Diamond benefits extending to others in the cabin

Barna

5 minutes ago, Barna said:

My wife and I were Diamond Members. My wife and I divorced. If I go on another cruise with someone else who is not a Diamond member, do my benefits extend to them?

Thanks.

B

Only if the 2 of you share the same address.  If you have the same address you can “associate” your C&A accounts. You have to do it before you cruise though.  Once onboard if your girlfriend is not already classified as D, she will not receive the D benefits.  AND you may not be able to do any of this until after she has completed at least 1 cruise. You will need to call C&A and ask them

Not normally.  There has been discussion on other topics about "significant others" who share a common address being able to assume your status after one cruise.  We had a recent case where my son's girlfriend was denied access on formal night.   But, when you go to the club in off-hours, there is generally no one there to check, so you could enable your friend to get a coffee....  As Diamond, you know about the drink vouchers during happy hour, which is the stated work-around for friends not having access.  I've heard the policy is also because there just isn't enough room for all of the Diamond members, let alone their friends.  So they want us to use the other bars and lounges throughout the ship.

If you re-marry, no problem after the first cruise.

Welcome to the message boards!

Did both you and you ex-wife earn Diamond "naturally" - each earning the points to qualify? 

If so then you both now have Diamond on your own merit and as you go forward in life you could declare someone new in your life as being in a relationship with you.  The litmus test for that starts with the current 'couple' sharing a common home address.  

However simply sharing a cabin with a non-Diamond does not elevate them to your status.  If you took your sister, or brother, or niece or a lady you met at a bar last week on a cruise, they would not qualify for Diamond match status.  

• Lovetocruise2002 changed the title to Diamond benefits extending to others in the cabin

I walked into the Diamond Lounge on Adventure of the Seas (June 28 to July 6) to visit with friends who did not have access to the Suite Lounge. I was very surprised when I ordered a diet coke to be asked for my sea pass card. I questioned why they were swiping cards in the Lounge and was told it was for "inventory purposes for the Loyalty Department" and that it had been going on for some time.  No such swiping for Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge, so I guess Loyalty doesn't feel there are enough of us to impact their inventory.

I did see a woman who was with friends asked to leave when she could not produce her sea pass card and didn't want the Concierge to look up her room.

14 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I walked into the Diamond Lounge on Adventure of the Seas (June 28 to July 6) to visit with friends who did not have access to the Suite Lounge. I was very surprised when I ordered a diet coke to be asked for my sea pass card. I questioned why they were swiping cards in the Lounge and was told it was for "inventory purposes for the Loyalty Department" and that it had been going on for some time.  No such swiping for Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge, so I guess Loyalty doesn't feel there are enough of us to impact their inventory.

Was this this first time you walked into the Diamond Lounge on this cruise?  I always say "Hi" to or at least catch the Concierge's eye when I walk in.  My experience is once they engage with you for the fist time then they will recognize (and not bother) you for the rest of the cruise...

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I did see a woman who was with friends asked to leave when she could not produce her sea pass card and didn't want the Concierge to look up her room.

I use @YOLO 's strategy and was never asked to produce a sea pass except when the door was already propped open, like formal night.  There was such a large crowd that they checked IDs on the Harmony outside.  It could be Adventure of the Seas was trying something new....

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

@MaritimeR&R  Are both you and your friends Diamond members?  Also, for your Adventure cruise were either of you in a Suite?  I am trying to understand the relationship between the Diamond Lounge and the Suite Lounge as it pertains to you...

8 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@MaritimeR&R  Are both you and your friends Diamond members?  Also, for your Adventure cruise were either of you in a Suite?  I am trying to understand the relationship between the Diamond Lounge and the Suite Lounge as it pertains to you...

I am Pinnacle and was staying in a balcony cabin. My friends are Diamond Plus.  No one has ever asked to see my card, much less swipe it in the Suite Lounge, however I was told that as of a few months (it would have had to have been since Feb. 2019 - as I went in there then and no swiping was taking place) cards are being swiped for drinks in the Diamond Lounge. As of my sailing, there was no restriction placed on the Diamond Lounge # of drinks, but there was definitely no swiping going on in the Suite Lounge.

I just looked back at your comments...the concierge (who I know and he did not ask to see my sea pass) --- only the servers in the Lounge asked for it and swiped it when I ordered my diet coke.

3 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I am Pinnacle and was staying in a balcony cabin. My friends are Diamond Plus.  No one has ever asked to see my card, much less swipe it in the Suite Lounge, however I was told that as of a few months (it would have had to have been since Feb. 2019 - as I went in there then and no swiping was taking place) cards are being swiped for drinks in the Diamond Lounge. As of my sailing, there was no restriction placed on the Diamond Lounge # of drinks, but there was definitely no swiping going on in the Suite Lounge.

Wow, I have never heard of or seen that before.  ?

In Concierge Lounges I have often had the Concierge ask for my cabin # early in the cruise.  He had a paper list of all cabins with eligible members and he would cross them out as people entered. He didn't ask to see cards nor were they swiped for a drink.  

The Diamond Lounge goes through a lot of bottles each evening, often several garbage bags full of wine and booze bottles.  I've yet to be swiped for a drink in any lounge, Diamond, Concierge or Suite.  You would think just the tally of bottles would suffice for inventory purposes.  Lounge drinks are often poured as doubles or triples, wine is often a very generous pour so how does swiping a card account for that for inventory purposes?

Just coming off the Anthem, the Suite/Concierge lounge and the Diamond lounge both worked a little differently from each other, but neither swiped my card that I remember. I did employ the above tactic and talk to the Diamond Concierge and Suite Concierge the first time I entered each lounge.

The Concierge lounge definitely had much better service on a nightly bases than the Diamond lounge, and neither was over busy in the 6-7pm range. 

4 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Just coming off the Anthem, the Suite/Concierge lounge and the Diamond lounge both worked a little differently from each other, but neither swiped my card that I remember. I did employ the above tactic and talk to the Diamond Concierge and Suite Concierge the first time I entered each lounge.

The Concierge lounge definitely had much better service on a nightly bases than the Diamond lounge, and neither was over busy in the 6-7pm range. 

On the same sailing and the Diamond lounge concierge was not the greatest this sailing.  I rarely ever saw him leave his desk. 

I spoke to him the first night and the during the morning on Day 2.  The second night (formal night) he stood outside of the door and asked to see my card before entering.  That annoyed me slightly.

I will say that the two bartenders in there were fantastic!  They remembered all our names, drinks after the first day.  Super friendly and personable.  

Just projecting my fears....but I will not be surprised when we hear that Diamond members are being restricted to 3 drinks per night - in or out of the Lounge.   I feel like that’s coming. Not sure if that will happen in the Concierge/Suites lounges or not since Suites guests are not given the 3 free drinks/night outside of the Lounge.  Maybe it will happen there, too, eventually.

If this does happen, it will not affect us greatly as Dan has recently given up drinking any alcohol and I have never had more than 1 or 2, at the most, of any Lounge beverage.  But if it does happen, I predict significant thrashing and gnashing.

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I spoke to him the first night and the during the morning on Day 2.  The second night (formal night) he stood outside of the door and asked to see my card before entering.  That annoyed me slightly.

This is quite common on Quantum class and often other crew will guard the door in shifts.  I think they sometimes do it so that other cruisers walking past see them doing it and it discourages interlopers from attempting it.  It's a show or display that they are checking.  On Harmony and Symphony with the DL down on deck 4 this also occurs since again it's a common area for the general population to mill about and try to tailgate someone into the lounge.

I wouldn't take it personally.

30 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just projecting my fears....but I will not be surprised when we hear that Diamond members are being restricted to 3 drinks per night - in or out of the Lounge.   I feel like that’s coming. Not sure if that will happen in the Concierge/Suites lounges or not since Suites guests are not given the 3 free drinks/night outside of the Lounge.  Maybe it will happen there, too, eventually.

If this does happen, it will not affect us greatly as Dan has recently given up drinking any alcohol and I have never had more than 1 or 2, at the most, of any Lounge beverage.  But if it does happen, I predict significant thrashing and gnashing.

Agree.  With Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle numbers ever increasing something has to break.  Twenty six ships all offering happy hour evening drinks 365 days a year  - that's gotta be a huge bar bill for them to swallow.  More ships coming, more guests reaching Diamond.  Change is coming, they are just trying to figure out how to roll it out with the least impact or backlash.  

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It will likely happen but then it will become a price war instead of a cruising with RCL because of loyalty.  Short term gain, long term pains.

This is happening right now with DELTA selling their first class seats for dirt cheap instead of giving them as upgrades to their Diamond, Plat, Gold elite groups.  Delta used to give away approx 70% of their first class seats now its down to 13%.

Because of this my spend on delta has went down about 70% this year as I take whatever airline gets me somewhere fastest.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, Carol Cassidy said:

If I am a Diamond Member and my husband is not will he be able to receive the same benefits as me? He has cruised several times on Royal Caribbean.

Your husband is eligible to be your status.  Royal has a relationship based status match for spouses.  Call Crown and Anchor and ask them to match your husband to your Diamond status.  

Crown and Anchor (800) 526-9723‬

Don't call the general Royal Caribbean phone number.

• 1 year later...
On 7/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

As of 2021, Diamond and Diamond Plus members, will be able to use their on card drinks vouchers at ANY bar (except Starbucks) and at any time throughout the day - and not just from 5pm. Diamond members now get FOUR drinks vouchers, with Diamond Plus getting FIVE. Pinnacle members get SIX. The Diamond Lounge will still be accessible for drinks too. This new and exciting change, may well diminish the 5pm rush to a crowded Diamond Lounge?  Clearly, a good time to book some more Royal Caribbean cruises, me thinks. 😎👍🏼 🥃🥃🥃🥃