Bed toppers

Any of the cruise ships, you can ask for a mattress topper as soon as you meet your room attendant.  I find any newer ship the beds are really firm and the older ones dip in the middle ?  Some ships its a egg foam mattress topper but on Anthem last week it was a nice cooling mattress topper.  

Dont forget you can also ask for a fan for your room - for all of you that need noise to sleep or moving air.

Thanks Annette for the information.  I am traveling with my teenaged daughter who is autistic (high functioning) and getting to sleep can be difficult for her.  Her bed a home is soft so trying to get used to a hard bed could be a challenge and we have enough challenges as it is....

Matt, love your sense of humour.  I won’t survive without laughing at things that come my way so thanks for adding levity to the situation.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:44 PM, AnnetteJackson said:

Any of the cruise ships, you can ask for a mattress topper as soon as you meet your room attendant.  I find any newer ship the beds are really firm and the older ones dip in the middle ?  Some ships its a egg foam mattress topper but on Anthem last week it was a nice cooling mattress topper.  

Dont forget you can also ask for a fan for your room - for all of you that need noise to sleep or moving air.

Hi Annette,

I asked Matt about the 'cooling topper' on his Periscope -  he had no idea what I was talking about.  I find the cabin way too hot to sleep (68 is NOT a/c! LOL)  We are going on Oasis after dry dock - do you know if they will have these cooling toppers?  We've booked through MEI and I've already talked to Michelle about a fan ?  Thanks for any help!

Pam

Haven't cruised on Oasis, but our experience on two other ships were extremely hard beds. As a result, we brought our own topper on our last cruise. I bought an extra large space saver bag on Amazon that came with a travel pump. We folded up our queen sized topper from our guest bed and then packed it into the space saver bag. The pump worked surprisingly well. We packed the bag in the bottom of our large suitcase. It was a lifesaver as my back cannot handle the firmness of RCL beds. I've read that requesting a topper from the stateroom attendant will only result in extra duvet covers used as they no longer use the foam ones due to hygiene issues, ie they can't be washed. We tried the duvet cover method on a previous cruise and it was still not enough. I highly recommend bringing one yourself if your daughter needs it to be comfortable. Even just a twin for her side of the bed may take up less space in your luggage. 

This is the bag we used...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015QO8H1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, Blulady said:

Hi Annette,

I asked Matt about the 'cooling topper' on his Periscope -  he had no idea what I was talking about.  I find the cabin way too hot to sleep (68 is NOT a/c! LOL)  We are going on Oasis after dry dock - do you know if they will have these cooling toppers?  We've booked through MEI and I've already talked to Michelle about a fan ?  Thanks for any help!

Pam

Hey there!

Ask for a fan as soon as you meet your attendant at the room.  All ships have different toppers sometimes its an egg crate, sometimes its the nice foam ones.  It depends on the ship and to be honest, it can depend on who gets them first on the ship.  I have seen both types on one ship.  No way to get this prior to getting on the ship

4 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Hey there!

Ask for a fan as soon as you meet your attendant at the room.  All ships have different toppers sometimes its an egg crate, sometimes its the nice foam ones.  It depends on the ship and to be honest, it can depend on who gets them first on the ship.  I have seen both types on one ship.  No way to get this prior to getting on the ship

Hi Annette!  

Thanks so much for responding ?  I will do exactly as you said and ask our attendant asap!  I was SO hoping when you said "cooling" toppers that there was something new that would make me cooler for sleep!  Bummer!  LOL  Thanks again!