Nassau

KimV

We are going to be in Nassau, Bahamas February 2020 and are looking for things to do besides the beach.  It is a full day there and would like some ideas of things to do/see.  Are there any all inclusive resorts that you can do?  Is there a Margaretiville in Nassau?  Any ideas would be helpful.

Atlantis is an excursion, although I haven't been there.  Stand by for additional comments.

1 minute ago, KimV said:

We are going to be in Nassau, Bahamas February 2020 and are looking for things to do besides the beach.  It is a full day there and would like some ideas of things to do/see.  Are there any all inclusive resorts that you can do?  Is there a Margaretiville in Nassau?  Any ideas would be helpful.

We took a "Best of Nassau" tour there, but, we were not impressed. The tour was very rushed and didn't provide adequate time for anything but shopping  at a location we did not care to go to. (Felt like it was planned this way)

BUT, because of rough seas, our cruise had to stay there an additional day. The glass bottom semi-submersible submarine tour we took that next day was very fun. Got to see a lot of beautiful tropical fish, nurse sharks, and other sea life with a very fun tour guide.

We did the Bites of Nassau Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour this past April.  It was our first time in Nassau and even though we knew quite a bit about the history of the island, the 2 local guides had lots of cool things to share.  We also now have a few restaurants that we would be comfortable going to on our own if we end up there again.

https://www.trubahamianfoodtours.com/tour/bites-of-nassau-food-tasting-cultural-walking-tour/

Our group ended up having people from several different ships and some on land vacations   We even met a couple that had just bought a house on the same road my brother lives on - small world moment.

One side note, we were surprised that we were the only people who carried water to the tour.  Water was available at the restaurants we stopped at but many people were surprised at the humidity in April and were dragging by the end of the tour.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, ptod said:

We did the Bites of Nassau Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour this past April.  It was our first time in Nassau and even though we knew quite a bit about the history of the island, the 2 local guides had lots of cool things to share.  We also now have a few restaurants that we would be comfortable going to on our own if we end up there again.

https://www.trubahamianfoodtours.com/tour/bites-of-nassau-food-tasting-cultural-walking-tour/

Our group ended up having people from several different ships and some on land vacations   We even met a couple that had just bought a house on the same road my brother lives on - small world moment.

One side note, we were surprised that we were the only people who carried water to the tour.  Water was available at the restaurants we stopped at but many people were surprised at the humidity in April and were dragging by the end of the tour.

My husband and I took that tour when we were there last year.  It was pretty good.

No Margaretiville....has s Senor  Frogs and a few others small bars that are fun.

There are resorts that you can spend the day at with a pass(but I have never done that) Atlantis is very expensive to spend a day at and eat/drink etc imho.

Between Junkanoo Beach....fish fry area...some trinket shopping......hitting a few of the bars its not hard to spend a day there without any big plans or spending a lot of money. Everything is pretty close to the ship as well(everything we have done every time we have gone can see the ship from where we are)

But others here maybe able to suggest some resorts with day passes...I know there are a few that do.