“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

Lovetocruise2002

Day 2: At Sea

“To play with a Symphony today is just fabulous.” - Glen Campbell

This morning started off with my usual sea day routine when on OA class, tea in the suite lounge followed by breakfast in CK...solo. ?

Suite lounge offerings this morning:

4511D829-3332-4C97-BE1C-8AB8A4E4B4BF.thumb.jpeg.98649645e85331baea1f556a51a4667b.jpeg

A521D43D-BC69-4723-B602-19884A0BF8C0.thumb.jpeg.f54b74020eafa5c2417c9dca77d4db3e.jpeg

68658AA1-B335-44B8-8D1B-5AB76926AFB1.thumb.jpeg.cde6643206539c4f9eefd3c847e7f713.jpeg

Coastal Kitchen breakfast menu. This does not rotate.

F6EE914C-9ED8-414E-B2CE-8CDAB8DA98E5.thumb.jpeg.0295766cff2878d8b00ddf8fbf7e6121.jpeg

French toast (my favourite) and fresh fruit.

9D99E957-8E8A-4002-A765-70838400510C.thumb.jpeg.caed247b01b07710d9eee583ebe4276e.jpeg

369D4A02-BB84-4AEB-BDFF-AE3C6169CC75.thumb.jpeg.12aa5928596ab0f996a7ea63630b28c4.jpeg

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We have seen Hairspray before in the past.  It was on Oasis before when she first came out. I did not really care for it then and tonight’s show has done nothing much to change my mind. 

Both Hubby and I felt that the cast was fairly weak compared to the Anthem WWRY cast that we just saw or even the Grease cast from Harmony.  And overall, that type of production is not really to our liking.  Random observation tonight, about two thirds of the way through, it was noticed that people starting walking out. I thought that only happened for Cats ?<span>

The original plan was to head over to see HIRO after Hairspray but in the end we are too tired. Decided to come back to our loft and soak up as much time as we can in it. HIRO tomorrow instead. 

Sorry you were disappointed with Hairspray. I'm a theatre fan and really enjoyed it when we saw it in March. And wow...people left?  Wonder if you saw the same cast?  I can see though it not being for everyone. And your comment makes me that much more excited for WWRY when we go on Anthem in March.  

Hiro is amazing...and so if Flight.  DD loved Flight so much we went a second time on standby.  Also, the ice show is impressive (the non-bookable one is OK...but 1977 is really good with neat effects).

On 7/23/2019 at 10:56 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thank you!

Growing up as the oldest child in the family as trained me well ?

Thanks for following along!

Happy Anniversary to you and Jack!!  Funny how all teachers have anniversaries around now.  You, @mom2mybugs, us, wonder if @Sweety does as well?

My anniversary is in April around Spring break. I will be celebrating on Navigator April 2020. I wonder if I can get Hubby credit card for 15 minutes. I wonder how many cruises can I booked.

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh god, I'd consider hiding and having to repeat the muster drill later!

Lol! We tried to hide in the corner of the Schooner bar until the alarm but they kicked us out! ?

41 minutes ago, Susie said:

@Lovetocruise2002 I know you will go to the Suite lounge for breakfast but if it is possible could you go to the Diamond lounge in the morning just for the pictures. I want to know what they have for breakfast. No suite for us, We only booked the Balcony cabin. Hope it is OK and do not interrupt your cruise. 

Will do it tomorrow ?

6 minutes ago, Sweety said:

My anniversary is in April around Spring break. I will be celebrating on Navigator April 2020. I wonder if I can get Hubby credit card for 15 minutes. I wonder how many cruises can I booked.

I love the way you think!

After JR, we ventured over to the C&A party. I was mainly there for the aqua acts (like I have seen on Harmony) but instead they had Simeon (the comedian) and the two guys on the high line.  

D9FD03AD-9F03-4614-806A-7CC9EFF88D09.thumb.jpeg.4b464096f8480a4a1fb969c0c4e3ded7.jpeg

After that we decided to wander the ship, deck by deck just because we could.  Totally enjoying the aimlessness of our day.  

In the Solarium, the drink of the day (Margarita Azul: Tequila, Blue Curacao, Triple Sec) caught my attention and I decided to try one. That is the beauty of TeamDX.  

While we wandered from deck to deck, I just wanted to point out that again, this ship does not feel crowded, even though it is a sea day. Plenty of space in the Solarium, pool deck, and suite sun deck. There are only small pockets where crowds were noticeable, for example, elevators and later at El Loco.

Lunch brought us to El Loco Fresh.  I really liked this place. Dare I even say that it was way better than Sabor?  And it is complimentary!  The only thing that I did not care for was the line to get in. We were there around 12:30pm and the line was all the way to the ice cream machine! I enjoyed the drink of the day so much that I grabbed another one to go with my lunch.

AF69EBE9-3A57-4C1E-8D19-AA2E908BBEF5.thumb.jpeg.33847487b7e60ddb4f82d98eb7314dd8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In the Solarium, the drink of the day (Margarita Azul: Tequila, Blue Curacao, Triple Sec) caught my attention and I decided to try one. That is the beauty of TeamDX.  

Lunch brought us to El Loco Fresh.  I really liked this place. Dare I even say that it was way better than Sabor?  And it is complimentary!  The only thing that I did not care for was the line to get in. We were there around 12:30pm and the line was all the way to the ice cream machine! I enjoyed the drink of the day so much that I grabbed another one to go with my lunch.

AF69EBE9-3A57-4C1E-8D19-AA2E908BBEF5.thumb.jpeg.33847487b7e60ddb4f82d98eb7314dd8.jpeg

Yay, a SharkWeek drink!  So glad you're playing along... ? 

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Glad I am unknowingly playing along too then! ?

You probably haven't been following me on periscope long enough to know; every year for Discovery Channel's Shark Week we make a shark-themed drinks.  Last year we tried a new drink each night, some were good, some did not taste good at all!  It's a lot of fun.  This year, by request, I scoped a supply list so people could play along each night.  We're making some old favorites this year, and adding a couple new ones to try.  Starts tonight! 

1 minute ago, KathyC said:

You probably haven't been following me on periscope long enough to know; every year for Discovery Channel's Shark Week we make a shark-themed drinks.  Last year we tried a new drink each night, some were good, some did not taste good at all!  It's a lot of fun.  This year, by request, I scoped a supply list so people could play along each night.  We're making some old favorites this year, and adding a couple new ones to try.  Starts tonight! 

I bet you even sing that baby shark song when y'all drink that drink ?

Cheers to a super relaxing Day 2!

092FF6A2-AD6C-494F-98D6-B7B105A65CEF.thumb.jpeg.e304a7fca6ec45f59a5562c84de0ee3b.jpeg

We spent the afternoon napping, which I never do. I think because the kids aren’t here for this one, I actually have time to do this. Another thing I was saying to Hubby was that usually it takes me a few days to totally relax on a cruise. This sailing, I was relaxed by Day 1. Not sure if that is due to the absence of children or because we just got off Anthem a few weeks ago. Either way, this is wonderful as I am hoping that by the time I leave next Saturday, I will feel that 7 nights were enough on Symphony.  Wishful thinking, I know...

Dinner and then Hiro are on the agenda for this evening.

46 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No. We debated and looked at the menu and pics. In the end, we chose Jamie’s over Hooked. 

Italian over Seafood...clearly you need to report to the medical facilities, as you've had too many lemon drop drinks and need an iv, it's effecting your food choice process? It's clearly we can't be friends ??

4 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Italian over Seafood...clearly you need to report to the medical facilities, as you've had too many lemon drop drinks an need an iv, it's effecting your food choice process? It's clearly we can't be friends ?

What can I say? The call of pasta is pretty strong, and Arancini is hard to pass up ?

The OCD part of does not like this change on Symphony, which I had heard about when she first came out last year but forgot about until now. The sea pass cards are slightly different. On the other ships that offer the Royal Suite Class program, Sky Class gets a light plum coloured card. Here on Symphony, it’s blue, like the Sea Class ones in the other ships. Minor, but it bugs me. 

836A78A9-8DDC-4DE0-BFA6-2D8B08B8A98A.thumb.jpeg.886684b800b3032f672cbec3430c1935.jpeg

Dinner in CK tonight is the same menu as the rest of the fleet. For the menu, see my Anthem (March 2018) blog as I forgot to take a pic of it tonight. I also skipped the food pics as it was the same as I had Night 2 on the most recent Anthem cruise. You can see that one too for food pics. 

Anyway, our night was more eventful than the day. 

After dinner we went to watch Hiro. Wow!  Fantastic show!!  If we took the spinning guy from Harmony out of the equation, then Hiro is most definitely our favourite!  The dancing on this show was on a whole other level!  High energy all 50 mins. Great choreography and loved the theme. For those who mentioned that they did not care for Hiro as much compared to Oasis and Allure due to less diving and more theatrics, we prefer that and Hiro did not disappoint. We might go back to see it again later this week. 

0F9307A5-2F8F-4B38-A1E7-ADF491617B54.thumb.jpeg.20815265f6ea7f683ec2ee06966e3ea2.jpeg

B0480A71-1ED7-444A-9926-F091B25E3DEA.thumb.jpeg.aa23824e95d10f3a0a0b9388caf49158.jpeg

After the show we wandered aimlessly and started missing our GC friends.  Craving a lavender tonic, we ended up at the Trellis Bar for one.  

23FD4FDF-5CCA-4EE8-9B10-849EA3DAC863.thumb.jpeg.2a8b9815009a62ee88e8b4e602707d7c.jpeg

After that we sat in Central Park to enjoy some guitar melodies. Love this part of the ship at night. 

06DBB3C4-51B0-4FC0-B538-8AF9204D5C6A.thumb.jpeg.1f480cc40590dc8fce98f3a27d7d530d.jpeg

A while later, the guitarist took a break and we wandered into Dazzles.  We usually never visit this venue. It didn’t last long as we soon realized why we never visit this venue.

Moving on we wandered to the Promenade and ended up in the Schooner Bar. The pianist this sailing, Andy C is quite good. Not Billy Pando, but I still really enjoyed him, more than the guy on Anthem recently.  We ended off the night here and decided to call it a night when young kids started jumping on the couches. 

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After that we sat in Central Park to enjoy some guitar melodies. Love this part of the ship at night.

This was my favorite part of the ship I think!  I will really miss vintages on this trip   What is a lavender tonic? Jane