Snorkeling Options without a stop at Roatan

foxrunner

We will be sailing on Allure on December 29, 2019 and just received the dreaded email that because of the propulsion problems, we will no longer be going to Roatan.  We were going to snorkel there, and it was, truthfully, the reason we chose this ship and itinerary.  We will now be going to Nassau instead.  We will also still be stopping at Cozumel and Costa Maya. We are traveling with our two sons, ages 17 and 20 and as a family our priorities are snorkeling, zip lining in the jungle and visiting Maya ruins.  Right now we have a reservation for Xplor adventure park when we are in Cozumel. This would check off our zip line activity.  But we are wondering if we should snorkel in Cozumel instead.  We also have booked a visit to Maya ruins in Costa Maya.  This is our first cruise as a family, and we are a little confused about what to do now.  Any ideas on where to snorkel, zip line and view ruins would be appreciated.  Also, any ideas about Nassau excursions, not shopping, would be appreciated.

You might be able to Zip line and do the ruins both on Costa Maya, I would snorkel in Cozumel, it is considered one of the top spots to snorkel in the Caribbean.

There might be some of the stuff in Nassau but I've never looked, don't go to Atlantis, it's to expensive.

This is a lol comment, but you can Zip the one line on Allure.

1 hour ago, foxrunner said:

We will be sailing on Allure on December 29, 2019 and just received the dreaded email that because of the propulsion problems, we will no longer be going to Roatan.  We were going to snorkel there, and it was, truthfully, the reason we chose this ship and itinerary.  We will now be going to Nassau instead.  We will also still be stopping at Cozumel and Costa Maya. We are traveling with our two sons, ages 17 and 20 and as a family our priorities are snorkeling, zip lining in the jungle and visiting Maya ruins.  Right now we have a reservation for Xplor adventure park when we are in Cozumel. This would check off our zip line activity.  But we are wondering if we should snorkel in Cozumel instead.  We also have booked a visit to Maya ruins in Costa Maya.  This is our first cruise as a family, and we are a little confused about what to do now.  Any ideas on where to snorkel, zip line and view ruins would be appreciated.  Also, any ideas about Nassau excursions, not shopping, would be appreciated.

At Costa Maya, we have visited the Mayan ruins at Chacchoben and enjoyed it very much.  I was too old to snorkel at Cozumel, but we had a great time at the Amazing Secret River, which involved taking the ferry to Playa del Carmen.  The tour is "wet" --- swimming/hiking through a cave system.  Have fun whatever you choose to do, but I love snorkeling whenever I can get the chance.