Grand Suite & Refreshment Package?

KimS

Trying to figure out if we get water each day with the Grand Suite, also if the Refreshment package is worth it? Know the all drinking package isn’t, would have to drink a lot  of alcohol each day to be worth it. Not sure if the water comes with the suite though.  Prob nay have a few sodas a day, I’m fine with lemonade or ice tea if the waters good! Don’t wanna go to the Concierge lounge every time we want  drinks, soda, water...... ?

Thanks ❣️

KimS

If memory serves me correctly, there's probably two large Evian bottles in your room, but that's about it. You don't get unlimited bottled water with the suite.

9 minutes ago, KimS said:

if the Refreshment package is worth it?

It can be worth it, but it requires you to drink enough.

If all you really want is bottled water, keep in mind you can bring up to 12 bottles of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. water) on the cruise. In addition, you can purchase a case of Evian water before the cruise to be delivered. Check the Cruise Planner for this option.

Being in a grand suite  have access to cocktail hour each evening in the suite lounge you may be able to take a can of soda or bottled water back to room with you for later in the day.  You may want to factor that into your decision regarding the refreshment package. I am booked in the suite but also have the deluxe beverage package so I’m not limited to where, when and what beverages I can enjoy during my trip.

There are a couple of bottles of water in the suite to start with but nothing after that.

I buy the refreshment package specifically for bottle water, every time I pass a bar and I'm heading back to the room I grab 2 bottles of water and then keep them in the cooler for later and then you also have them for shore excursions. I also usually get a specialty coffee every day and 1-2 sodas, maybe a mocktail on sea days, I figure if for no other reason it pays for it self for the convenience and not worrying about the cost. 

IMO, it is most definitely worth it. 

Like others have mentioned already, you get 1-2 bottles of complimentary Evian.  The suite lounge has complimentary bottled water during happy hour (4:30pm-8pm or so) but depending on where your GS is, it could be a bit of a walk. 

Typically the refreshment is $20/day.  If you purchase water by the bottle, it's $3.  I don't know about you, but I always go through more than 6 bottles in one day.  That alone breaks even on the refreshment package.  On top of that, you would have specialty coffee, juices, smoothies (depending on which ship you are on) non-alcoholic drinks, soda, all covered with that package.  

10 hours ago, Matt said:

If memory serves me correctly, there's probably two large Evian bottles in your room, but that's about it. You don't get unlimited bottled water with the suite.

It can be worth it, but it requires you to drink enough.

If all you really want is bottled water, keep in mind you can bring up to 12 bottles of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. water) on the cruise. In addition, you can purchase a case of Evian water before the cruise to be delivered. Check the Cruise Planner for this option.

Thanks Matt!

We don't really drink that much water & if it's ok in the dinning room, lol……figuring if the water in the lemonade & tea are, then guess  we'll stick with that.  And prob. won't add up to whatever we're drinking!  But, I do get where people like the convenience. That's where I'll be cheap & the hubby will say go ahead & get package! He did figure the one with alcohol would be more than we normally would drink, but I may have to get it, lol….. He keeps saying geese, we paid for the suite, think we can afford the convenience! But He's not on the blog, Hehe!!!! ?  

Thanks again,

KimS

That is drink package APP is SO Cool❣️  ? Thanks, doesn't look like it's worth is, but gonea recalculate!  I can click on it & it comes up on here.( My Large laptop )  Would love to get this APP on phone - will try to see if I can……..just copied on phone, thanks!

Thanks again,

KimS

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

Is there actually bottled water available for the $2.00 it has in the calculator? I’d assume they priced it like the sodas. 

I guess that number was just plugged in for example.

1 hour ago, KimS said:

That is SO Cool❣️  ? Thanks, doesn't look like it's worth is, but gonea recalculate!  I can click on it & it comes up on here.( My Large laptop )  Would love to get this APP on phone - will try to see if I can……..just  tried to copy but it wouldn't let me. ? lol…...

Thanks again,

KimS

Try this. It should open in your browser and the bookmark it (add to your favorites).

https://connect.calcapp.net/?app=9tts3#/

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Nope. It’s $3/bottle. I made it a point to ask on Anthem two weeks ago. 

Thanks.

Are you packed yet? Hehe. I have only a little while till October on Navigator, but still jealous and in love with Symphony. Have a GREAT time. Safe travels. Can't believe you didn't start your live blog yet!!

7 minutes ago, Skid said:

I guess that number was just plugged in for example.

Try this. It should open in your browser and the bookmark it (add to your favorites).

https://connect.calcapp.net/?app=9tts3#/

Thanks.

Are you packed yet? Hehe. I have only a little while till October on Navigator, but still jealous and in love with Symphony. Have a GREAT time. Safe travels. Can't believe you didn't start your live blog yet!!

Yep, It Worked!! Thanks❣️? Lol, We go in Aug….. but used to TAUCK small land tours, haven't done a cruise in soooo long!  We did Alaska, Jamaica, Tahiti & the Virgin Islands yrs ago.

I was joking with the hubby about doing the video while on there, he just growled, lol! ?I take way to many pics & videos…. but geese I gotta take them on here! Gosh, I know I've been watching all those live blogs they look so fun! But I'm not Into rock climbing or zip lining, lol….. but  ya never know! ?

11 hours ago, Skid said:

Sheesh...a girl can't get a break around here!  Start early and I don't here the end of it from @Matt.  Start late, and now you!  ??

Symphony live blog coming to a message boards near you soon...

We get the refreshment package for the water and soda  and fresh o.j. and the specialty coffee drinks at least twice a day.  We grab waters every time we get  something. And Powerade as well. It literally pays for itself in no time especially if it is purchased on sale.   You are correct that the deluxe is not worth it. We get cocktails and wine but nowhere near enough to come to the price of the deluxe package. 

9 minutes ago, fonemanbob said:

We get the refreshment package for the water and soda  and fresh o.j. and the specialty coffee drinks at least twice a day.  We grab waters every time we get  something. And Powerade as well. It literally pays for itself in no time especially if it is purchased on sale.   You are correct that the deluxe is not worth it. We get cocktails and wine but nowhere near enough to come to the price of the deluxe package. 

same here...amen.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:51 AM, fonemanbob said:

Thanks! I had the refreshment Package, then deleted it, thinking since the suite lounge would offer us enough drinks , & while figured we’d have lemonade or ice tea during the day with prob a few drinks. 

Shoot maybe I’ll get it just so I don’t have to worry about it!  But, do think the cruise lines count on that so they end up with more of your money! Hmnnn .....it does sound convenient though‼️

Thanks!

KimS

4 hours ago, HawkeyeFan said:

In the Grand Suite on the Harmony we were able to get a bottle (or more) of water any time the Suite Lounge was open.  They did not limit us.  The Suite Lounge is open at least 11-11.  You could get a can of soda also.  We would put extra in the refrigerator in the room.

Did ya go back to the lounge during the day though to get stuff to drink?  And just have it in your room for later. I was kinda thinking that except when so far away from the lounge or room. 

Thanks!

KimS

On 7/23/2019 at 9:46 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sheesh...a girl can't get a break around here!  Start early and I don't here the end of it from @Matt.  Start late, and now you!  ??

Symphony live blog coming to a message boards near you soon...

Oh Lordy!!! We go Aug 17th & as usual I put off packing til later! ?? I figured just throw some jeans, shirts for both of us, got bathing suits ready, put in a couple of long sleeves for him & a dress for the anniversary, lol.....then black pants & nice tops for nights. 

Only thing I didn’t get was tie sneakers—thinking we “might “ use the gym to work off food! This is coming from the 2 people who never exercise though‼️ We just to a little walking in slip on sketchers ! ? ?

KimS

• 3 weeks later...

When you get your welcome email from your concierge, ask them if you couldn't please have 12 bottles of water, of your choosing. When last we sailed on Radiance in an Owner's Suite, we asked for 12 bottles of Pellegrino to tide us over for the trip. They were more than happy to provide that in our room upon embarkation day. The bottles were on our  dining table when we entered our suite.  Granted, we did have the refreshment package, so I don't know if that was the concierge being the concierge or if that was the concierge providing in advance a benefit other refreshment package. Either way, I don't think it would hurt to ask your concierge when you received their email.

Lol, boy I planned on that for sure!! 

PS.....Do you tip them each day? Or end of cruise?? We’ve been doing these land tours for so long it’s all changed!!

Also, the officers reception they’re having, not sure whether the hubby should wear a jacket? I’ll prob wear a dress though. 

Thanjs❣️❣️

KimS

59 minutes ago, KimS said:

Lol, boy I planned on that for sure!! 

PS.....Do you tip them each day? Or end of cruise?? We’ve been doing these land tours for so long it’s all changed!!

Also, the officers reception they’re having, not sure whether the hubby should wear a jacket? I’ll prob wear a dress though. 

Thanjs❣️❣️

KimS

Typically people tip the concierges at the end of the cruise. Some also tip a bit at the beginning and then more towards the end. It really is a personal choice and there is no right or wrong way to do it.

Thanks SO much, we’re clueless when it comes to tipping the concierge. Was thinking hand them each a $10, or $20 for one after I see them with the decorations being up??? Does that sound like a crazy amount in the beginning ?  I really appreciated all the help❣️ Then tip the cleaning person maybe a few to $5 a day? Prob will ask the silly question on the board too!  

Editing! Lol, we are aware they all do get an automatic tip, that’s why I’m confused! ?

Thanks again as always ❣️❣️

KimS

7 hours ago, KimS said:

Thanks SO much, we’re clueless when it comes to tipping the concierge. Was thinking hand them each a $10, or $20 for one after I see them with the decorations being up??? Does that sound like a crazy amount in the beginning ?  I really appreciated all the help❣️ Then tip the cleaning person maybe a few to $5 a day? Prob will ask the silly question on the board too!  

Again, you are going to get a variety of answers here because tipping extra (on top of auto gratuities) is such a personal choice.  Add to that mix is that not everyone makes the same level of requests from concierges and stateroom attendants.  Some ask for more than others.  And even that varies by cruise.  For myself, there have been sailings where I really did not need much help of any kind whatsoever and then some where things have come up.

IMO, tip what feels right to you.  And if you are already paying auto gratuities, then you should be tipping for service that you feel is above and beyond.  There "technically" is not a need to tip extra on top of that.  The only ones that don't fall into this category are Genies and concierges (I am not sure if they are included in auto grats?).

Now, that makes sense!! ??  Everyone’s different & really does depend on if you’re really using their service to a higher degree. 

Feel like with the Anniversary decor already above, & will play it by ear with the concierges & maid attendant. 

Thanks❣️ 4 More Days!! ❤️

KimS