adventure of the seas room and booking question

mom2mybugs

Hi! Another question! I am trying to finally get my husband on a cruise for my 3rd cruise. I am looking at adventure out of san juan on august 6. My first question is do people find it cheaper to go through a travel agent (my last two were through aaa) and thus book earlier (I would book in a week or two so 5 months before the trip) or onboard a ship (I sail freedom on march 19]. Just wondering will the price keep going up as we get closer and would it be more than onboard credits I would get booking onboard.

My second question is about adventure rooms. We won't be able to afford an outside stateroom. Is it worth it to pay the extra 350 for an interior promenade room? Does it give you a lot more light and make the tiny room less small or should we use that money on drinks lol? Thanks for the help!

Royal caribbean locks in their prices so all outlets will be the exact same price. We book through a Travel agent because you can usually get additional incentives like OBC in addition to what RC is offering.

I would expect the price to increase moderately moving closer to the cruise.

If not on an oceanview balcony, I would save the money.

Hi! Another question! I am trying to finally get my husband on a cruise for my 3rd cruise. I am looking at adventure out of san juan on august 6. My first question is do people find it cheaper to go through a travel agent (my last two were through aaa) and thus book earlier (I would book in a week or two so 5 months before the trip) or onboard a ship (I sail freedom on march 19]. Just wondering will the price keep going up as we get closer and would it be more than onboard credits I would get booking onboard.

My second question is about adventure rooms. We won't be able to afford an outside stateroom. Is it worth it to pay the extra 350 for an interior promenade room? Does it give you a lot more light and make the tiny room less small or should we use that money on drinks lol? Thanks for the help!

The price is usually the same whether you book with a TA or not. I recommend booking with a TA for the extra service you get.

How many nights is your cruise and is it $350 total extra? Or $350 per person?

We mostly book insides but do book OVs & balc. on occasion.  PRs are out of the question for us.  The drapes have to be closed too much of the time because the cabin directly across can see directly in.  There are too many functions happening sometimes quite late, especially on days where the weather isn't good and we've heard that the music can be heard loud and clear.  We turn in around 10 the latest and many nights there can be a band playing past then on the promenade.  I don't see where the promenade can add much light to the room.  To each there own though.  Some like the action to watch from the window.