Recommended vegetarian options for special requests

Cobwebber

I recently made a FB comment on skipping specialty dining because I am vegetarian and found the meals options to be acceptable but nothing special. Several replies suggested I should ask the wait staff for more options. My uninformed query would likely be along the lines of “what can you make that’s vegetarian, delicious, and doesn’t have raw onion?” So, this question goes out to vegetarian or vegan experienced cruisers...what has been a RC meal/entree/salad/snack that you loved? I’d love to know what to ask for or seek out.

Giovannis or Jamies are good choices, as there are pasta dishes without meat.  At Chops, I only ate sides.  Izumi has vegetable rolls.  I'm not sure about Wonderland or 150 CP, as I was still eating meat when I ate both of those places.

My recommendation is to let your waiter know you are vegetarian and see what are your choices?  You can go to the maitre 'd before booking the restaurant and have the conversation, then decide if you want to go.  If you do make the reservation, they will put notes in the computer about your discussion.

57 minutes ago, Cobwebber said:

I recently made a FB comment on skipping specialty dining because I am vegetarian and found the meals options to be acceptable but nothing special. Several replies suggested I should ask the wait staff for more options. My uninformed query would likely be along the lines of “what can you make that’s vegetarian, delicious, and doesn’t have raw onion?” So, this question goes out to vegetarian or vegan experienced cruisers...what has been a RC meal/entree/salad/snack that you loved? I’d love to know what to ask for or seek out.

We took my vegetarian daughter to Giovanni's and told our waiter at the beginning she was vegetarian.  He insisted on bringing an extra pasta dish that she could try in addition to the one she ordered (don't remember what it was).  We were also able to get the cheese plate at 150 which she absolutely loved for dessert.  I have it in her file that she is vegetarian but we find that when we mention it and all, waiters have really tried to be accommodating, at both mdr and specialty.  Jane.  

2 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Giovannis or Jamies are good choices, as there are pasta dishes without meat.  At Chops, I only ate sides.  Izumi has vegetable rolls.  I'm not sure about Wonderland or 150 CP, as I was still eating meat when I ate both of those places.

My recommendation is to let your waiter know you are vegetarian and see what are your choices?  You can go to the maitre 'd before booking the restaurant and have the conversation, then decide if you want to go.  If you do make the reservation, they will put notes in the computer about your discussion.

150 had a cauliflower steak but it had so much seasoning my daughter hated it.  Not sure if it can be tweaked.   Again the cheese plate was awesome.  Jane

Very interested in this as well as my travel companion is vegetarian and we are doing Jaimes, CP 150 and Wonderland. But definitely nervous about if she will be able to eat much at the latter two. Hoping for the best or else might have to hit up sorrentos or something after. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks ? 

Just now, Sh2738 said:

Very interested in this as well as my travel companion is vegetarian and we are doing Jaimes, CP 150 and Wonderland. But definitely nervous about if she will be able to eat much at the latter two. Hoping for the best or else might have to hit up sorrentos or something after. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks ? 

In terms of cp I will ask her again, but I know she found an appetizer (can't remember what it was), the cauliflower steak (ask for light seasoning), a salad and the cheese plate.  I think there was at least one other dessert too, but I can't remember.  I haven't been to the other two but you will definitely find options at Jaime's .. The cheese plank and all sorts of vegetarian pasta options.  As @KathyC said above... You can always go talk to them pre-meal about your concerns.  This also works at the mdr... Once they knew my daughter was vegetarian they bought all sorts of options.  Jane