“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

Lovetocruise2002

5 hours ago, MamaShark said:

We had luggage valet in May, unless I’m confusing trips or terms.  I’m really counting on it for later this month on Symphony.  

Wasn’t that for Harmony in May?

They have not been approved yet for LV in Terminal A. But they did tell me that for every person who asks or gives feedback on the lack of LV, it gets logged and helps them to get approved faster. So you should definitely bring it up if they don’t have it yet by the time you go.

4 hours ago, ellcee said:

Sounds like a fantastic anniversary trip, enjoyed following along! 225 will fly once school starts again.

Ugh! Don’t say the “S” word ??

3 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I'm about half way through reading!!!   Love reading your blogs Sabrina!!!   Thanks for taking the time!!!  Jane

No problem!  Turns out I enjoy blogging and thank you for taking the time to follow while you are halfway across the world!?

2 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Thank you for taking the time to share your Anniversary cruise with us! Hope this finds you home safe & sound! I always enjoy your live reports. I find them to be honest & fair.

That’s me...call it as I see it ? and yes, we are home. About to do a Costco run so that it about as close to reality as it gets ?

2 hours ago, DanielB said:

Thank you for sharing....love the pictures and your thoughts along the way.

Going on Oasis in January 2020 and this certainly created some excitement for me.

If it's your first time on OA class, then you are in for a treat!  Oasis class ships are best and Oasis should be great after her revitalization!  We're booked on her for March 2020.  That's our next cruise.

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If it's your first time on OA class, then you are in for a treat!  Oasis class ships are best and Oasis should be great after her revitalization!  We're booked on her for March 2020.  That's our next cruise.

I was on the Allure a few years back for a work conference and really other than having dinner on the ship daily we were in meetings and a few drinks at night so we could have free time in the ports.  So yes I am considering this my first Royal cruise.  I am huge Disney Cruise fan and going on my 32nd in September this year and well they are great but the cost is just too much anymore.

3 minutes ago, DanielB said:

I am huge Disney Cruise fan and going on my 32nd in September this year and well they are great but the cost is just too much anymore.

I totally agree.  We've done 3 with DCL and even that was hard to justify.  The second the kids said they felt like they outgrew the Disney ships, we said goodbye.  You won't find me on one of those again unless my kids taking me lol.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I totally agree.  We've done 3 with DCL and even that was hard to justify.  The second the kids said they felt like they outgrew the Disney ships, we said goodbye.  You won't find me on one of those again unless my kids taking me lol.

It will be bittersweet and will probably return to try the new ships when they enter service....unless we are completely blown away with Royal.  

Great blog! Now that you're home and fully back to reality... Have a great school year! I'm back in PD now and get kids on Thursday. Trying to figure out how to fit 32 17 year olds in my room short of having them sit on the floor. Ugh. I'm in countdown mode to Spring Break as well (209 days). We have a girls' trip on Indy. 

1 hour ago, kadmgs said:

Great blog! Now that you're home and fully back to reality... Have a great school year! I'm back in PD now and get kids on Thursday. Trying to figure out how to fit 32 17 year olds in my room short of having them sit on the floor. Ugh. I'm in countdown mode to Spring Break as well (209 days). We have a girls' trip on Indy. 

Thanks!  We don't go back till after Labour Day but I'll be in my room starting next week to get things ready.  32 is a high number to start with.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I stay at 23 which is my starting count.  It's a nice relief from the last few years where I have started above 30 as well.  Your countdown is slightly better than mine.  216 days for me till Oasis.

Sabrina, I just found this one and of course read it all in one sitting!  You do an amazing job providing all of us the opportunity to share your trip!  I might just try to return the favor on our January SC cruise. The title will probably be "I'm not Sabrina but....". Thanks again for taking us along. 

31 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

Sabrina, I just found this one and of course read it all in one sitting!  You do an amazing job providing all of us the opportunity to share your trip!  I might just try to return the favor on our January SC cruise. The title will probably be "I'm not Sabrina but....". Thanks again for taking us along. 

You most definitely have to try as I will be on Oasis in March 2020, two months after you.  Hopefully in Star Class.  Hubby doesn't know what cabin I booked yet...?

• 5 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Miller Lite said:

I still like the upstairs (double) shower on Allure & Oasis. Now its just a lonely water saving shower head. I guess there must have been a lot of requests for tubs lol 

I totally agree.  As much as I love the suites on the newer ships, I cannot stand the shower with the half glass door.

42 minutes ago, Ken23 said:

@Lovetocruise2002, I am curious, do your girls (or the older one) read your live blogs when they are not on the cruise?

(BTW, great live blog.)

My older one, D13, wants nothing to do with blogs and message boards.  My younger one, D11, reads every blog and she reads the message boards regularly.  She's not signed up as a member because I won't let her but she wants to.  I'm sure she will be an Insider in no time.  It's cute.  She only 11 but she knows quite a bit about cruising and Royal.  I raised her right! lol