Experienced/New Cruisers Boarding Together?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be "It can't hurt to ask," but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with this. 

My family and I are experienced cruisers. My elderly parents, who are going with us on a cruise in November, are not. They're a little intimidated by the whole experience and the boarding process can be overwhelming to new cruisers. I've already told them that I will stay with them to walk them through the process. But my question is has anyone had any luck with RCCL letting guests of a lower tier (or, in this case, no tier) board with the rest of their party in a higher tier? Or will I need to just hang back and wait with them until new cruisers are allowed on board? It's not a huge deal either way, just didn't know if it was worth asking.

They are in their own room with their own reservation number, but our rooms are all linked under my online account. 

By letter of policy, higher ranking member of the Crown and Anchor Society are welcome to join other guests with lower status in that group's boarding process.  In other words you go down to their level.  

In practice it depends.  Sometimes the terminal contractors will oblige, sometimes you would think you are trying to steal the crown jewels by asking.  The elderly aspect may work in your favor if they look the part or simply tailgate following along with your family.  Just understand the policy is no so if they don't let it happen, they are rightfully enforcing the rules.

We just had this same situation when boarding in Bayonne. My wife, daughter and I are only Gold (3 cruises) and we took my son, my other daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids with us this week. We didn't think about this ahead of time. We flashed "gold" to get in the gold line and all 8 of us just stayed together. No one said a word. We are only gold so it might be different with higher tiers. I think if you show your tier level and just have them follow close behind they are not going to make a "scene" and make you go to another line, especially if you have your sail pass and passports in hand and ready. 8 of us checked in in less than 5-10 minutes.  Your milage may vary.....

Others have commented about what the official policy is, but if you are boarding at Terminal A in Miami, I’d say they could go with you and no one would notice or care.  Seriously, the boarding process is so smooth and fast there now, that you get from the porters taking your luggage to a drink on the pool deck in 20 minutes.   

When I was in terminal a earlier this summer with my hubby in wheelchair the porter took him and the rest of my party, who weren't on my reservation, together in elevator, through security and right onto ship. I bet we were all in terminal less than 10 minutes. Took longer to get an elevator to the WJ. But, I agree, your mileage my vary.