“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

Lovetocruise2002

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Looking forward to following along! Can't believe you didn't start this live blog super early, as you pioneered!

Let's do a flashback...https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10299-live-back-on-brilliance-baby-brilliance-of-the-seas-february-14-18-2019/

6 weeks early! ?

1 hour ago, Oreocruiser said:

Happy anniversary! We're boarding Ovation on the 26th, so I'm sad I won't be able to follow along. However, knowing how fun your live blogs are, I'm looking forward to reading about your Symphony experience when I get back! Especially with all the packing for college I have ahead of me. 

Thank you.  Looking forward to having you join in whenever you get the chance.  Enjoy Ovation!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I know right?   She has a 2021 cruise booked and already started that one   

Nah...I'm holding out for a triple blog on that one..me, you and @Matt ?

7 hours ago, DDaley said:

Can't wait to follow along. You guys are suite-loving-husband-and-wife goals! Happy Anniversary! 

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well...to be fair...that might just be me lol. 

Hubby did just tell @Matt two weeks ago that he can stay and eat anywhere. 

But after 17 years, you know, Happy wife=happy life ?  All jokes aside, we are richly blessed.  I never take it for granted.

You are me and your husband is more or less my wife. JS last year and she's fine with a regular Balcony room; meanwhile, I'm still trying to get us into a JS again just so I can enjoy CK! ? But even I have to face the reality that the balcony room really is likely the best we can do unless something opens up last minute for a really reasonable rate (which doesn't seem to happen on Anthem).

Have a fantastic 17th anniversary and cruise! Hope you get lots of enjoyable "just us" time, and plenty of empty loungers to enjoy the pool deck! And please, forego a Periscope or two if you can get some quality time with hubby!

28 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Have a fantastic 17th anniversary and cruise! Hope you get lots of enjoyable "just us" time, and plenty of empty loungers to enjoy the pool deck! And please, forego a Periscope or two if you can get some quality time with hubby!

Thanks Joe!  That’s the idea. We have been looking forward to this cruise for so long.

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

So wait.  I’m confused. It sounds like you are married to Hubster.  Maybe it’s the drink package on Empress.  Or is there more going on?   Confused.  

#toomanydrinksinthediamondlounge ?

Does Empress even have one of those??

18 minutes ago, Ken23 said:

Happy Happy 17th Anniversary...hope you (and the Mongolian King) have a fantastic trip.

Thanks Ken! It will be a way more quiet sailing that’s for sure!

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Can you check your vault for what it says about renting the Beachfront and OTW cabanas?  Did it always say for Star Class?  I checked mine but this was the first time I noticed that wording.

Checked my vault... email from Harmony May 2018

SmartSelect_20190724-005659_Gmail-523x678.jpg.e555daa8e98a751cea8e1a7d76c325f9.jpg

Notice any mention of the OTW and Waterfront/beach is missing.

10 hours ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002 @hayley_bopp @Boston Babe and I think maybe, although he didn't say it here, @JohnK6404 in June? And I'll include myself for August!

FlashyWideeyedCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif.82d33fa3d20bed92e5d9bef13af3982a.gif

Truly sorry if I missed anyone.

Oh yes...following!

Me in 4 days...we will get on vision the next day!!  Jane

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Which ship are you sailing this time?  I'm already thinking ahead to next July! lol

We're trying P&O this year. 14 night Med cruise from Southampton. 

Nothing wrong with planning ahead. Im trying to plan how we can fit a cruise in around the other travel plans we've got for next year ?

6 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Happy anniversary @Lovetocruise2002 And have an amazing cruise!!!    I am waiting for prices to drop and then we are definitely trying symphony!!  Jane

Thank you!  I too am waiting for prices to drop so I can bring my kids on. 

1 hour ago, mbk999 said:

I'm a bit late to the party but Happy Anniversary and enjoy your cruise!  We did the same run on the Allure for our 25th back in October

Thank you. We've done this run a few times and for that I am thankful.  This way we don't feel as much pressure to "go see" things and feel less guilty about staying on board.

39 minutes ago, marcg125 said:

Will be on Symphony the morning you return to Miami. I am also happy it is just my wife and I with no kids (even though there will be thousands of other kids on my sailing).

Cruises without kids are definitely ones to look forward to.  And you can tune out all the other kids lol.

3 Days out...

Nothing new to really report today other than one small thing I forgot about in yesterday's post about the concierge email. 

The two concierges on SY (Jenny and Jackie) have been absolutely fantastic pre-cruise!  I haven't had a ton of experience with suite concierges but the ones I have had in the past were quite slow to respond and it was way easier dealing with them in person rather than through email. 

With Jenny and Jackie, I was already impressed by how early the initial email came out (9 days prior).  I received the email around 11:30 am last week and after trading several emails back and forth and I had PDFs of menus and dining reservations all within an hour!  These two are solid and efficient and fast!  Over the next few days, I had some other small questions and request and their responses have been quick and right on the mark. 

The one that impressed me the most was from last week, while tuning into @Matt's Friday scope, another viewer had asked if Royal stopped complimentary MDR delivery for Sky class.  I knew that this viewer was a regular periscoper and she has experience in Sky class so I made it a point to try to find out more of what she was asking.  I re-read my email from Jenny and Jackie and there was no mention of complimentary MDR delivery so I figured it might be good to ask.  By the time I emailed them, it was almost midnight.  I thought for sure I would probably not hear back from them until late Saturday evening or even Sunday as Saturday is turnaround day and is super hectic for all crew members. 

I had a response by the time I woke up Saturday morning.  The time stamp on the email was 7:04 am.  I cannot wait to meet these two in person.  Not sure why but I love efficiency! lol @MamaShark more evidence that you might be in good hands in August.  I'll keep you posted on how the rest of the week goes.

On the agenda today is the usual "two days out" from leaving stuff...Everything is packed.  Just toiletries remain.  This proves to be more of a challenge this time as it's just Hubby and I.  That translates to only 2 quart-size bags for carry on luggage!  I usually take 3 as D10 and Hubby don't need one.  Need to find a way to squeeze 3 into 2.  Ah, the struggles of a product junkie...

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This way we don't feel as much pressure to "go see" things and feel less guilty about staying on board.

My Disney Park philosophy for next week.  Make sure we see the new (to us) attractions but if we miss one of our traditional attractions, so be it.   It's a lot less stress.  

52 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Cruises without kids are definitely ones to look forward to.  And you can tune out all the other kids lol.

I won't go so far as saying better, but it's a different experience.  Less stress and you can avoid/tune out kids (and other adults) if you want to.  As a semi-recent empty nester, I'm not sure what all the angst is about empty nesting, seems pretty good to me....

3 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

I am following closely-my first Sky Class sailing is on Harmony in 18 days in a Grand Suite-not 17th deck, but I'm still thrilled.  I am curious about the answer to your query on MDR room service.  Is it still an option?

Thanks and have a great trip.  

Yes sorry. I totally forgot to answer that! The answer is yes, it is still complimentary with Sky class. 

Warning! A GS is how we got started with suite life. You sort of know how it went from there ? It’s the best!

1 hour ago, mbk999 said:

I won't go so far as saying better, but it's a different experience.  Less stress and you can avoid/tune out kids (and other adults) if you want to.  As a semi-recent empty nester, I'm not sure what all the angst is about empty nesting, seems pretty good to me....

My parents are soon-to-be empty nesters and they're already planning the vacations that can take in the months I would normally be in school. I can imagine their wallets will be happier...

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

JS last year and she's fine with a regular Balcony room; meanwhile, I'm still trying to get us into a JS again just so I can enjoy CK!

Snagged a 30% off JS for my first adult cruise next month but it's only on Freedom! I am realizing I gotta get onto a bigger ship to try this illusive CK.

I worry that once I work my way up to Sky and Star Class there will be no thoughts of sailing in a skinny mini cabin ever again. The Mint full recline beds on Jet Blue certainly ruined regular first class, let alone coach! 

34 minutes ago, Oreocruiser said:

My parents are soon-to-be empty nesters and they're already planning the vacations that can take in the months I would normally be in school. I can imagine their wallets will be happier...

Forget "soon to be"!  I am about 10 years out from "empty nesting" and retirement and I already have a ton of ideas on my bucket list. ?

23 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I am realizing I gotta get onto a bigger ship to try this illusive CK.

I worry that once I work my way up to Sky and Star Class there will be no thoughts of sailing in a skinny mini cabin ever again. The Mint full recline beds on Jet Blue certainly ruined regular first class, let alone coach! 

Yes you do!  #teamCK

And you are 100% correct, once you go up, it is so hard to go back...

While Royal is usually pretty good on social media, today they were not. Curious as to who the entertainers would be on our sailing, I contacted them to ask.  Here is our conversation on FB messenger. ?

24E086BE-76E1-4115-86EB-4E917223934E.thumb.jpeg.6bcfb7620f2bb6922c5985575aaf9b90.jpeg

C35F7C05-67B1-4F19-8500-7844A923D730.thumb.jpeg.934df797e5688ff8eb4ebede180c39be.jpeg

97A7A000-B9D3-4F07-9F4C-45C34283B55A.jpeg.4bf83a464a8067fb719ee3db30c99899.jpeg

Annoying...

I decided I would try another path and contact the entertainment department through email as many have done before. Half and hour. That’s all it took. Way better response. 

3AFF48EE-8565-4337-9969-9A17706DB09D.thumb.jpeg.97c8aeb2c2ea829ccae1eda94dc7d7f5.jpeg

Another example of confused reps and taking another path when you don’t the the result of the first.