Experienced Oasis passengers

I know we are a long way (May 2020) from our Oasis cruise but hey I'm giddy that we are sailing on her.  

What are some tips for someone that needs has sailed on a Oasis class ship? Inside tips, this to avoid or do? Where is a great place for sail away? This is just for fun because like I said I'm giddy to be sailing on Oasis and we are very far away from our sailing. Can't wait to hear what you have to say. 

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I know we are a long way (May 2020) from our Oasis cruise but hey I'm giddy that we are sailing on her.  

What are some tips for someone that needs has sailed on a Oasis class ship? Inside tips, this to avoid or do? Where is a great place for sail away? This is just for fun because like I said I'm giddy to be sailing on Oasis and we are very far away from our sailing. Can't wait to hear what you have to say. 

Good question!  We sail on her Dec 2020. 

Plus this blog post:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/31/first-time-cruisers-guide-royal-caribbeans-oasis-of-the-seas

I'll be on in December soon after her Amplification when she comes back to America.  I'll probably be live blogging so keep an eye out in the live blog section of the message boards come December for a peak at the changes she has coming. 

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We're not experts as we've only been on one Oasis Class sailing but here are a few of our Oasis-class unique favorites:

Aqua-Theater show:    we really loved that show plus you can find some little nooks by the theater that have great views

Central Park at Night:   very tranquil, we enjoyed walking through that area after dinner, listening to whatever live music they had going that night.

Solarium Bistro for breakfast/lunch instead of the Windjammer:  Less hectic and stressful than the windjammer but essentially the same food.  THere are also plenty of other food options to avoid the Windjammer crush

We had two concerns heading into our cruise that we didn't find to be true (though your results may vary):

1) Too many people.  Yes there are a lot of people on the ship but it wasn't overwhelming other than leaving the muster drill   As there were several venues emptying into the same location, that was the only time it was claustrophobic.  15-20 minutes our of a week long trip.   The pool deck walkway can get pinched a little if there's a stroller/scooter coming the other direction but nothing awful

2) You're disconnected from the sea:   I'm sure this is very subjective, but I really didn't feel that way.  Yes, there are a lot of internal focused venues but there's always the walkway on deck 5, the aft end of the boardwalk, and the entire upper deck.  We had gotten an ocean facing balcony based on that concern but it wasn't needed for that.  Don't get me wrong it was great to have but there were plenty of other spots to see/hear/smell the ocean.  Our favorite pool chair location was on the forward starboard section, underneath the upper walkway.  We spent many an hour with a drink and and a kindle watching the ocean go by.   With that said, that's actually one concern I have with the Amplification, I think that's the area where the slides are going.   But we'll just find a new spot for our August sailing on Oasis.

14 hours ago, DandA said:

For boarding day lunch, skip the WIndjammer and try Park Cafe or Solarium Bistro.  Central Park at night is tranquil having a cocktail and listening to the string group.  Try Johnny Rockets for breakfast at least once.  Make reservations for the shows, they are quite good.

Great info, thanks. I heard the Windjammer on Oasis is kinda small which makes no sense because of the size of the ship. Definitely want to avoid that. Playmakers is gonna be added to Oasis and that sounds like a good place for lunch on boarding day. Is everything typically open for lunch on boarding day?

Wear comfy shoes! :-) She's a big ship!

If you are going down floors.... take the stairs. If you are going up only a minimal number of floors... take the stairs. 
Its good for you, plus you'll wait twice as long for an elevator then it will take for you to actually walk to your destination (most of the time). 

Book your shows and entertainment ahead of time. 

Unless they change it during the refurb.... there is a shuffle board court, behind the big screens of the aqua theater. 

If you want a sweet snack to save for later, you can ask for some 'Udi's Gluten free cookies' at the promanade cafe'. They are pre packaged, and delish!! (you would never know they are gluten free). We get some everytime we walk by, and just save them for midnight snacks or to take to the beach / pool. etc.  

49 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

Wear comfy shoes! ? She's a big ship!

If you are going down floors.... take the stairs. If you are going up only a minimal number of floors... take the stairs. 
Its good for you, plus you'll wait twice as long for an elevator then it will take for you to actually walk to your destination (most of the time). 

Book your shows and entertainment ahead of time. 

Unless they change it during the refurb.... there is a shuffle board court, behind the big screens of the aqua theater. 

If you want a sweet snack to save for later, you can ask for some 'Udi's Gluten free cookies' at the promanade cafe'. They are pre packaged, and delish!! (you would never know they are gluten free). We get some everytime we walk by, and just save them for midnight snacks or to take to the beach / pool. etc.  

Thank you, I plan on walking or taking the stairs every time. I have lost 70 pounds on my way to my goal of 82. Anthem this year is my first cruise since losing weight and I plan to take to the stairs 99% of the time. Why not both calories and why wait for the elevators and possibly annoying passengers. 

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it.