Brenna

Am I Crazy? Solo Cruise

29 minutes ago, MaryS said:

It is a little weird at first eating solo in the MDR

It’s funny how quickly you just “get over it” when you are traveling alone and eating alone.  I travel for work a LOT....like 3 weeks a month.  I am sitting in a Chili’s right now by myself and I don’t even give it a thought anymore.  Traveling alone gets a bad rap.  You get to go wherever you, whenever you want.  I really don't mind at all anymore.  

Now....having said all of that, Dan would be crushed if I ever said that I was thinking about taking a cruise without him. With things as they are now (both of us in good health), I wouldn’t even consider it b/c he loves cruising as much as I do and he would be very hurt if he thought I would go and leave him behind. How would I feel if he told me that he and “the guys” were going to take a guy cruise ?  I really don’t know.  I think I would ok with it but the situation has never come up.  I guess we’ll find out, if it does.

11 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It’s funny how quickly you just “get over it” when you are traveling alone and eating alone.  I travel for work a LOT....like 3 weeks a month.  I am sitting in a Chili’s right now by myself and I don’t even give it a thought anymore.  Traveling alone gets a bad rap.  You get to go wherever you, whenever you want.  I really don't mind at all anymore.  

Now....having said all of that, Dan would be crushed if I ever said that I was thinking about taking a cruise without him. With things as they are now (both of us in good health), I wouldn’t even consider it b/c he loves cruising as much as I do and he would be very hurt if he thought I would go and leave him behind. How would I feel if he told me that he and “the guys” were going to take a guy cruise ?  I really don’t know.  I think I would ok with it but the situation has never come up.  I guess we’ll find out, if it does.

I have cruised a couple times without my husband and with my girls.  He has been awesome about it!  However I've now been to Disney 2 times without him in the past couple years and he is done with that lol!   I think he would totally understand a cruise by myself and if he were going after, that would probably work great.  I can say all this, because he never travels without me!  Jane

Sorry for disappearing! Work got crazy but I appreciate all the responses here

I sure know where to go whenever I am feeling hmmm should I book this cruise and need encouragement

My husband was pretty down on the idea, I think he would miss me 😂

Looks like its working in my favorite to convince him we need a second cruise anyway! 

But for now back to counting the days to Sept 29 and HARMONY 

My wife has 5 sisters all over the country and is traveling to see them constantly.  While I am "HOME ALONE".    Now that we are moving back to Florida I just might start doing solo cruises.  With several ports to choose from and last minute cabins it is a no brainer.  Then again she loves to cruise as well.  Just think I could start BOB`S BLOGS.   What a thought.