Non-beach excursion St. Thomas

An idea for the end of the day is to take a ride up to Paradise Point. It's a short walk from the pier (assuming you're not docked at the pier further away, then a short cab ride) and the views are amazing; you take a SkyRide to the top. There is a restaurant up top where we enjoy a bushwacker and soak up the views.

_MG_5327-800x800.jpg

10 hours ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Hello, 

My BF and I are not huge beach people and don't like spending a TON of time on or near the sand... 

Does anyone have any suggestions for an excursion in St. Thomas? We thought about doing the Boss Underwater Adventure but that seems pricey...

There used to be an excursion through Royal going to St John's, which required a ferry ride.  I believe it involved doing volunteer work at the National Park.  Might be worth checking out...

We have also done the "tour" of the island by bus; it gives you some views and gift shops, but it's not very exciting.

40 minutes ago, KricketB73 said:

I'm not sure if RC still has it, but in 2016 we did a Rum Tour.  It took us to Bluebeard's Tower and a pirate museum.  We got to sample more flavors of rum than I could even count then ended up at a fun bar by the tower and amber waterfalls.  It was a very fun day!!

Just added this to my list of possibilities for next visit!

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

There used to be an excursion through Royal going to St John's, which required a ferry ride.  I believe it involved doing volunteer work at the National Park.  Might be worth checking out...

We did that Royal excursion in May and loved it. It was about a 40 minute narrated very informative boat ride to St John and then a 20 minute narrated bus ride to Trunk Bay beach. It was very reasonable priced at $66 per person. I highly recommend it. You can get more details and see pictures about half way down on page 6 of my live blog here

Spoiler alert--I do talk about a lot of those informative points.

For reference, if you're on a larger ship like an Oasis class (you can see the Oasis in the background of my photo lol) it's Crown Bay where you dock (or did in 2010) so just need to add that cab time in. Otherwise, Havensight is right there and just need to add in the SkyRide down. Unless you walk, which, wow, but some do!

image.png.e60e16aef7f1907c725828e4829ad3da.png

1 hour ago, KricketB73 said:

I'm not sure if RC still has it, but in 2016 we did a Rum Tour.  It took us to Bluebeard's Tower and a pirate museum.  We got to sample more flavors of rum than I could even count then ended up at a fun bar by the tower and amber waterfalls.  It was a very fun day!!

Ooh Love the idea of a rum tour.... Will have to look into it. 

3 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

For reference, if you're on a larger ship like an Oasis class (you can see the Oasis in the background of my photo lol) it's Crown Bay where you dock (or did in 2010) so just need to add that cab time in. Otherwise, Havensight is right there and just need to add in the SkyRide down. Unless you walk, which, wow, but some do!

image.png.e60e16aef7f1907c725828e4829ad3da.png

Thanks definitely considering it! We will be on Adventure so maybe we will be at the IWC dock?

1 hour ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

Thanks definitely considering it! We will be on Adventure so maybe we will be at the IWC dock?

I believe so.

A link provided here: 

Points to this website: https://visitstthomas.com/cruise_ships.html which shows IWC for all ships except "Oasis & Allure" (I assume it's all Oasis ships including Harmony).