Has any negotiated a drinks package price

A few days ago RC was running a BOGO 50% off deal on the deluxe drinks package for my cruise. The original price was $54/person/day and the BOGO price was $51/person/day. Well, I forgot to purchase it and the deal is no longer available. Currently they are running a "20% off on board price" deal for $56/person/day, so I'm not particularly happy with that.

I'd like to call RC customer service to see if there is any way for me to get the BOGO price, but not sure how to approach the situation. I don't want to sound like an angry jerk, but I am upset. Not to mention they've already changed the cruise itinerary and we won't be stopping in a port I was looking forward to (completely understand they have every right to change the itinerary, but still...). I'm 194 days out from my cruise, so I imagine there is a possibility for other deals to run during that time, but I also don't want the prices to increase from hear on out.

Anyways - has anyone ever done this before? Would love some advice.

1 hour ago, maggieallyn95 said:

A few days ago RC was running a BOGO 50% off deal on the deluxe drinks package for my cruise. The original price was $54/person/day and the BOGO price was $51/person/day. Well, I forgot to purchase it and the deal is no longer available. Currently they are running a "20% off on board price" deal for $56/person/day, so I'm not particularly happy with that.

I'd like to call RC customer service to see if there is any way for me to get the BOGO price, but not sure how to approach the situation. I don't want to sound like an angry jerk, but I am upset. Not to mention they've already changed the cruise itinerary and we won't be stopping in a port I was looking forward to (completely understand they have every right to change the itinerary, but still...). I'm 194 days out from my cruise, so I imagine there is a possibility for other deals to run during that time, but I also don't want the prices to increase from hear on out.

Anyways - has anyone ever done this before? Would love some advice.

Don't worry there will be another cruise planner sale.. They seem to happen like every other week. Just keep checking and when you see a cruise planner sale buy the package. 

14 hours ago, maggieallyn95 said:

I'm 194 days out from my cruise, so I imagine there is a possibility for other deals to run during that time

At 194 days out you have plenty of time, you can buy off the Cruise Planner up to 3 days before your cruise.

What I would do is continue to watch and buy at the cheapest you see, if there is another sale and it becomes cheaper you cancel the more expensive and buy the cheaper price.

Ultimately with 194 days you have time to watch for Black Friday sales and then buy, traditionally Black Friday have been the cheapest on the drink package as well as Dinning and Shore excursions, IMO. 

There's plenty of time for another Cruise Planner sale. There's no chance they will bargain on pricing since they can only book what is loaded into the system when you call. If they did it for you, they'd have to do it for everyone. A good strategy is to book it today regardless of the price and cancel and rebook later when it lowers. I also like @tiny260's suggestion about the Black Friday idea...there is certain to be a deal out there that day, you will have about 100 days left till you cruise.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:57 PM, Brendaben said:

You will definitely get another sale, I bought the package for $49, at about 110 days out, I check it every day, it has gone back and forth every week between $52 and $49. The 49 was the BOGO 50% off.  Be patient, it will go on sale again.

can you tell where do you find those deals?
we have 27 days to go for our 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise with symphony, and we are family of 5. i'd love to put my hand on a  reduced drinking/eating/internet package.

3 hours ago, usafun said:

we have 27 days to go for our 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise with symphony, and we are family of 5. i'd love to put my hand on a  reduced drinking/eating/internet package.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:20 AM, usafun said:

The cruise planner is under the Royal Caribbean "already booked" tab. You'll need your reservation number.  You should make any entertainment reservations and purchase any dining, beverage, internet or shore excursions.

Don't get yourself crazy.  The BEST deal on the liquor packages will be offered Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving)!   Take my word for it.  You will have BOGO offers up until maybe 3 weeks BEFORE your cruise, so at that point you should have booked something.  My sister thought it would still go down 3 weeks prior to our cruise, and it didn't and she ended paying a bit more.  Now if you're just charging the package and NOT paying with some credit card points,  you can always book it and cancel it if you find it cheaper.  Be careful if you're using points to pay, they are not always refundable.  Read the fine print.   Black Friday will be the BEST DEAL offered on those type packages.  Been there and missed that boat!     

We sail on Black Friday.  Does anyone know if you can buy online the morning of your cruise???  And, would it then be too late to cancel anything already purchased.  So, if I buy the drink package now and it goes on a big sale on Black Friday, will I still be able to cancel that day and re-purchase?  Thank for the info.

1 hour ago, Dramamama said:

We sail on Black Friday.  Does anyone know if you can buy online the morning of your cruise???  And, would it then be too late to cancel anything already purchased.  So, if I buy the drink package now and it goes on a big sale on Black Friday, will I still be able to cancel that day and re-purchase?  Thank for the info.

Your cruise planner closes 3 days before your trip. Your particular sailing wouldn’t go on sale on Black Friday, anyway.  Sales are not the same fleet wide. What one person pays for the drink package on one shop could be completely different on another. Just keep your eye on the sales.