1st day on HoS how does it work ?

I've only sailed from Southampton in the UK before and you got your seapass when checking in.

We are sailing on HoS in August from Canaveral and I've read that the cards are outside your door, this begs the question.

• what's to stop people taking your pass to access your room and also use it for a few free drinks?
  • how do I get my deluxe package free drinks without the card?

This may seem like a newbie question but I don't really want to rush to my cabin after boarding.... 

When the card is scanned to make a purchase your picture appears.  This should help with unauthorized purchases.  You can use your set sail pass to make purchases before getting your room card, or purchase a reusable WOW band for $5 at Boleros. These can be used to make purchases, open your cabin door access entertainment, etc.

40 minutes ago, GA Cruiser said:

When the card is scanned to make a purchase your picture appears.  This should help with unauthorized purchases.  You can use your sea pass to make purchases before getting your room card, or purchase a reusable WOW band for $5 at Boleros. These can be used to make purchases, open your cabin door access entertainment, etc.

But I won't have my seapass until i get to my room? This is the bit I dont get. On my previous 3 cruises as soon as I got on I went to champagne bar and bought a round of champagne either paid or on deluxe but I required my sea pass card. How does it work this time I won't have my card until i visit my room which may be a few hours later?

47 minutes ago, Morganno said:

what's to stop people taking your pass to access your room and also use it for a few free drinks?

Common decency? I mean, if you were to do it, it would not take security to verify who the idiot is and track them down. 

48 minutes ago, Morganno said:

how do I get my deluxe package free drinks without the card?

Your SetSail Pass has a barcode on it. Bartenders can use that, or retroactively charge drinks later based on your room.