Royal Genie Question

Ne47

We just found out we have Sebastian as our genie on our upcoming cruise on Harmony - first RCCL Cruise so of course our first Genie!  Has anyone had him as their genie?  Would love both your experience and what you think he might like as a gift - if it’s helpful we are from the Boston area.  We’d love to bring him something for a gift.

We had Sebastian a few years ago on Harmony.  He is wonderful.  Very efficient and personable.  I think we brought him a Washington Nationals ball cap and jersey.  He seemed to enjoy the gift but who knows if he was just being nice.

The important thing to remember is that they have very little personal space so whatever you bring, it should be relatively small or compact.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:41 PM, Ne47 said:

We just found out we have Sebastian as our genie on our upcoming cruise on Harmony - first RCCL Cruise so of course our first Genie!  Has anyone had him as their genie?  Would love both your experience and what you think he might like as a gift - if it’s helpful we are from the Boston area.  We’d love to bring him something for a gift.

When is your sailing date on harmony? Just wondering how many days before you cruised that Sebastian reached out.

THanks, 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, Ne47 said:

Sorry if I should have started a new thread but what exactly is a Genie as far as RCCL is concerned?  I'm booked on my first cruise in May 2020 so all of this is new to me! :1_grinning:  Thank you

4 minutes ago, FrHoffard said:

Sorry if I should have started a new thread but what exactly is a Genie as far as RCCL is concerned?  I'm booked on my first cruise in May 2020 so all of this is new to me! :1_grinning:  Thank you

A royal genie is basically an "assistant" of sorts to people staying in top suites. They help plan your vacation and make sure you get the most out of you RCI cruise. 

2 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

what exactly is a Genie as far as RCCL is concerned?

Basically the Genie is a Concierge/Butler/Personal Assistant for those cruising in the Star Class suites.

If you would like to apply for that job:  https://www.britishbutlerinstitute.com/recruitment/positions/royale-genie-2019-and-beyond/

?