Request for Alcohol in Bermuda by coworker?

I know this is an odd question but I don't drink. I can't even remember the last time I had a beer but a coworker of mine likes to drink, and that is putting it mildly. ? Anyway this person has a request of mine for when I am in Bermuda in Sept. on Anthem. He wants me to get him "Hennessy White" which apparently they don't sell in the US but only in the Caribbean. Any ideas close by the ship they sell alcohol? Is there an alcohol store in the mall right there by the ship? Thanks for any info because I have no freaking idea. 

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I know this is an odd question but I don't drink. I can't even remember the last time I had a beer but a coworker of mine likes to drink, and that is putting it mildly. ? Anyway this person has a request of mine for when I am in Bermuda in Sept. on Anthem. He wants me to get him "Hennessy White" which apparently they don't sell in the US but only in the Caribbean. Any ideas close by the ship they sell alcohol? Is there an alcohol store in the mall right there by the ship? Thanks for any info because I have no freaking idea. 

First thing to know is that Bermuda isn't in the Caribbean.  It's in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of the Carolinas.  You have a long way to go before you get to the Caribbean.  So it may not be available there either.

Another important thing to know is that not all alcohol purchased in Bermuda is duty-free.  We were there in May, arriving Saturday and departing Sunday.  Our ship was not eligible to purchase duty-free because of our overnight into Sunday.  But if it's something your co-worker wants and this is the only way he can get it, them I'm sure he won't mind paying more.  The black rum we wanted was actually more buying it in Bermuda than buying at home, because we were not eligible for duty-free.

We did not see an alcohol store, only the Bermuda rum shack at the wharf.  The other option was a pub that sells it's own beer, in addition to other libations.  But we also didn't look for one in the port building as it wouldn't have been duty-free.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

Churchill's on York St. in St. George's (a Cigar and Spirits shoppe) has it. A bottle costs over a hundred bucks. Good luck.

Holy crap! Holy crap! And I thinking to myself he said he was gonna pay but ah I'm on vacation what the heck I'll buy it myself to be a nice guy. But I'm um, ah, NO WAY! That is expensive! Thanks for the info. I doubt I'll even find it now. 

I can not help you in the search for the Hennessy White, but I can tell you that it is plentiful, we too had to buy some for a coworker that worked for the wife on her holiday.  We had to give it up when we got back on the ship and had to pick it up prior to leaving the ship.  I can assure you that you won't have any issue finding someplace that sells alcohol somewhere near the port,  on the particular cruise we went on we searched and easily discovered the trend.  Almost every port will have a store that sells alcohol very nearby, as it is a  big money maker for them!  

On 7/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, bhageerah said:

I want to say the same thing, I want to say that I checked to see if they had it onboard and they did, and I compared prices onboard to what I found in each port.  

Oh wow I hope that is the case. That would be an easy way to do this. Thanks for the info.