First Time Star Class!!!

9 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

For my more experienced Star Class-ers, do you know if there is a way to request a different brand of water? (Not really a fan of Evian.... hoping for like a smart water option.  Also, things like Powerade or red bull how can those items be arranged ? @Lovetocruise2002 @WAAAYTOOO

Powerade and Red Bull can be arranged, just put in a request with the Genie. Now a particular flavor isn't a guarantee. Still for a particular flavor it would be best to request as far out as possible. That way it could possibly ordered or the Genie have a "grocery run" for it.

Same would apply with the water, once again no guarantee.

My personal experience, requested hard seltzer and diet Dr. Pepper. Both of those "wishes" while taken they were unable to be granted. Don't recall the excuse, personally I think they had some challenges with the timeline coming from Europe.

In addition to what @CGTLH said, they can probably also get you Acqua Panna. Whatever you are after, it would not hurt to ask. You never know what the Genie can manage. Hubby asked for Pepsi and they couldn’t get that. However, they did manage to get Doritos, Oreos, and Kit Kat, which I know they don’t usually stock on-board. 

On the pre-cruise questionaire it asked about beverages

So we always had large quantities of

San Pellegrino
Milk
Chocolate Milk
Red Bull

As well as the standard Evian that just comes stocked in the room.
If you want redbull in the room they will stock...there was always 8 sitting there for me.  I also told them I liked them room temp so they never never ground cold ones or put in the fridge

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ask your Genie.  They should be able to tell you at this point.

Oddly enough, I have sent him at least two-three emails within the last two weeks and I haven't received a response back yet.  I asked about the special things going on, the embarkation snack items for the room and a couple other things, and he hasn't said anything back as yet.  :37_disappointed:

32 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

Oddly enough, I have sent him at least two-three emails within the last two weeks and I haven't received a response back yet.  I asked about the special things going on, the embarkation snack items for the room and a couple other things, and he hasn't said anything back as yet.  :37_disappointed:

I’m guessing you have Sunil. Lol. Horrible precruise communication. He is absolutely amazing on board though.

15 minutes ago, SuperNinja said:

Do I need to use the luggage tags that come in the cruise docs?  @Lovetocruise2002 @WAAAYTOOO

You can put them on but if you forget it, they can tag it for you too. As @WAAAYTOOO always says, keep your bags with you and it doesn’t really matter. Lol. We did tag ours.

So, here we are 3 days from the cruise, and I now have the wonderful task of trying to pack ??.  Probably one of my least favorite things to do, a strong second to unpacking.  But I have suitcase number 1 completed, and then I checked my email....and who is it.... Sunil.  He has magically appeared lol.  

He addressed all the prior emails, and provided me with the schedule for dining etc.  Couple notes, 1- found out they will not confirm the various events and parties for the 50th Birthday until the day before embarkation (bummer), and then 2- Wish not granted (I asked for either Smart Water or Essentia instead of Evian). However Voss was offered, but I’m personally not a fan other than Sparkling Voss.  But, Not really a disappointment for me, just asked to see if it could be done.  But I live in Miami, so I can just bring it with me, so that’s an easy fix.

Im still a little anxious to see how this “at the port experience” goes, as I’m used to handing the bags off from the car, now I have to make to conscious effort to keep everything. But for now, starting to feel a little excitement, (like a little kid) “it’s almost here”.  

My intent is to try and add details of what happens and photos along the way, of the experience, the room, etc.      For sure, as a first time (Definitely not the last time) star class cruiser, this will be quite interesting 

So excited for you !  Glad to hear that Sunil finally responded....even at this late date.  I guess it doesn’t surprise me that they are still finalizing the Anniversary events but you could have a very different experience from the normal SC. I don’t know if going on the 50th anniversary cruise is going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  My guess is that your experience, as SC, will be far superior to both the other suites guests AND the D+ on board.  I have a feeling upper tier C&A are going to find it hard to do some of the things (lounge access, etc) that they normally do b/c of the high number of pinnies and dignitaries onboard.  I doubt you’ll have that problem.

12 hours ago, SuperNinja said:

Im still a little anxious to see how this “at the port experience” goes, as I’m used to handing the bags off from the car, now I have to make to conscious effort to keep everything. But for now, starting to feel a little excitement, (like a little kid) “it’s almost here”. 

I've found I can mitigate that feeling and make the flow even easier by taking a car service to the port....that way they will drop you right at the special star class location and you don't have to worry about parking and walking back ?

40 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I've found I can mitigate that feeling and make the flow even easier by taking a car service to the port....that way they will drop you right at the special star class location and you don't have to worry about parking and walking back ?

We had very bad luck with this both times on Harmony.  It seems that both times our drivers got into the wrong lane that would not permit them to go all the way up to the Star Class banner....so twice we schlepped our bags all the way from the corner up to the SC area....all the while, baggage handlers trying to get us to drop off our bags.

I agree with dodgestang though...if you CAN get the driver to go all the way up, it's much better.  Just remember to keep your bags with you EVEN if someone at a Star Class area tells you that they are Star Class baggage handlers.  DON'T DO IT !  There will be a Star Class greeter who will pre-check you in....and he/she will tell you what to do with your bags.  If you have pre-arranged with the Genie to take your bags through security and onto the ship with you (which we insist on doing) then don't give your bags to ANYone until after you have talked directly with your Genie. After that, it's all auto-pilot.  You will not have to think about anything else after that !

Our most interesting SC embarkation was our very first one, with Reyno.  Once we got on board he took us back behind Guest Services, through back hallways, through hidden doors...and it was almost impossible to keep up with him b/c he walks at a forced march pace.  He's a trip !  The ones since that one have been fairly boring...but easy.

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

you could have a very different experience from the normal SC. I don’t know if going on the 50th anniversary cruise is going to be a good thing or a bad thing.

+1 on this sentiment.  Not going to re-hash the drama from the President's cruise last year, but you may not the the typical SC experience.  Keep an open mind.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:11 PM, dodgestang said:

I planned on getting dropped off at the port.  It’s actually cheaper to do that than to park there at $22/day, and it’s also one less thing I have to think about. 

So, having finally experienced day one of being star class, I must say I and completed and utterly impressed.  From the time that I walked into the port, it was seamless.  Checked in, they took us off to the side and up the elevators, and straight to security.  Entire process from car to inside the terminal awaiting the genie took possibly 5-7minutes.   (#MindBlown)

(There’s a couple photos of the port experience and the waiting area.)

E2E6589E-368B-42CA-8D8A-C2C061929AF1.jpeg

416F9567-3B03-442D-BB8D-12C60884C5D2.jpeg

B7E56180-0833-4D8C-966B-8CED4B00A473.jpeg

B7B50D78-FA47-4C6B-BB21-71DC5F6F14DE.jpeg

406B67A6-B2F2-46FA-BA07-E54EEC08CDD4.jpeg

Once we arrived at the waiting area, they told us that Sunil had just took another family up and would be back shortly, (We weren’t in a rush and truthfully we made it through security faster than I even thought possibly anyway so, I had nothing but time).

Sunil arrives, and after a brief conversation, we are off and on headed on the ship (our bags right next to us with the porter), get to the elevator (he uses his “magic key”) no waiting or stopping to get to deck 17!  (Too bad i cant get one of these the entire cruise ?)

Made it upstairs to the suite.... and OMG!  I’m blown away! 

BE992807-360D-4270-BCDC-4E3073A28907.jpeg

F383220B-17A3-4417-9ED2-74FFE6398B2A.jpeg

65D329F3-AFB6-4EA3-829E-AA96C2DE9C0E.jpeg

7448D149-5F81-4915-B9DE-1B0B6BA10B2A.jpeg

C7A666C3-5B57-4062-A7D0-32E472036FEF.jpeg

ABC5A817-BD07-46AC-8DC3-E8C755A63301.jpeg

5769B669-7130-4E98-A5FD-8719F479D27B.jpeg

220A2FEF-3D7C-474B-8491-1738AD595719.jpeg

3B876785-0F1B-412D-AC90-623782C025ED.jpeg

0D690A94-E1A0-4AF4-B0DB-04903283CB2F.jpeg

BB98D011-918E-429B-9C70-C11CDA7AC119.jpeg

C8FEE2B2-6D14-4763-8BD5-409BA24A6F11.jpeg

F07D8930-47F4-44B0-99DB-CB189306A1CA.jpeg

A491489E-B21B-4D72-9330-CD7BECC3C430.jpeg

46264D42-5DDB-4F69-9138-8941C7E5603A.jpeg

So, after a brief sit with Sunil for discussion of perks, etc, we went off to lunch at Coastal Kitchen.  Wasn’t really crowded (I think because of the time, as the night progressed, I have seen and interacted with many pinnacle guests (one of which last night is from Canada @Lovetocruise2002 (they have 4 cruises including this one before the end of the year #Jealous)

Fast forward...... for Dinner tonight, Sunil booked us in Hooked. I was really excited actually as I’m a big seafood person!  When we arrive, to say the greeting and service was subpar would be an understatement.  We arrived and were asked to sit, then a group that came after us came in and were seated immediately.  I brushed it off, then we were seated.  We were at our table for about 10minutes before anyone even came over and said anything..... not a good start, so, as Sunil asked (if I have any issues send him a message) I sent him a message about the issue, and within seconds, the manager comes over and apologizes and both him and the waiter take care of us for the remainder of the service. #SunilSuperGenie

Sunil comes by a little bit later in the meal to check on us and see how things are going and tell us about the reservations for Hairspray for tonight.  Let me just say, while initial contact was a little scarce, Sunil is absolutely amazing!!! 

After dinner we have a little time to kill so we walk the promenade, and then finally go to meet Sunil in the Royal Theater for Hairspray.  He has reserved seats front row....(I’m almost a little embarrassed to walk by all of these people who waited and us just strolling in and coming to the front) however, I get there, the show is awesome, but.... this is where the Cruisers from Canada have us some insight, Scott, (The husband), told me he had seen the show about 25 times, and in order to enjoy shows like this, you should see if from both perspectives, up close as we were to see the facial expressions and then a little further back to see the actual totality of the show.  Made sense, we all planned together to go see it again in 2 days.

Food Pictures are :  

1- Crab cake (absolutely amazing)

2- Oyster Trio (I enjoyed all except the Champagne and Brie)

3- Ceviche - Very Good

4- Whole Stuffed Lobster - Wonderful 

**No Room for Dessert**

129A5FF3-E272-4147-A657-6AA398FF4B48.jpeg

A9C206F0-6CD7-43FF-827E-4D8522502AF6.jpeg

E79B7029-D4D0-4CCE-8027-A66C91386238.jpeg

848F470F-2426-4C6A-88BE-DAE54121C143.jpeg

A4A3C6B3-24DC-46A5-9422-416774C290B7.jpeg

67D1BF53-C29B-49EB-8BAD-629FB06FDBC4.jpeg

6A0DBA36-694E-42E1-8247-8FC048499444.jpeg

9BD41F5C-CE5E-4CD0-BBBB-54F59AD21178.jpeg

A6398256-5FD8-475E-9F55-10C886FFB416.jpeg

3C1B23F0-60C3-48DD-823C-BC03348A2AA9.jpeg

FAB3BCE0-713F-4728-A584-831EAA8B1FB2.jpeg

68CF5E20-0B29-4EBF-B00E-BC4FD9493FF3.jpeg

How did I miss the fact that you guys are in the RLS ??  VERY nice. This is the first blog that I have read from the RLS.  So glad you’re enjoying it.  I have never had Sunil as a Genie but delighted to hear that he is so responsive.  Did Sunil walk you in to Hooked ?  I think, perhaps, with so many high level C&A on your cruise, it might be helpful to have him meet you at the restaurant so that you aren’t disappointed again.  GOOD for you that you contacted him right away.  Trust me, when the restaurant knows you are SC, it makes a difference in how you are treated. Glad to see that he took care of it right away. PS...we loved Hooked.

7 hours ago, SuperNinja said:

So, having finally experienced day one of being star class, I must say I and completed and utterly impressed.  From the time that I walked into the port, it was seamless.  Checked in, they took us off to the side and up the elevators, and straight to security.  Entire process from car to inside the terminal awaiting the genie took possibly 5-7minutes.   (#MindBlown)

(There’s a couple photos of the port experience and the waiting area.)

E2E6589E-368B-42CA-8D8A-C2C061929AF1.jpeg

406B67A6-B2F2-46FA-BA07-E54EEC08CDD4.jpeg

Color me a little jealous......that waiting area is a bit nicer than port bayonne ?

I've never gotten cookies in port ?

hehe

IMG_1493.thumb.JPG.7b4fb7e937f2f63ca33ac632ad81e9dc.JPG

On 10/12/2019 at 11:52 AM, DrNDo said:

I just thought of something. If your goal is to wear something distinguishing so that some of the crew are aware that you are star class without having to carry around the plum card and flash it, then there is a red wrist band that you can get from the activity desk next to the flow riders. You’re supposed to use this to skip the lines for the flowrider, zip line, abyss etc. When the crew saw it they knew we were star class. For instance when walking up to the crowded Aquatheater before Hiro the staff saw the red band and let us in without having to take out the card.

What else does this band help you skip the line for?  Is there a way to skip the waterslide lines, ladabee spots or anything else?

Thanks.

13 hours ago, jgoodm said:

What else does this band help you skip the line for?  Is there a way to skip the waterslide lines, ladabee spots or anything else?

The Star Class activity band should let you skip the lines for most of the onboard activities (waterslides, Abyss slide, flowrider, rock wall, and zipline).  Although they do state that during the really busy times they would prefer that you don't use it for the flowrider...they should give you a specific timeframe of when that is.  

For Labadee you should get a wristband specific to the suites area.