Booking Drink packages and show tix online

chadnipp

So me and my wife are going on our first ever Royal Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks.  We were set to go to europe later on in the year but that couldnt happen so we jumped on this weeks deal on Liberty of the seas for next to nothing.  I have been on three Carnival cruises but never royal and my question is should I book drink packages and tix to shows online. Wil carnival they dont have tix, its first come first serve, and they dont have the option of booking drink packages online either. I also plan on eating at Chops while we are on this cruise and didnt know if I should book that online as well.  Any feedback would be great.  Super excited.  Vacation just went from man its going to be a while to woo hoo its here.  hahaha

Booking online is definitely the way to go.  That way you spend less time doing it on the ship.  Plus if you book the drink package now online, you can help break up the total cruise cost now.  

I'd also recommend booking the shows online.  The more popular shows fill up fast.

ok I see.  Thanks for the info. Interestingly enough I just went on to book my tix to the shows and it says the only show you can book online tix to is the ice show.  It say that only on Allure and Oasis are the theater shows available for online tix booking and that all othr ships are first come first serve basis, which is what I was used to from my previous cruises

ok I see.  Thanks for the info. Interestingly enough I just went on to book my tix to the shows and it says the only show you can book online tix to is the ice show.  It say that only on Allure and Oasis are the theater shows available for online tix booking and that all othr ships are first come first serve basis, which is what I was used to from my previous cruises

What about Saturday Night Fever? I'd be surprised if you can't book that in advance

This is the exact quote from the website on the pre cruise planner section of the website and is also found on the cruise documentation when you try to book tix online.

"Entertainment Reservations
The gorgeous view isn't the only thing that will dazzle you onboard our cruise ships. From contemporary musical theater to Las Vegas-inspired productions, live comedy acts to amazing aquatic and ice shows-our entertainment will leave you amazed. Choose from an exciting array of complimentary onboard entertainment, designed for guests of all ages.

Please Note: Pre-reservations for our main theater, aqua, comedy and ice shows are available for Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Only ice shows are available for pre-reservations for Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas. For all other ships, see your onboard Cruise Compass for show times."

I dont know if maybe this is a new development but that seams to be how it is now.

• 7 months later...