MEI Travel

12 minutes ago, ken_lesko said:

I’m looking to use Mei as my travel agent for my future cruise booking. My last experience was not the greatest. Has anyone worked with Stephanie at MEI? I received a quote from her does that mean I have to go through her? 

I may be taking this incorrectly, but you are looking to change TO MEI correct? Not that you had a bad experience with MEI.  

In regards to your question, I just recently switched to MEI and will use them from now on...Stephanie is my agent and shes awesome!

11 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

MEI is an excellent and only choice to make.  We were using AAA but our agent went to a different department and the agent we got is not that knowledgeable so this fall we are moving and will be switching to MEI.  

I had a similar issue with AAA. The agent we were to use retired and the one that took over was there for a few months and then left with medical issues. The next one we got was less than helpful. She cost me $175 in OBC while only saving $50 for the cruise fare when I only asked her to look not change.

I will be using MEI in the future. 

What is people's typical experience with response time for payments by email?  I'm not sure how long I should wait before emailing again.  Trying not to be unreasonable, since I know I'm not the only customer and they have such great reviews.

1 minute ago, Garth said:

What is people's typical experience with response time for payments by email?  I'm not sure how long I should wait before emailing again.  Trying not to be unreasonable, since I know I'm not the only customer and they have such great reviews.

Hey,

If you want to PM me or email me, I can look into what is going on.  We do have a couple of agents traveling but I can look into this and get you an answer back today.  Most of the agents reply within 24 to 48 hours.  It can depend on offers, client issues, and other items with other reservations. And sometimes it could be there is a lost email.

2 minutes ago, Garth said:

Who is your agent and pinging @annette

As an example my agent is Michelle, (+ thumb up, lost count of where we are) and she is on vacation this week, a cruise.

I' am very new to  posting and equally new to using this TA or any TA.

I just received a quote and from what I have been reading on the message boards it seems that $75.00 OBC for booking a suite is a little low.

The difference in price from RCCL and MEI  is $47.00 total and then the $75.00 OBC.  I was expecting a little more from booking with a TA.

As I am not an established customer, is this the norm?

44 minutes ago, Planeprincess said:

I' am very new to  posting and equally new to using this TA or any TA.

I just received a quote and from what I have been reading on the message boards it seems that $75.00 OBC for booking a suite is a little low.

The difference in price from RCCL and MEI  is $47.00 total and then the $75.00 OBC.  I was expecting a little more from booking with a TA.

As I am not an established customer, is this the norm?

Hey,

There are agents and agencies out there that might offer your more OBC than the agent you received the quote from.  For the MEI agents they look at what you were booking, the cost, length of cruise can come into play, and that helps determine what they decide to offer as a gift to you for the booking.  Some of our agents prefer to give surprise gifts to clients in the room as a thank you as well.  The agent will be working for you to adjust the price if Royal has a rate that is better than what you are booked at as well.  This can also come into play with the amount they offer.

In the end it depends on if you are looking for a Travel planner to offer you large amount of OBC but maybe not provide service or some OBC and still continue to work with you to help save you money.

The last time we cruised, we used AAA travel-we were not happy in general with the service and have used MEI for our next two cruises.  For one, our gratuities are covered, but nothing for the next one.  AAA left a bottle of champagne in each of our three staterooms, which was a waste, since we had the drink packages.  We left it for our room stewards, hoping that they would be able to enjoy it.  We have the drink package for each of our upcoming cruises as well; would it be rude to ask that the agent not send wine to our rooms?  

14 minutes ago, tmellison said:

Hello! I'm totally new to cruising (92 days until my first!) and to traveling other than local. The travel agency we used for this cruise is local but if we decide to do this again, can I use MEI if I live in Maryland? May be a silly question but not quite sure how that works! ?

Thanks!

Yes!  MEI can be used from anywhere in the US and are accessible online via email, various messaging systems, and by phone.  

1 hour ago, Planeprincess said:

I was expecting a little more from booking with a TA.

Typically you will find the large OBC offers from larger travel agencies.  They do a lot of business in bulk and operate through call centers when it comes to customer service.  You are giving up the personalized service for OBC.  It works for some people but if anything goes wrong I have heard horror stories of having to deal with the larger TAs to get issues resolved.

15 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

The last time we cruised, we used AAA travel-we were not happy in general with the service and have used MEI for our next two cruises.  For one, our gratuities are covered, but nothing for the next one.  AAA left a bottle of champagne in each of our three staterooms, which was a waste, since we had the drink packages.  We left it for our room stewards, hoping that they would be able to enjoy it.  We have the drink package for each of our upcoming cruises as well; would it be rude to ask that the agent not send wine to our rooms?  

No it would not be rude.  The agent is trying to do something to thank you for the business.  Feel free to let them know your preferences.  Matt let me know early on not to send Champagne as they didn't drink it.  We like sending gifts that can be used.