Anthem OTS July 13-18 Not so Live

rjac

Didn't bring my laptop so I couldn't do a live blog and my sausage fingers don't work so well on my smart phone. The Anthem was FANTASTIC and so was Bermuda. For those of you who have cruised her, you know what I mean. The 270 was a mind blower! Twangster was on point when he recommended getting something for breakfast or lunch at the 270 Cafe and eating in the 270 and enjoy the view. By the way, the Kummelweck sandwiches in the 270 Cafe were to die for! We did the Silent Disco there one night and saw Spectra's Cabaret twice, what a show. I wanted to meet the tech guy that ran the show before it began  (Cush) but he wasn't there yet. But I did meet his assistant. Nice young man who graduated form the University of Vermont this year and has only been on the job for 4 weeks. I asked him how he liked it and he almost broke his face smiling! We had a junior suite (our first time) and it was nice, especially with a full bathroom and a half bathroom. Junior Suites from now on! We had dinner in the MDR Grande and the Coastal Kitchen, breakfast in the Solarium and lunch in the 270 (did I mention those fantastic Kummelweck sandwiches?). The first night when the head waiter came to our table I asked why there weren't any savory bite briskets and she told us that the bakers on all the Royal ships don't do those anymore because a lot of people didn't eat them. But, she said i we would like some she would talk to the baker and viola, every night we had them, even in the CK! We had the key and it worked like magic. Talk about dirty looks when we disembarked on the 18th with the Key guide and cut in front of line! Oh well....Will we do the key again, absolutely. Only complaint we had was about the Solarium. Very hot, even on cruise days. Could not open any windows. Explanation was after the the storm the Anthem went through in 2016 Royal decided to keep the Solarium windows locked shut. Apparently the ship took on a lot of water during that storm though the open windows which caused a lot of flooding and damage. Well, now Royal has their own meteorologist and it would seem to me that he could warn the Anthem about an approaching storm with enough time for them to "batten the hatches". Oh yeah, we went to Vintages for a Margarita and were told they didn't have ANY Tequila left. Seems as though a group from the previous 9 day cruise consumed all they had. Wonder who that was? :3_grin:

PS - This cruise pushed us over the 80 points and we are now Diamond level!!!!!

Congrats on Diamond!  Welcome to the cook club, LOL.  

Don't get used to the full + half bath in the junior suite.  Not all JS's are alike, depending on the ship.  My huge walk-in closet on Adventure was totally MIA on Grandeur.  Never had one with the 1.5 baths!! 

1 hour ago, rjac said:

By the way, the Kummelweck sandwiches in the 270 Cafe were to die for!

For some reason, they are way better on Anthem than other ships.  Or maybe it's in my head?

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Junior Suites from now on!

Welcome to the "Suite Snob" club! lol

1 hour ago, rjac said:

The first night when the head waiter came to our table

Please tell me you ate in CK on night 1....

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Oh yeah, we went to Vintages for a Margarita and were told they didn't have ANY Tequila left. Seems as though a group from the previous 9 day cruise consumed all they had. Wonder who that was?

It was @Matt  ?

19 minutes ago, rjac said:

Sorry Sabrina, CK on night 2. It was formal night. Honestly, we were happy with both. The food and service was great in both and we liked the decor of the MDR Grande better than the CK. 

Say it isn't so!  I don't know if we can be friends now.  ??

The CK menu on night 2 is my second least favourite.  Night 4 is my least favourite.  Make sure you eat there Night 1 next time!