WOW Wrist Band

Can I get some more information about the WOW wrist band,

on one of the blog videos said the price if 4.99? is this correct. is there value? Can it be shared between family members?

Can the fee be waived for Crown and Anchor members? I sounds good not having to carry the card everywhere. can it be used to get back on the ship after an excursion? Thanks for all the information

Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes the Wow band is an added extra (I'm not aware of any C&A perk that would waive the cost), is it worth it will come down to your personal preferences

The band is used the same as your Sea Pass card when you are on the ship, you can use it for purchases and opening your stateroom door (for purchases you may need to remove the band and hand it over to be read by the scanner). The band hold the same information as the Sea Pass card and is linked to you, so for open the stateroom door you can share it, for purchases, I'm afraid not, it would be the same as someone trying to purchase using your Sea Pass card, they're going to need you present to make sure

Getting on and off the Ship you still need to have your Sea Pass card with you

Hi @MDFirst  ?  Welcome to the RCB forums!

We never experienced the WOW.  I guess we are too cheap to spend the money or to purchase a Suite.  The only real use I see for them is around the pool area where you may not have pockets and are buying drinks with them.  Otherwise, they seem more of an effort than their convenience value provides.  Just my opinion...

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

The Wow band is free for Jr Suite cabins and above.

My wife and I stayed in the Grand Suite twice on Anthem and didn't know the WOW bands are reusable until I heard Matt mention it. So, we left FOUR "FREE" perfectly good & reusable WOW bands behind over the two sailings. Will not make that mistake a third time in September!

29 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

My wife and I stayed in the Grand Suite twice on Anthem and didn't know the WOW bands are reusable until I heard Matt mention it. So, we left FOUR "FREE" perfectly good & reusable WOW bands behind over the two sailings. Will not make that mistake a third time in September!

Reusable how?  Within the same sailing or different RCL sailings?

Word is Anthem doesn't like to reuse them..but I had no issues taking a WOW band from a prior cruise and having them reprogram it on Harmony.  Mine didn't have the muster station printed on it which is sometimes the excuse they like to use..I know my mother's old one had the muster station and they reprogrammed hers as well but reiterated and made sure she understood that the muster station wasn't correct.

Using the muster station as a reason not to allow reuse is a weak excuse in my opinion. Its on the back of your door, its on your sea pass card and of course there is the day 1 drill so that they can not only show you where you need to meet but also give them ample time to show you that silly Jane Bond video and make sure that they get a few commercials for whatever they are selling in there as well. Or if you get a chatty captain he will give you the weather report, the entire trips navigation agenda, and whatever other nuggets of wisdom he cares to share at the time. the entire process is dragged on much too long in my opinion.

As for the bands themselves they are something that seemed like a good idea at the time but they never really panned out that way. As mentioned you need it for disembarkation and reentry, they often fail just unlocking your cabin (ever tried to find someone to unlock your door for you in the middle of the day without having to call security from an elevator area or go back down to guest services?)  Your sea pass card fits fine in a bathing suit pocket or a lanyard on your neck if you so choose. Having a rubber band on your wrist is the humidity of say the Caribbean is not all that comfortable or useful when it comes right down to it.

52 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Word is Anthem doesn't like to reuse them..but I had no issues taking a WOW band from a prior cruise and having them reprogram it on Harmony.

That's my experience. Harmony and Symphony have no problems exchanging old bands, but Anthem told me no.

We had a great experience with the WOW bands on Harmony last May.  They worked great getting in to the rooms, and were very convenient.  We used them in place of the sea pass cards everywhere on the ship.  We still needed the sea pass cards for getting on and off the ship.  We also had no problem purchasing with them, and were not required to remove them from the wrist.  All of our bands were generic in that they did NOT have any muster locations printed on them at all.

The only time we had to remove the bands (along with watches, water shoes, etc) was to go down the water slides on Harmony.  Going into the pools on board the ship was no problem at all.

We were also able to use the WOW bands to get into the waterpark on CocoCay with no problem.  We had our sea pass cards with us too, but the WOW bands worked just fine for this.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if they will offer the use of wow bands on oasis after its update later this year? said another way, does anyone know if adding wow band capability will be part of the $165M upgrade of oasis? i have looked everywhere but haven't found anything more than speculation. i also have my travel agent checking on this, but haven't heard back yet. any and all information is appreciated!

On 7/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, Matt said:

That's my experience. Harmony and Symphony have no problems exchanging old bands, but Anthem told me no.

Bummer as we are again sailing on the Anthem!

The OP posted a price of $4.99.  Is that correct?  If so, it is a lot cheaper than I thought.  Maybe I'll try it.

Does anyone know if I purchase a WOW band on Anthem, can I then reuse it next year on Harmony?  Or are the Anthem bands all locked down to just that ship?

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

Does anyone know if I purchase a WOW band on Anthem, can I then reuse it next year on Harmony?  Or are the Anthem bands all locked down to just that ship?

My understanding is that if they have a muster station printed on them they cannot be re-used, if they are blank you can have them recoded to the ship you are on.

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

They're not locked to the ship...you can reuse them on the other ships.  If they do have the muster station they may fuss about it.  They didn't have the correct muster station for my mother to trade hers so they made her agree that she understood the muster station on her old band was wrong.  Once she did they reprogrammed it for free.

1 hour ago, sabarwolf said:

We were so looking forward to getting them, only to find out that they're not on Allure, which we're sailing on. Bummer! ?

we would love to get them as well. we've been saying for years that they should have thought of this/implemented it years ago. anyway, it would be very odd to me if they didn't make this part of the update that oasis will get this year and allure will get next year. either way, we are excited about the updates that we know for sure are coming since we will be on oasis next april!