Repricing Room

jce2

Greetings,

A quick question:  I have a room already booked and now there is a significant sale going on.  I know in previous cruises i have been able to reprice my room to take advantage of the sale without actually changing my reservation or room.  In the past I have been able to tell if i was saving money simply by doing a fake reservation of a room in the same category.  Alas, this time all the rooms in my catagory are alreayd sold (aft balcony) so no way to price-check.  Any idea how I can solve this?  Using a different date with similar prices it looks like I can save $1000.  I am using a TA this time but last time I asked about a sale she implied I would have to change rooms. Is that true?

Not all categories will be available with the offer.  If they have already moved to a waitlist situation then it will not have the offer on it.  You could look at other categories to see what the offer would be to possibly upgrade, but you might would lose the aft balcony by moving to another category.  I have looked at many reservations today, and just remember that KSF doesnt always work to a better price even with OBC.  They play with the names on these offers to attract more business.  Most of my clients that I looked at today would have to pay more.  I was only able to save 2 families money and even that was at small amounts ($42)

4 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Not all categories will be available with the offer.  If they have already moved to a waitlist situation then it will not have the offer on it.  You could look at other categories to see what the offer would be to possibly upgrade, but you might would lose the aft balcony by moving to another category.  I have looked at many reservations today, and just remember that KSF doesnt always work to a better price even with OBC.  They play with the names on these offers to attract more business.  Most of my clients that I looked at today would have to pay more.  I was only able to save 2 families money and even that was at small amounts ($42)

We are new MEI customers....so glad to hear that MEI automatically checks the sale for savings for their customers  :)

2 minutes ago, Pen said:

We are new MEI customers....so glad to hear that MEI automatically checks the sale for savings for their customers  ?

Thank you for giving us a try!  It does take the agents a little bit of time to work thru all of these, but Im sure your agent is checking for you today!

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No. You can still re-price the room even if your room category is sold out. I have done this many times. It might affect some OBC that you might have but if the actual price has gone down and you are outside of final payment (and within NA) then you should be able to re-price it.

It would actually add OBC in my case as I booked the day the cruise first posted and there was no OBC offered.  The problem is, how do you reprice the room if the catagory is sold out as there is no way to look at that catagories pricing on-line?

5 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

I understand that not all categories may be in the offer, but how can i definitivly find out?  In the past I could just call RC and ask, but as I understand it, they wont speak to me if it shows I have a TA (I honestly waffled on using a TA specifically for that lack of control but took the leap)
FYI: The room catagory in quesiton is the more expensive of the two "Spacious Balcony" catagories (aft cabins) on the June 19th sailing of Radiance out of Seawrd.....

13 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Most of my clients that I looked at today would have to pay more.  I was only able to save 2 families money and even that was at small amounts ($42)

I can attest to this. I called to check on my Oasis sailing, and my price would have gone up $300, which is the same as the OBC for suites....(not fishy at all)

3 minutes ago, jce2 said:

It would actually add OBC in my case as I booked the day the cruise first posted and there was no OBC offered.  The problem is, how do you reprice the room if the catagory is sold out as there is no way to look at that catagories pricing on-line?

I understand that not all categories may be in the offer, but how can i definitivly find out?  In the past I could just call RC and ask, but as I understand it, they wont speak to me if it shows I have a TA (I honestly waffled on using a TA specifically for that lack of control but took the leap)
FYI: The room catagory in quesiton is the more expensive of the two "Spacious Balcony" catagories (aft cabins) on the June 19th sailing of Radiance out of Seawrd.....

I do not use the consumer site so not sure what you see vs what I see.  I would recommend reaching out to your TA and asking them to reprice for you.  Let them know you want to see the price with the OBC so you can see what compares.  You cant look at a similar sailing because it all depends on supply and demand.  If they dont have the offer on your category for the sailing you would not get the OBC without the offer.

2 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

I do not use the consumer site so not sure what you see vs what I see.  I would recommend reaching out to your TA and asking them to reprice for you.  Let them know you want to see the price with the OBC so you can see what compares.  You cant look at a similar sailing because it all depends on supply and demand.  If they dont have the offer on your category for the sailing you would not get the OBC without the offer.

Yeah, my TA (MEI) just reached out to me and my catagory being sold out is problmeatic and my sons catagory actually went up in pirce.  I could save by changing to a regular balcony but no way am i giving up an aft balcony on my dream vacation!

16 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I can attest to this. I called to check on my Oasis sailing, and my price would have gone up $300, which is the same as the OBC for suites....(not fishy at all)

Sorry it took so long for them to reach out.  I know for the very few that I had (MATT) it was taking longer than normal today because we always look at what you have booked and if possibly its cheaper for you to upgrade.  I had at least 7 I had to email on today to say - it cost more, but you get XX OBC - or you could change categories and get XYZ - this offer was not good to many that we have found

50 minutes ago, jce2 said:

Sorry to hear that it did not work out for you with the re-price.  This thread explains my experience when re-pricing a cabin that has sold out.  Maybe it might help for the future.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10443-fare-reduction-for-phantom-cabin/&tab=comments#comment-98112

As far as Royal not dealing with you, I have (under extreme circumstances) called Royal and asked them to check for me.  While they cannot discuss actual numbers, I have asked them from what they can see, if I need to call my TA back.  I've only done this once (with a sold out cabin) because I was fairly confident from my tracking that my price was lower and I felt that my TA may have been mistaken.  The end result was that Royal advised me to call my TA back because the difference was significant enough to pursue, not $50 as my TA had said.  Again, each situation is different but that is my experience that I can share.

3 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Sorry it took so long for them to reach out.  I know for the very few that I had (MATT) it was taking longer than normal today because we always look at what you have booked and if possibly its cheaper for you to upgrade.  I had at least 7 I had to email on today to say - it cost more, but you get XX OBC - or you could change categories and get XYZ - this offer was not good to many that we have found

Didnt take long at all (sorry if I implied it did!).  My TA contacted me within an hour of my original  check how the sale would effect upgrading my sons room for a ocean-view to a balcony.

Was able to call yesterday and reprice even though their are no rooms in the category I booked left. There hasn’t been any left for months as I got the last AQ 2BR. But checking the prices of all the suites everyday l, if the rooms above and rooms below go down, there’s a good chance my room did as well. 

Was able to save 682 dollars on the reservation and add the 300OBC. Well worth 45 minutes of my time on the phone. 

On 7/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, AnnetteJackson said:

Thank you for giving us a try!  It does take the agents a little bit of time to work thru all of these, but Im sure your agent is checking for you today!

We booked through Michelle Cunningham  :)  We caught her right before she headed out of town.  She booked my sister and myself...and my nephew and his wife  :)

9 hours ago, Pen said:

We booked through Michelle Cunningham  ? We caught her right before she headed out of town.  She booked my sister and myself...and my nephew and his wife  ?

The great thing about this team - even while Michelle is out she will have someone checking for you if another offer comes in.  Glad she was able to help before escaping for a much deserved vacation ?

• 6 months later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread but, I have a question about repricing. I booked a cruise on an online website (prior to finding my MEI agent) and I wanted to reprice today, but was told that I can't because it has to be in the same 5D category. I wanted to go from 5D to a 2E (obstructed balcony), which would have saved me about $225. Earlier this year I was able to go from a Studio Balcony, to a regular balcony and saved some coin without issue. But, now that I want to go down to a different balcony, they said this is not possible. They said I have to look for price drops only in 5D. Is this accurate, I can only reprice same category (5D) or price up even though I am still in a balcony cabin? 

Thanks for any insight, or links to policies and/or procedures I can read. 

jim

1 hour ago, Jim82Mac said:

Apologies for reviving an old thread but, I have a question about repricing. I booked a cruise on an online website (prior to finding my MEI agent) and I wanted to reprice today, but was told that I can't because it has to be in the same 5D category. I wanted to go from 5D to a 2E (obstructed balcony), which would have saved me about $225. Earlier this year I was able to go from a Studio Balcony, to a regular balcony and saved some coin without issue. But, now that I want to go down to a different balcony, they said this is not possible. They said I have to look for price drops only in 5D. Is this accurate, I can only reprice same category (5D) or price up even though I am still in a balcony cabin? 

Thanks for any insight, or links to policies and/or procedures I can read. 

jim

No, this doesn’t sound right.  Are you past your final payment date ?  That really shouldn’t matter though.  If the Agency permits repricing and you are not yet past final payment, they should be able to reprice any cabin.

38 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, this doesn’t sound right.  Are you past your final payment date ?  That really shouldn’t matter though.  If the Agency permits repricing and you are not yet past final payment, they should be able to reprice any cabin.

I’m at day 91 for a short 3night cruise. The agency is stating that RC is not allowing the reprice to the 2E cabin.