sea pass

10 minutes ago, Kel Kel said:

Does the sea pass card come with a case/holder? To clip on a lanyard

No, but they are available for purchase on the ship, while waiting to get on the ship (at Port Canaveral), or through Amazson.com and other sites.  I recycle the badge holders my son got on Adventure Ocean, and now I buy one of the larger, phone-sized holders that are waterproof (for beach days).

The new ships have proximity readers, so you don't punch a hole in the card, you use a lanyard with a plastic sleeve. On the older ships you can have the card punched, which is often done for kids.

If you just want sleeves, Wal-Mart and other stores have the soft plastic types in packages of 10 or so.  They can tear more easily than the hard plastic sleeves (my experience).

Have a great cruise!

21 minutes ago, packercruising said:

No. If you want to attach it to a lanyard, you can take it it Guest Services and they will punch a hole in it for you. I just keep it in a pocket.

We were on Anthem and they won't punch since the pass is "chipped". Older ships may punch, new ones won't.

5 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

We keep them in our pocket and have not lost one in 20 plus years.  Wearing them around your neck in port makes you stand out as a tourist.  Rather not give that impression  out.  

My son came off the ship with 13 passes .

On our 14 night med cruise there wasn't one stop where we didn't  have to go to CS to get yet another pass that would let him off the ship. Each new pass cancelled the old one lol

10 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

We keep them in our pocket and have not lost one in 20 plus years.  Wearing them around your neck in port makes you stand out as a tourist.  Rather not give that impression  out.  

Yes, it is important to take security seriously when you get off the ship.  I wear a lanyard on the ship and on the private islands, but in a foreign port I protect key documents differently.  Also, the clothes we wear in a foreign port can make a difference.

23 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Same here. We just carry them in a small travel wallet with some cash, ID cards and a cc card when getting off the ship. I find the lanyards cumbersome.