Snorkeling Labradee, San Juan or St. Marteen

Angelfish131

28 minutes ago, Angelfish131 said:

Cruising in March and I love to snorkel but I can’t convince the family to snorkel at all 3 stops.  Any thoughts on which ones are the best to see lots of marine life? Can you snorkel off the beach in Labradee? 

I have snorkeled off the beach at Labadee (2017), but there were fewer fish than at Coco Cay (2017 & 2019).     I would check to see if a boat excursion is available to get you to a natural reef.

Other members have written about St. Maarten -- there is supposed to be a great island nearby.

I believe St. Maarten is the better port to snorkel. I did the Rhino Rider Adventure back in December and we drove 2 person motor boats to a snorkel spot. The water wasn't the clearest, but the overall excursion and experience was great. I know Royal Caribbean has lots of snorkeling excursion options for St. Maarten.

I consider San Juan more of a historical port and usually walk around the streets.

I always bring my own snorkel (full face mask on Amazon) with me. Labadee had some cloudy water, but I didn't go to a specific area to snorkel. However, you wouldn't have to worry about it taking up your whole day or a large chunk of it as opposed to an excursion on a different island.