Lovetocruise2002

“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sabrina, have a great trip and enjoy your Anniversary ! Envious, as we still have not made it to Symphony yet.  Cruise on !

Thanks Raye!

and don’t be jealous...your bank account is probably doing better than ours with the rates we have to pay to cruise in the summer 😔

49 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Unfortunately this was breakfast just now...

Breakfast of champions, lol. You guys have a blast.

One of our recent cruises, I had everything planned out at the airport, where we wouldn't get to the gate very much before boarding started, but then we got to the ticket counter and there was a college soccer team checking in, then security was a zoo, thank goodness for Priority access and TSA Pre-check. Plans changed and we still had time for a coffee before boarding.

11 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Safe flight! Maybe find an excuse to take a detour to La Bamba on your way to Miami. You know, just to make sure the margaritas haven't had the recipe changed. 😉 

Would love to! The only problem is that we have our luggage with us and I can’t see how it would be ok to drive it all in. I will have to find tequila elsewhere. 😉

Just now, tiny260 said:

Breakfast of champions, lol. You guys have a blast.

One of our recent cruises, I had everything planned out at the airport, where we wouldn't get to the gate very much before boarding started, but then we got to the ticket counter and there was a college soccer team checking in, then security was a zoo, thank goodness for Priority access and TSA Pre-check. Plans changed and we still had time for a coffee before boarding.

That is why we always leave way ahead of time. I still remember clearly the time we almost missed our flight because of a backup at the border. I would rather sit at the gate with time to spare.

11 minutes ago, Skid said:

Wait, why would you call a feast like that unfortunate?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

McDonalds? I'd rather rely on the chips on the plane for sustenance

McDonald’s always seems like a good idea until you are done. Then you feel gross. I would normal rely on the almonds on the plane but the next meal likely won’t be until after we check in at the Intercontinental so I needed something more substantial to hold me over😔

17 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

This is me, DW thinks it's a waste of time

Scorpios...it’s in our nature 😉

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would rather sit at the gate with time to spare.

55 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

This is me, DW thinks it's a waste of time

37 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Scorpios...it’s in our nature 😉

It's also in the nature of us Aquarians. 😁

@Lovetocruise2002, back when we were all younger (May 3, 2018) you helped me with my cabin selection for my May 2019 Symphony cruise. At the time you said "I can't believe that yet another person will sail her before me". Well, tomorrow you will be on Symphony and I'll be home.

Color me...

image.png.df3aa361a932aad9ca08a02ff91fa1de.png

Happy sailing!!

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It took us almost an hour to get 1 bag checked and to go through security. This is a process that normally takes us about 15-20min max here. Not sure if it’s just regular weekend traffic or if it’s something else but it is way busier than we are used to. 

Oh no!!! What time was your flight? We fly Delta next Saturday from Detroit to FLL. 

1 hour ago, bellemiche said:

Oh no!!! What time was your flight? We fly Delta next Saturday from Detroit to FLL. 

Our flight was 10am. We were at the airport by 7am. It was crazy town. They even sent us to the International check in counter because the line for domestic was all the way to the Westin entrance.  Then I saw areas open for TSA screening that I never even knew existed. Again, not sure if it was because it was earlier on a Friday morning, as opposed to Saturday when we usually fly out. 

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Our flight was 10am. We were at the airport by 7am. It was crazy town. They even sent us to the International check in counter because the line for domestic was all the way to the Westin entrance.  Then I saw areas open for TSA screening that I never even knew existed. Again, not sure if it was because it was earlier on a Friday morning, as opposed to Saturday when we usually fly out. 

YIKES !  I fly out of DTW every other Friday morning at 10:53 and have never seen anything even close to this !  Of course, I am in the other terminal (American Airlines, not Delta) but still !  I have Clear so I might have avoided some of that but I have just never seen that MANY people there EVER.

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Shhh.  The Westin TSA security area is a secret best not advertised on the internet.  

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Got the kids dropped off and at DTW in just a few minutes over an hour.

I flew Delta to Detroit for a wedding two Fridays ago and thought of you from your many DTW-origin live blogs! 

1 minute ago, rjac said:

Definitely the way to get the party, excuse me, CRUISE started.... n'est ce pas? :3_grin:

Yes 😊

and maybe tomorrow if I squint hard enough, I might be able to spot @twangster on Empress.  So close...😆