Perfect Day Love

11 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I have yet to be to  Perfect Day at CocoCay but this pic is my desktop background.  I have high hopes of the time we get to spend on the island.  I invite others who have been there to share their favorite memories there here.  I hope this doesn't sound too corny.  

CoCoCAY 2.png

Watching this thread because I have honestly been avoiding looking at any cruises that stop there because I don't get the appeal.

Not bashing it. Just never been and wasn't sure what the big deal was about it.

Since so many itineraries seem to stop there, it would open up a lot of options for me if I learn more about it from seeing why folks love it.

Is it possible to purchase a water park admission same day? Some trepidation on my teens part as the Island is so big with so much to do. We have a cabana at the Oasis (we were lucky & purchased before the huge price increase) and really wanted to settle in and see if this is something she would participate in. The pictures are beautiful, looking forward to this "Perfect Day"

Corny? NO WAY, pure joy is what I feel when reading this blog's posts!! Thanks everyone.

7 hours ago, Neesa said:

Is it possible to purchase a water park admission same day? Some trepidation on my teens part as the Island is so big with so much to do. We have a cabana at the Oasis (we were lucky & purchased before the huge price increase) and really wanted to settle in and see if this is something she would participate in. The pictures are beautiful, looking forward to this "Perfect Day"

Corny? NO WAY, pure joy is what I feel when reading this blog's posts!! Thanks everyone.

Yes, you can!   (Purchase same day on the island).  We had a cabana at Oasis Lagoon, too.  

8 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

Watching this thread because I have honestly been avoiding looking at any cruises that stop there because I don't get the appeal.

Since so many itineraries seem to stop there, it would open up a lot of options for me if I learn more about it from seeing why folks love it.

I could go on and on about what I loved and why I loved it, and post all kinds of pics, but I don’t want to drive people crazy.   But I will say this, there is a relaxation option for every style.  There are activities for every level.   I love that I don’t have to spend any additional money for food or drink.  It is immaculate.  There is no one begging for you to buy their goods, use their taxi, take their tour, etc.  And frankly, it’s just beautiful.    

If you like more details or photos, let me know.

55 minutes ago, Bbjunkie said:

It was a CocoLoco.   It’s the drink of the day on the island, and is “Royal’s Drink”.  Word is it’s the same as a Labadoozy, but I haven’t been to Labadee soo can’t confirm.  (Next summer!)

AEAE5FB5-8B73-4825-8642-1CBF0215C5E1.jpeg

Oh cool thanks. Will have to try it ? 

21 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I have yet to be to  Perfect Day at CocoCay but this pic is my desktop background.  I have high hopes of the time we get to spend on the island.  I invite others who have been there to share their favorite memories there here.  I hope this doesn't sound too corny.  

CoCoCAY 2.png

Great idea!  I have a bulletin board on the wall by my desk with little pics of our upcoming vacation on Oasis to Cococay...so you are in good company   :)

24 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

How far was the Oasis Lagoon pool from South Beach? Close enough to walk over every now and then?

Yes, a very nice 5-10 minute walk along the beach. Since South Beach is closed for construction we'll have to split between Chill Island and the pool. The pool is so huge, it's actually not terribly far from anything. Picture doesn't do it justice.

image.png.fcf336ca4bfeb0a1149b9f7f1711a0e1.png20190524_141118.thumb.jpg.cf41f5e47f18b4c6a7b165b995622ac1.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.9ef8ddc92f87f34da970b18efcb2aa60.jpeg

On 7/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, JennyJenny said:

Tons of appeal if you enjoy beach or pool days. If not, this isn’t going to be a great stop for you. On the other hand, if you do enjoy these things, Coco Cay is one of the best stops offered by RC. 

23 hours ago, Bbjunkie said:

I could go on and on about what I loved and why I loved it, and post all kinds of pics, but I don’t want to drive people crazy.   But I will say this, there is a relaxation option for every style.  There are activities for every level.   I love that I don’t have to spend any additional money for food or drink.  It is immaculate.  There is no one begging for you to buy their goods, use their taxi, take their tour, etc.  And frankly, it’s just beautiful.    

If you like more details or photos, let me know.

More pictures, yes please ?

22 hours ago, Skid said:

Going back in October. We are sure it will still be great, but we'll surely miss the bungalow we had on South Beach in May. 

20190524_105235.thumb.jpg.e4d832503e4ee7d5380a11e424c5df25.jpg

That looks like a great spot for some relaxation.  We have a cabana booked on South Beach when we make it there.  Im wondering if these will be what we get or if they are doing something different?  

16 hours ago, DublinFC said:

That looks like a great spot for some relaxation.  We have a cabana booked on South Beach when we make it there.  Im wondering if these will be what we get or if they are doing something different?  

It was terrific. We were there on Symphony during the second week that Perfect Day was open. There were 6464 passengers aboard and they said that 5800 got off. And with all those people, this is how South Beach looked at about 11AM. Relaxation at it's best! At that time in our area were 15 beach beds and 20 bungalows (we paid $219 for the bungalow and that included food delivery, water and floating beach mats). Next to us were the beach loungers. I actually don't know where the cabanas were.

20190524_105647.thumb.jpg.523cb849814b7e055ccedd8eb61dca88.jpg

While I was there before it was labeled perfect day, we had a cabana on what is now called Chill Island. It was a great way to spend the day, and my daughter was living her best life chasing away the seagulls for all the other guests. Discovering all of the hermit crabs in the rock wall was also a highlight for my two kids.

On an exciting note, we will be sailing on Navigator on September 23rd with a stop here, and we again have a Chill Island Cabana, and we cant wait to explore and see all of the other improvements!

IMG_9720.JPG

IMG_9766.JPG

IMG_9758.JPG

12 hours ago, Skid said:

It was terrific. We were there on Symphony during the second week that Perfect Day was open. There were 6464 passengers aboard and they said that 5800 got off. And with all those people, this is how South Beach looked at about 11AM. Relaxation at it's best! At that time in our area were 15 beach beds and 20 bungalows (we paid $219 for the bungalow and that included food delivery, water and floating beach mats). Next us were the beach loungers. I actually don't know where the cabanas were.

20190524_105647.thumb.jpg.523cb849814b7e055ccedd8eb61dca88.jpg

That is what we are wanting.  I told my wife that there are other cabana options available, but she told me she would prefer to be on the beach.  This looks heavenly!

It will be 5 of us 4 adults and 7 years old. 4 adults purchased the thrill water park & zip line and Thrill water Park for my son who is 7 years old. He is not 48" tall yet. Really close to 48" tall but not quite. Do you think it is a waste of money? What he can do in the water park? Anyone know?

Just now, Susie said:

It will be 5 of us 4 adults and 7 years old. 4 adults purchased the thrill water park & zip line and Thrill water Park for my son who is 7 years old. He is not 48" tall yet. Really close to 48" tall but not quite. Do you think it is a waste of money? What he can do in the water park? Anyone know?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/15/perfect-day-cococay-waterslides-experiences-height-and-weight-requirements

Check out the chart in this post.  There appear to be several slides he can do plus he'll be able to use the wave and adventure pools.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, AshleyDillo said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/15/perfect-day-cococay-waterslides-experiences-height-and-weight-requirements

Check out the chart in this post.  There appear to be several slides he can do plus he'll be able to use the wave and adventure pools.

That is a great chart, makes it easier to plan what you can/can not do.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:23 AM, AshleyDillo said:

Whoa!  If we ever cruised to Cocoa Cay, it better be early on in the cruise, or I might not make the weight limits after a few trips to the WJ! ?

1 hour ago, FManke said:

Whoa!  If we ever cruised to Cocoa Cay, it better be early on in the cruise, or I might not make the weight limits after a few trips to the WJ! ?<span>

LMAO

Off topic, but I am sure it is true for Thrill water slides.

Hubby did the water slides on Adventure.  There are 2 slides side by side.1 is under 225, and 1 is below 300.   At the top of the slide there is a scale. They weighed him (218 lbs)  This was day 3 on a 9 day cruise, he was going to the gym everyday for 45 mins, but after that he was in the gym 75 mins so he could still enjoy food

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

Hahahhaha I need to get into cruise shape before setting sail!  I think I can make that happen!

You can do it. I dropped 50lbs in the six months before last cruise. Need to get back at it before next cruise. Cruising is very motivating!

2 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

LMAO

Off topic, but I am sure it is true for Thrill water slides.

Hubby did the water slides on Adventure.  There are 2 slides side by side.1 is under 225, and 1 is below 300.   At the top of the slide there is a scale. They weighed him (218 lbs)  This was day 3 on a 9 day cruise, he was going to the gym everyday for 45 mins, but after that he was in the gym 75 mins so he could still enjoy food

I think that is the plan I am going to have to follow!  Need a better plan than "eat it all" too while onboard hahahaha

1 minute ago, DublinFC said:

I think that is the plan I am going to have to follow!  Need a better plan than "eat it all" too while onboard hahahaha

Came back only 2lbs heavier than when we started the cruise. Ate what I wanted within reason. Walked a ton, which helped.

3 minutes ago, FManke said:

Came back only 2lbs heavier than when we started the cruise. Ate what I wanted within reason. Walked a ton, which helped.

My wife and I are looking at the unlimited fitness classes.  get a workout in each day to help with the fun to be had :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Our perfect day in Cococay began with storms. My little son said it was a "rainy day at Cococay".
Thus, when we wanted to access Thrill waterpark, they were about to close it due to bad weather.
After an hour and a half the storm passed and we were able to enter the Waterpark.
We enjoyed a very good day, especially my children. Cococay is perfectly prepared so that there are no problems
with large crowds.
In the end it was a great day, a perfect wrap to finish our cruise.

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2608_mod.jpg

IMG_2594.JPG