Solarium Bistro

Kirsten

This is one of my favorite places to eat. If you get tired of the heavy high calorie meals....this place is for you. 

They serve things like grilled fish, vegetarian items, lots of veggies. Think spa food.

I also saw the charge is zero on the cruise planner. I wanted to make reservations but I’ve been u able to find any link to do so..

They also serve lunch.

We also enjoyed Solarium (more so than main dining).  They bring you the main dish fresh to order and the other items are buffet style but lots to choose from and very yummy!  We made reservations right on the app during the cruise as late as the morning of and it wasn't a problem but best to do early in the week for best seating time for you.  As far as kids go,  my youngest was 15 and it never was a problem,  but not sure about little ones.  

The Solarium itself is reserved for 16 & older, but the Bistro is for anyone.  Only did breakfast there, unfortunately, while we were on Anthem last January.-- wanted to try it for lunch, but a lot of the time we had a big breakfast, so skipped lunch a lot of days.  Didn't do it for dinner because we mostly did CK (Junior Suite) or specialty

is this something that HAS to be booked to use? I am defn looking for options over WJ on my upcoming Harmony cruise....JR is going to be a cpl times for sure.....was hoping the solarium would be an option..as I have used it on other cruises in the morning but didn't have to book(albeit the selections were small and limited)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, raahc said:

Hello everyone,

I thought there was a charge for dinner in the Solarium?  Perhaps I read it wrong on another forum?  Is it free in the Solarium bistro, but at cost in the Solarium?

Thank you!

There is not a charge to my knowledge.

Allure turned the Solarium into a Brazilian steak house at dinner and there might have been an upcharge for that, that may have been what you read.

21 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

There is not a charge to my knowledge.

Allure turned the Solarium into a Brazilian steak house at dinner and there might have been an upcharge for that, that may have been what you read.

Our next sailing is Harmony and I recall reading it from the Harmony forums.  Perhaps I just read it wrong.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, raahc said:

Our next sailing is Harmony and I recall reading it from the Harmony forums.  Perhaps I just read it wrong.  Thank you!

There are a couple of items that have an upcharge associated with them. Perhaps that is what they were referring to? But it's similar to how it is in the MDR and the extra cost items are clearly marked.

AwesomeScreenshot-drive-google-file-d-1RUyzYX27wZuszNLGAsN6lKn-FnDU6L1d-view-2019-08-14_5_40.thumb.png.d4431e973b01e6843b2d761defd1b93c.png

3 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

There are a couple of items that have an upcharge associated with them. Perhaps that is what they were referring to? But it's similar to how it is in the MDR and the extra cost items are clearly marked.

Thank you for attaching the menu - very helpful.  I am aware of the extra charges, I don't think that was it, but it's okay.  I have confirmation here on this forum that there is no charge (for the regular menu items).  Thank you again for sorting this out for me!