Found an item

LarryR

I was on the Anthem of the seas in July 2019. I was in cabin 11280. I found an item. I don't want to give to the staff because they told me if they don't find the owner they throw the item out which is hard to believe. I believe they would end up keeping. If you lost an item, please email me at [email protected] and describe it in detail and I will make sure you get your item back.

Um, the odds of the occupant of a specific room on a specific cruise seeing this post on a website made by and for fans of Royal Caribbean is really really small.  Even if you post this on all of Royal Caribbean's actual social media accounts (facebook, twitter, etc), I would say you have almost no chance of finding the owner.  If you really wanted to return it, the time and place was on the ship.

Hi LarryR - post on all the boards that you want but Royal is your best shot. They know who the customer was that was in the room the cruise before yours. Assuming it's of value, like jewelery, I would reach out to customer service and see if someone has been looking for it. If it's a $20 item the owner probably has written it off and you will.... throw it out. 

I called ROYAL Caribbean and the lady said if they don't get it to the owner they throw it out. I think that's not the case and someone on their end would keep it. I just don't trust their system. I am going to keep trying to find the owner. It is not an expensive item, but still want to try and reach out.

LarryR--

that is so kind of you!  Kudos to you for trying to locate the "owner."  I would suggest that you "encrypt" your email address (by typing out the word "at" for the @ symbol) and perhaps disguising the "2," especially if you put your post on a more public board or an open social media site such as FB or other.  I think putting the Cabin # in is great, as that's the first search term I would use if I was looking for something I lost.  You could also look at the Roll Call for the previous cruise, if there is one.

22 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

LarryR--

that is so kind of you!  Kudos to you for trying to locate the "owner."  I would suggest that you "encrypt" your email address (by typing out the word "at" for the @ symbol) and perhaps disguising the "2," especially if you put your post on a more public board or an open social media site such as FB or other.  I think putting the Cabin # in is great, as that's the first search term I would use if I was looking for something I lost.  You could also look at the Roll Call for the previous cruise, if there is one.

Thanks for the advise.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, fonemanbob said:

We were on a cruise last year and the wife forgot to empty one drawer. We filed a lost item claim.. Never got the stuff back. They throw out or keep most everything.  Good luck finding the passenger.  Have to give you a lot of credit.  

While waiting to disembark one cruise, I looked down and saw a dumpster on the pier filled with several women's dresses still on the wire hangers and in dry cleaning bags.  I was amazed that someone would leave their clothes on the ship and the ship would just throw them away.