Cool cruiser

hello we are new to this group. I know this is a very basic question that I should know the answer to. We were on the anthem years ago when you had to book all your main dining  room choices. We just want to do early seating in the same dining room every night. Do we have to make arrangements for this or is it like the other ships we have been on and it is all set up when you board. Thanks for the help. 

9 hours ago, Cool cruiser said:

hello we are new to this group. I know this is a very basic question that I should know the answer to. We were on the anthem years ago when you had to book all your main dining  room choices. We just want to do early seating in the same dining room every night. Do we have to make arrangements for this or is it like the other ships we have been on and it is all set up when you board. Thanks for the help. 

@tmp916 hit the nail on the head.  And If you are booking a new cruise, it is also possible that you won't get your first choice right away.  We book through a travel agent, and sometimes we are put on a waiting list for the traditional dining time we want.  The default seems to be My Time Dining, but if at first you don't get what you want, be persistent. Also remember to indicate to your agent or Royal whether you want a "group table" or a table by yourself.   Have a wonderful cruise.

It sounds like you want traditional dining.

If you booked with Royal Caribbean directly, you can call them and ask to be put into traditional dining (there's two choices: early or late).  If you booked with a travel agent, your travel agent can make the change for you.

Here's a breakdown of Traditional versus My Time Dining

10 hours ago, Cool cruiser said:

Sounds like you were on Anthem when they had Dynamic Dining -- that's been done away with.  If you travel on Anthem again, they still have the 4 dining rooms, but 2 are for set dining (early & late -- Grande & Chic) & 2 are for my time dining (Silk & American Icon), however, the menus are the same. Most of the other ships just have the 3 floor MDR, with 2 floors for set dining & 1 for MTD.  If you want early, request it.  If you get MTD, just make reservations in your Cruise Planner for the same time every day -- which will basically allow you to have your preferred time, & you can also request the same table/waiter each time if you are pleased with them after the first night.  Enjoy your cruise!!