Next Cruise....

Hi.

Is there any benefit to booking your next cruise on board the current cruise? Has anyone done this and it ended up being a better price? Or is it just on board credit is the only benefit to booking next cruise on your current cruise. Let me know.

Thank You,

Michael

5 hours ago, nrgMike said:

Hi.

Is there any benefit to booking your next cruise on board the current cruise? Has anyone done this and it ended up being a better price? Or is it just on board credit is the only benefit to booking next cruise on your current cruise. Let me know.

Thank You,

Michael

It kind of depends which cruise you book, but mostly the benefits for us were the on board credit (OBC) and the reduced deposit.  The best cruise prices are usually soon after the new schedule is announced, and this varies by region/country.  So if you happen to be on the ship at the right time, you'll luck out.   Also, there can be some weird things that happen.  We once booked a handicapped room because it had been released for general use, so for the price of a "normal" outside view room, we had a spacious room over 200 square feet with plenty of room for suitcases, etc.  Our normal travel agent got credit for our on-board purchase....and she gave us the obligatory bottle of champagne Day 1.

We do next cruise on every cruise. Then we watch to see if fares go down.  We have found next cruise to be the way to go. Destination, cabin selection, ship selection, itinerary.  And they have direct access to blocked rooms and sometimes just released dates and itineraries. OBC is nice and then our TA gets us perks as well.  An all around win win.

6 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

If you book a next cruise and get obc, do you lose it if you reprice the cruise based on the current promotion? Or does the next cruise obc stick with the reservation regardless of repricing for new sales?

It depends.  NextCruise OBC is not combinable with all promotions.   It's definitely something to ask about when seeking price adjustments.

I typically price out the cruise I want before getting on the ship, and check the deal that I can get on the ship to see if it's a deal or not.  Last time I was able to book one that gave me a small OBC, had better room selection and was even about $50pp cheaper.  Another plus is the reduced deposit.

Keep in mind that RoyalCaribbean.com can be accessed for free over the ship wifi without buying an internet plan.  You can research cruises and sample prices before visiting NextCruise.

Promos and sales come and go sometimes one week to the next.  Doing some research before visiting NextCruise can make the process faster and you'll know how their pricing compares.

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Keep in mind that RoyalCaribbean.com can be accessed for free over the ship wifi without buying an internet plan.  You can research cruises and sample prices before visiting NextCruise.

Promos and sales come and go sometimes one week to the next.  Doing some research before visiting NextCruise can make the process faster and you'll know how their pricing compares.

Yup..did this on my last cruise.  Walked into NextCruise and told them this is the sailing that I want, this is the room, this is the price that it's going to be.  Bam..they booked it, the price was the same as I had researched and I got the $76 OBC (refundable 7-night cruise within 6 months).  My current MEI travel agent was assigned to the booking and off I went.

We booked through NextCruise thinking it would be best price. 3 days after booking it was $440 less on RCCL website. A call to our TA had us rebooked at the lowered price but we did lose $75 in OBC that NextCruise offered. A week later our TA called and informed us it was $75 lower than the previous week and rebooked it for us again. 

So it all depends and watching for sales may be better in some circumstances.

Just make sure when on board that you are getting the type rate you are wanting - non-refundable vs refundable.  They will always start with non-refundable rates and it can take a lot of pressure to get to a refundable rate with them.  If you book a non-refundable rate you do have 60 days to come back and make changes, but the rate will stay non-refundable.

Also, dont forget about checking the rates for cruises you already have booked.  There are times that the OBC offered on board will make the difference in the price you are already paying.  

Wondering what happens in the case that I don't have an official TA..so I book a cruise with Nextcruise..and then within the 60 day window I find a better deal with another travel site.....is it possible to still get it switched over...even though at time of booking  on the ship I don't have a TA somewhere?

7 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Wondering what happens in the case that I don't have an official TA..so I book a cruise with Nextcruise..and then within the 60 day window I find a better deal with another travel site.....is it possible to still get it switched over...even though at time of booking  on the ship I don't have a TA somewhere?

Your reservation can be taken over by that Travel agency and then they can make changes to that booking.  It could take 3 to 5 days for them to have access to your reservation.

Anyone have a current list of the OBC offers that next cruise offers? We have another Cpl joining us now for this cruise in Nov and trying to explain to them the next cruise option and what incentives they offer to make it worthwhile.

Does anyone have a picture or link or something to the OBC being offered(as I know it depends on the room you book and the length of the cruise) As it sounds like here that most ppl are getting extra OBC for the future cruise they book, but I am not hearing anything about the OBC for the current cruise.

Awesome...just what I was looking for....

Not a great program or incentive really....I mean ..$25-$50 is what OBC for any cruise I would probably book....I feel like this program was much better before....but like most things with Royal....the change benefits them and not the customer...

Prob wont even bother for $25...the hr it will take isn't worth $12.50 to me with all the conditions and rules and restrictions and penalties.....the small print must be some long.lol

Some may recall that I booked 3 cruises shortly after our inaugural cruise last June. My wife then said "no more cruises". Then we went to the Bahamas in February (the 3rd of the 4) and next thing I know my wife wants to go to "NextCruise" to book the same Bahamas cruise in 2020, partly because they replaced Coco Cay with Freeport.  So my philosophy is, if she wants to book a cruise at NextCruise - go for it!

We booked our Alaska cruise a week before we sailed to Bermuda. In hindsight we probably should have waited til NextCruise on the Bermuda trip to book. We would have gotten $150 OBC (one balcony, one inside). Note that you can also use MyVegas coupons/certificates after you book with NextCruise. We added $100 OBC to the NextCruise booking mentioned above.

Going on Anthem in Sept.  Two months ago the wife said we need a break.  No next cruise.  LOL  HAHA    Two days ago she is looking at cruises.  NEXT CRUISE here we come.  I can bet the farm that she will book 2 or more.   I`m not saying a word.  All because I picked up some cruise brochures 3 days ago and set them on the table.  And she didn`t comment either.    As for me I am taking it all in.  

• 1 month later...