Selective Internet

Hi folks, I'm taking my first cruise (8 nights) on the Empress out of Miami on Aug 24. I would like to use their Surf and Stream internet package, but I don't need it every day, specifically just the two days we're at sea. I know the terms and conditions state that it "must be purchased for the duration of your cruise" but I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to get around this, or an alternative. I don't need to stay connected, I just want to upload photos, and update my blog, twice during the trip. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the message boards!

Voom is available once on board on a 24 hour "Day Pass" basis but it's expensive.  A day pass provides 24 hours consecutive access.  Two different days @ $29.99 would be $60. 

The most economical way to buy Voom is before hand in the cruise planner but that is "full voyage".  If you are thinking about a beverage package there may be a combo beverage/Voom package that can reduce the price somewhat.   

Here is a typical on board Voom flyer:

420956134_VoomDayPass.jpeg.062c45ffc2963ac3d3717b056dd040cf.jpeg

2 hours ago, TetonPost said:

Thanks, somehow I missed that. You're right, that is an expensive way to go, but nice to know it's an option!

The good news is that when you reach Diamond, there is some free Internet use plus discount on the packages....