Dressing for the formal nights

Superman47

1 hour ago, Superman47 said:

Do I have ware a suit or can I ware Khakis and a dress shirt

You'll be fine (you'll be comfortable and you'll contribute to the ambience)  if you follow the advice of @JLMoran .  I wear a suit because it's left over from my days at work.  I mean, since I'm retired, I really wear out my shorts and khakis, so my business clothes are in better shape.   Have a great cruise!

The "no shorts, flip flops and Tshirt" is not true.  I see the shorts and tshirt more and more every cruise I go on,   even on formal night.  They will not kick you out of the dining room for wearing shorts.  Swim wear would not be a good idea.  I try not to judge people for what they are wearing.  It will be entirely up to you whether you wear shorts and tshirts or a tuxedo.  What you feel the most comfortable.  Have fun and remember your on vacation.

33 minutes ago, MikeK said:

The "no shorts, flip flops and Tshirt" is not true.  I see the shorts and tshirt more and more every cruise I go on,   even on formal night.  They will not kick you out of the dining room for wearing shorts.

Believe it or not I just returned last week from a cruise and saw not one adult in shorts at the formal dinners(2) in the MDR. When we noticed the lack of casual wear we actually started looking around at all of the tables near us, and people exiting   My husband and I remarked that we thought this cruise, especially for a Caribbean was very formal.  We had never seen so many people in tuxes and suits.  

My husband wore sport coat/tie/slacks for the 1st formal night, the 2nd he wore his suit.  I wore a cocktail dress for both nights.  Add in that we had chef's table,  my hubby landed up taking 2 sportscoats and 1 suit.  We did not dress up as much for the Chef's table (Sunday best) and we both felt a tad underdressed.  At the chef's table we were talking to our maitre'd and remarked how dressed up we were finding people on this cruise, be it the 1st formal night or the specialty restaurants like Chops.  He remarked that he too had seen recently this trend, usually the NE/Canada or Med cruise they dress up more compared to the Caribbean.  His only guess was it was due to the time of yr....popular for newlywed/honeymoon,  HS graduations where it is a perfect opportunity to get a formal family portrait and young families with little ones (same idea).  We all could see that because typically we sail in the fall or spring when kids are in school, and on this cruise there kids of all ages riding the elevators alone all hours of the day.