Older ships

Allen2

Ran across an old souvenir cup, listing ships:  Song of Norway, Nordic Prince, Sun Viking, Song of America, Sovereign of the Seas, Viking Serenade, Nordic Empress, Monarch of the Seas, and Majesty of the Seas.  Great memories from most of these ships.  Any stories from the "past"?  We started cruising while sharing my best friend's honeymoon!

I’ll be on Majesty on Monday. This is my second time on that ship. I love the 7th floor promenade that encircles the entire ship. A shady spot to enjoy watching people strolling by, the ocean breeze and view. I know they have her going out of Nola next year, but I anticipate that she will be reassigned to a sister cruise line soon.

6 minutes ago, Cobwebber said:

I’ll be on Majesty on Monday. This is my second time on that ship. I love the 7th floor promenade that encircles the entire ship. A shady spot to enjoy watching people strolling by, the ocean breeze and view. I know they have her going out of Nola next year, but I anticipate that she will be reassigned to a sister cruise line soon.

Royal has stated that Majesty will remain in NOLA offering "year round cruises".  Bookings through April 2021 are supposed to open up next week.

I'm not so certain she will be transferred this time around, not yet.  

Song of Norway in March 1990. I was 12 and my entire family (4 of us) squeezed into a tiny interior cabin. Lesson learned and all my cruises in my adult life have had a cabin with a balcony, lol. 

My bestie and I just sailed on Majesty a couple of weeks ago - cruise to Cuba that was never meant to be. Loved the ship and its crew. ?

1 hour ago, BunnyHutt said:

Song of Norway in March 1990. I was 12 and my entire family (4 of us) squeezed into a tiny interior cabin. Lesson learned and all my cruises in my adult life have had a cabin with a balcony, lol. 

My bestie and I just sailed on Majesty a couple of weeks ago - cruise to Cuba that was never meant to be. Loved the ship and its crew. ?

I totally agree... The weather was awful and Nassau wasn't Cuba but the service was absolutely amazing and the mdr/windjammer were the best I've had in a while! Jane