kittysoul

Drink Package special cup....

For instance, in WDW most people hang a personal item on their rental stroller to recognize it. I tried this trick once in an amusement park in Paris (with a worthless scarf)... and of course such scarf magically disapeard within one hour.

In the US, parcels and newspapers are delivered in front of your door, even if you live in a condo. Nobody walks away with their neighbours' parcel. I wouldn't dream about trying this in France! Most of them would be stolen, if not out of financial needs, rather out of lust or mischief. So sad...

2 minutes ago, FroggyFlo said:

In the US, parcels and newspapers are delivered in front of your door, even if you live in a condo. Nobody walks away with their neighbours' parcel. I wouldn't dream about trying this in France! Most of them would be stolen, if not out of financial needs, rather out of lust or mischief. So sad...

I don't know if you watch the news, read the papers or on the internet but this kind of stuff happens every day in the US. Hate to say it, but it's true. So much so that Amazon and other delivery companies have gone to taking pictures of the deliveries to prove that they have been delivered. 

Don't base the dishonesty of a whole continent of people because of one Parisian scarf thief!

1 minute ago, mworkman said:

Speaking of stealing... Just last week I seen a thread stolen!  Took it like it was theirs, without reguards to whom it belong too.  They even had the nerve to change topic....that's so rude. 😝

I apologize for my participation. Couldn't let it go.

I guess "the seaweed is always greener in sbdy else's lake"...

I did not mean to offense the Europeans on the board, that was more meant to be a compliment towards the Americans, whom I most of the time feel like open minded and smiling and… honest. At least the ones I've met.

20 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Speaking of stealing... Just last week I seen a thread stolen!  Took it like it was theirs, without reguards to whom it belong too.  They even had the nerve to change topic....that's so rude. 😝

Guilty!  I'm soooo guilty all the time... . Jane (slinking away)