your blessings and quickly book the only 21 more you need for Diamond!??

Yes, that's the most exciting part! Emerald doesn't mean much but being so close to Diamond does. That is a goal of ours. That is when the good perks kick in. If we get 12 points for Anthem next month and Oasis in may that will put us at 71. Just 9 more to go!