He didn't say no!

DH and I have been on 2 RC cruises, and we are taking our kids on their first in 39 days. We've been dry docked for almost 9 years, so I need to say that again...39 DAYS! I've been joking here and there since we booked (a long 9 months ago) that I'm going to book another cruise. He didn't unload the dishwasher like he said he would - I should book another cruise. Kids were in our bed all night because of nightmares - we should book another cruise. Know what will fix your cold honey? - another cruise! Etc. His mother's birthday is in February, and I've been saying we should pay for her to join us on one. You know make it a Christmas present or birthday present, and there just happens to be a 5 day on Enchantment in February that would be perfect for us. BUT, he hasn't wanted to book another until the kids go on their first, and we can be sure it's a good fit for them (DD is Autistic and has Generalized Anxiety Disorder). She's really excited though, and I'm ready to book them all!

Well, I texted him some of the new sale prices today with, "I officially lost 20 pounds, guess what I want as a reward?". He responded, "Let's call Mom and talk about it when I get home"!!! I about fell out of my chair! I was thinking I would just go buy a new pair of pants! I guess now that we are getting close and he's also getting excited that it doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Wish me luck as I try add another sailing to our calendar tonight! ?

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

BUT, he hasn't wanted to book another until the kids go on their first, and we can be sure it's a good fit for them

I love your entire post!!

With the cruise in just 39 days (YAY!) you will know soon enough if the children will sail again. So if the pricing is not prohibitive, I'd suggest you book now with a refundable deposit. If it's a go for them you can keep checking if repricing with nonfundabke works out for you during all the future "sales".

Happy sailing! I hope your children absolutely love it!

I enjoyed your post also, royal almost always has a sale (even though pricing is normally the same always - more expensive the closer you get to departure date, but only 39 days now)

I would wait though on booking another and see how the kids like it and do.  Most love cruising but some may not.  Then before its over head to next cruise and see what they can do for you.

ENJOY your cruise

We paid our deposit this morning for the February sailing! We embark on my MIL's birthday, so I win the "best daughter in law of our family" award this year. ?

BUT...I've created a monster! DH has decided that I should look into becoming a travel agent now because of my sales tactics on this cruise and price drop finding abilities on our September sailing. He's already Googled "how to become a travel agent" and was quoting franchise fees to me today. Hmmm... I wonder what kind of travel discounts I can get?