El Loco Fresh for lunch

Just now, twangster said:

I'd probably go with CK even though CK lunch isn't my favorite meal there.  Miami is super hot these days and if for no other reason than to stay in the A/C I'd probably go #teamCK

Once the ship is at sea and there is a breeze El Loco Fresh may be cooler than the surface of the sun.    

Good point!  I didn't even think of that!

As far as pics, from the Symphony TA:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/9684-symphony-ots-live-transatlantic-oct-28-2018-coming-to-america/&do=findComment&comment=89937

I can't imagine they have a different day one offering.  The soft tacos are the real star of El Loco Fresh which I also found to be true on Navigator.  I didn't like the Quesadillas as much.    

Just now, Tim B. said:

I am kind of confused by @Lovetocruise2002  We all want to go to Canada for the summer and here you are going to Miami and the Caribbean during the summer months for the heat. I''ll give you my southern response  - well bless your heart.

When you are a teacher, vacation times are not flexible.  We cruise every summer.  It is the norm for us...

14 minutes ago, Tim B. said:

I am kind of confused by @Lovetocruise2002  We all want to go to Canada for the summer and here you are going to Miami and the Caribbean during the summer months for the heat. I''ll give you my southern response  - well bless your heart.

Igloo is nearly melted leaving them displaced.  By the time the cruise is over snow will have returned to Canada and the igloo lifecycle can repeat.   

The toppings bar is pretty on point at El Loco Fresh...too bad on our sailing they didn't seem to know what tortilla chips were and didn't have them available.  Pretty sure that was just an anomaly.  If I was bored with CK lunches I would go there.  Actually I would piggy it up and do both more than likely ?

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The toppings bar is pretty on point at El Loco Fresh...too bad on our sailing they didn't seem to know what tortilla chips were and didn't have them available.  Pretty sure that was just an anomaly.  If I was bored with CK lunches I would go there.  Actually I would piggy it up and do both more than likely ?

That is what will likely end up happening lol.

You missed it last week when the group was on the look out for Mongolian Night in the WJ for Hubby.  When it finally happened, Hubby had two dinners that night lol.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yep...and it's hot, crowded, and expensive!

Yeah but you get up early she beat 90% of the crowds... And have in air conditioning a lot.  Though I always have to take a sweater for that!  Looking forward for 15 or 20 years from now when we can travel in October lol! Jane

11 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Yeah but you get up early she beat 90% of the crowds... And have in air conditioning a lot.  Though I always have to take a sweater for that!  Looking forward for 15 or 20 years from now when we can travel in October lol! Jane

Right! I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said, "I can't wait to travel in October when I retire," or "We will have to wait to do that once I retire." ie. Food & Wine Festival, Fall Foliage Cruise, cheap cruises in Jan/Feb., Crowd Level 1 days at Magic Kingdom, etc. ?

8 hours ago, kadmgs said:

Right! I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said, "I can't wait to travel in October when I retire," or "We will have to wait to do that once I retire." ie. Food & Wine Festival, Fall Foliage Cruise, cheap cruises in Jan/Feb., Crowd Level 1 days at Magic Kingdom, etc. ?

Ooohhhhh... Crowd one levels.....!  Of course I remember when I used to run the half marathon in January and we had crowd 3 and 4 levels... No longer!  I really would like to go to the food and wine festival... It looks like so much fun!   Sorry @Lovetocruise2002 back to your regularly scheduled broadcast lol!  Jane

El Loco Fresh is  a great place for lunch.  Even their plan quesadillas were really yummy....and that chocolate dessert .  It's nice too since it's not far from the Windjammer so for one of our days, there was nothing that interested our DS so he grabbed food from Windjammer and  the rest of us grabbed from El Loco.

13 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

I haven’t been on a ship with this yet but will in a couple months. Does it have vegetarian options? Thanks 

Not a ton tbh.  I do not eat chicken or beef and so had cheese quesadilla.  They had made up burritos but these were both meat.  But they also had nachos and I think if remembering correctly , make your own tacos so those could be veggie too.  What I had though, was really good, and excited that Navigator include an El Loco Fresh (which we'll be on next month)

On 7/18/2019 at 12:48 PM, mom2mybugs said:

October is still TOO HOT for Disney lol.. Go First week of November.. Food and Wine is still going on and finally the weather seems to break alittle.. And then there is when I like to go.. Right Smack in the middle of January when its cold.. Also my birthday and its a tradition since I was 3 so there is that too lol , but seriously when you can in 15-20 years try first two weeks of November.. Kids are still in school so not so crowded and the weather finally starts to break.. Side note.. I go to food and wine every year last year it was still so hot in October they ran out of the Slushy alcohol drinks in Italy because the machines kept breaking because of the heat.. 

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

October is still TOO HOT for Disney lol.. Go First week of November.. Food and Wine is still going on and finally the weather seems to break alittle.. And then there is when I like to go.. Right Smack in the middle of January when its cold.. Also my birthday and its a tradition since I was 3 so there is that too lol , but seriously when you can in 15-20 years try first two weeks of November.. Kids are still in school so not so crowded and the weather finally starts to break.. Side note.. I go to food and wine every year last year it was still so hot in October they ran out of the Slushy alcohol drinks in Italy because the machines kept breaking because of the heat.. 

We took a 4 day weekend to go one year in the first week in December.  That was nice...no crowds but the Christmas stuff was up.  As long as it’s not TOO cold I can do November lol!  Jane

3 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

We took a 4 day weekend to go one year in the first week in December.  That was nice...no crowds but the Christmas stuff was up.  As long as it’s not TOO cold I can do November lol!  Jane

I love When all the Christmas decorations are up. Disney is even more magical. I love how so many people on this blog are Disney nerds and cruise nerds.. They are both my favorite things lol. 

22 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I love When all the Christmas decorations are up. Disney is even more magical. I love how so many people on this blog are Disney nerds and cruise nerds.. They are both my favorite things lol. 

This!!! ?

On topic... Chocolate Dulce de Leche sounds intriguing. Please report back for research purposes, @Lovetocruise2002  ?