Traveling with 1 year old - Options on bottle of water.

A.Musa

We are taking a family vacation on the Grandeur of the Sea. Our son will be a little over a year old by the time we depart. What are my options with bottle of water? Can I bring a case or 2 of bottle of spring water onboard and how many can I bring or is it cheaper to purchase the drink package? I don't drink sodas or Alcohol anymore.

Last time I took a cruise back in the early 90s, I remember the water on the ship had a smell to it and I refuse to give it to my son. I'm looking at options to keep my son fed and hydrated.  

I have been on 5 cruises and have not drank any smelly water (bottled, still, sparkling and tea) and even had ice in all of the drinks I ordered that required ice, 

Royal Caribbean allows non- alcoholic beverages, and 2 bottles of wine/champagne(750ml) and for infant/ dietary/ medical use You are allowed to bring milk and bottled water to be used to make infant formula or for dietary or medical use, but not be for non-medical related purposes and to be drank by people who is not an infant.

CRUISE SHIPS NO NOT HAVE SMELLY WATER IN MY OPINION.

You can purchase a 12 or 24 pack of 1 liter bottled water through the cruise planner and they will deliver it to your so it is there when you enter your cabin. The price of the 1 liter bottled water package is $39 for 12 bottles & $68 for a pack of 1 lite bottled water. 

There is also milk, juice, lemonade, and tea  (if you’re son likes like to drink any any of those for types of drinks) which is free. 

Edited by Bakerette
Removed RC, corrected part of reply.

From there website https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Is there a limit on how much I can bring for my 1 year old  for a 8 night cruise?

21 minutes ago, A.Musa said:

From there website https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Is there a limit on how much I can bring for my 1 year old  for a 8 night cruise?

The official limit is 12 bottles , but most of the time you will not have issue if you will bring more , the only issue is that you will need to carry it in your carry on.

Bottle of waters cost around 2 $ on the ship.

Ship water are created on the ship and carefully tested , I can bet if you will check some of the bottle waters quality compare to the ship water you will find the ship water are better. but if you want to go on the safe side , just bring some with your own.

5 hours ago, A.Musa said:

Last time I took a cruise back in the early 90s, I remember the water on the ship had a smell to it and I refuse to give it to my son. I'

I think you will find the water to be totally fine.  I have never had a problem, @WAAAYTOOO said she did a couple times.  Go with your own personal preference... You are allowed to bring a case as people above have started and you might as well do that as insurance.  If after that you don't like the ship water than you can buy bottled water easily on the ship.  Hope you have a good cruise.  Jane

Last year on LIB the ship’s water was definitely skunky on the first day but got better on subsequent days.  We also had skunky water on Freedom in April. That water was skunky the whole trip.  Thank goodness we had the UDP so  just drank bottled water.   The ships’ water is usually very good. Just had 2 recent bad experiences. 

• 4 years later...

Hi Im going on the Ovation of the Sea Royal Carribean Cruise line and i was wandering can you take your own kettle for baby formula as my baby will be 10 months old when we cruise. or does Royal Carribean provide you with a kettle in your room. And am i able bring my own filtered boiled water in thermos's for my baby as this trip will be 11 nights.