Drinks package

Wine by the glass is available in MDR and specialty restaurants (usually a separate menu to look over). Same rules apply regarding deluxe beverage package (usually up to $12 or $13/glass included in drink package... If it’s more, you pay the difference plus gratuity). We had wine every evening in the MDR and during our lunches in the specialty restaurants (we were on Allure in May).

Just a side note. If you find a wine you really like on a particular restaurant’s menu, but it doesn’t appear in another restaurant, just ask the waiter and they will likely have someone run over to the restaurant that has your preference and make it available for your meal. We had found a wine we all enjoyed (Andrew Peace Cabernet Sauvignon... also covered by DBP at $13/glass) in Chops Grille which was available in the MDR too, but not on the menu at Giovanni’s Table. Our waiter had someone walk over to Chops and grab a bottle or two for us so we could enjoy it with our lunch!

6 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Wine by the glass is available in MDR and specialty restaurants (usually a separate menu to look over). Same rules apply regarding deluxe beverage package (usually up to $12 or $13/glass included in drink package... if it’s more, you pay the difference plus gratuity). We had wine every evening in the MDR and during our lunches in the specialty restaurants (we were on Allure in May).

Just a side note. If you find a wine you really like on a particular restaurant’s menu, but it doesn’t appear in another restaurant, just ask the waiter and they will likely have someone run over to the restaurant that has your preference and make it available for your meal. We had found a wine we all enjoyed (Andrew Peace Cabernet Sauvignon... also covered by DBP at $13/glass) in Chops Grille which was available in the MDR too, but not on the menu at Giovanni’s Table. Our waiter had someone walk over to Chops and grab a bottle or two for us so we could enjoy it with our lunch!

The bartender at schooner bar on majesty did this as well when the dining room carried the Oberon I liked, and schooner didn't have it.  Then I was able to stop in on the way to dinner and grab an extra glass.  

It was cheaper to get it by the glass and pay the extra $2 and gratituity than it was to buy the whole bottle and I appreciated him telling me this and pouring pretty nice servings!!!   Jane

On 7/21/2019 at 5:49 PM, JohnK6404 said:

Thanks for this tip, I really enjoyed a wine in Giovanni's that I could not get elsewhere on the ship.  Now I know to request it.

20 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'm not sure if they can always accommodate a special request, but it certainly can't hurt to ask! ☺️

Hooked went and found a wine that my mother wanted on Symphony..so you never know unless you ask!

Also on Anthem in Wonderland they were out of a particular wine that was covered under the drink package, so they offered an alternative that didn't even have a per glass price on the menu and let us have it instead.

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Hooked went and found a wine that my mother wanted on Symphony..so you never know unless you ask!

Also on Anthem in Wonderland they were out of a particular wine that was covered under the drink package, so they offered an alternative that didn't even have a per glass price on the menu and let us have it instead.

Wait, you got a bar menu at Wonderland? We were offered no such thing on our Anthem sailing last year! ?