Crown loft suite versus spacious aquatheater Suite 1 bedroom

Would appreciate some input as to which is better Crown loft suite or the spacious aquatheater Suite 1 bedroom (A3)? We have the crown loft suite now but kid upgrade to the spacious aquatheater Suite 1 bedroom for about $1,000 is it worth it? Ship is Allure.

It depends on what you are looking for from your room/experience. 

If you prioritize close access to Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge, stick with the Crown Loft.

Remember the AquaTheater Suites are at the waaaay back of the ship which makes a good trek if you need to run back to the room for anything.

With that said, getting to experience the shows in the AquaTheater from your balcony is a lot of fun and you get the oceanview from the other side of the balcony.  There's also more separation in the AquaTheater suite if you have more than 2 people sailing together.  The bedroom has a door that closes which will separate you from the living area.  The Crown Loft suite has a only a curtain for privacy.  However, it is awesome to be able to open all the curtains and have the big windowed view from your bed in the Crown Loft suite.

Soooo..as for putting a value on any of that it is very subjective.  Personally I wouldn't pay anything additional as there won't be any additional amenities in the AquaTheater Suite over the Crown Loft Suite.  Now if it was the 2-bedroom AquaTheater suite you were talking about I would upgrade to that in a heartbeat because it is Star Class and that upgrade is definitely worth the $1000.

I always recommend that if you have never stayed in one of the ATS to try it once. The experience is very special.  

I will agree with Ashley. It is a LONG walk all the way aft but on the up side, no stairs. 

After doing the ATS a number of times we now prefer deck 17 but I am glad we did the ATS to experience the wonderful views and large balconies.  Would I pay MORE for a 1 BR ATS ?

No

Somewhat personal as both cabins are very nice.

ATS gives nice aft views as well as views of the aqua show.  They are a bit of a walk from the aft elevators banks though.

L1/L2 loft suites are very conveniently located within close proximity to the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  

IMO the "wow" factor goes to the side facing L1 loft suites.   

L1 (side facing) versus L2 (rear facing) is a decision as well.

I will echo what others have said in that it is a really subjective question.

Would I personally pay $1000 for the 1BDR ATS over the loft?  No way.  I love the exclusivity of the Deck 17 and unless it's a trade for the A1 or A2, I would not give up Deck 17.

Truth be told, the ATS feels cramped to me compared to the lofts.  Even the A1 and A2s.  They lack the "Wow" factor of the loft and the two levels really open up the space even if the room is narrow.  If you book those rooms, you are getting them for the balcony really.  Just my honest opinion.

Mobility wise, are stairs potentially going to a problem for you?  I remember a few conversations with others who have said that they had to sleep downstairs because they could not handle the stairs well in the loft.  But the trek to the ATS is long as well.

Are you more of balcony person?  Because the balcony in the loft does not compare the the ATS balcony, even if you were in the smallest ATS, I would think there is more space than the loft balcony.

After thinking about it and the opinions of @AshleyDillo, @WAAAYTOOO, @twangster and @Lovetocruise2002 I'll keep my Crowne loft (L1). The reason the ATS was even considered was the balcony. Originally when we looked at Suites the price difference was $2,000 between those two. Thank you to all for your input it really does help! Much appreciated!

On a side note anyone know why RCI lists suites  that aren't available to book? There's a Star class suite listed and when trying to book it it says not available. 

5 minutes ago, 12thman said:

On a side note anyone know why RCI lists suites  that aren't available to book? There's a Star class suite listed and when trying to book it it says not available. 

If it shows up online and says it is "unavailable" when you click on it, it usually means that it is available.  Call them.

1 minute ago, 12thman said:

Typically this occurs when one was in the inventory but someone else clicked on it.

When you price a cabin, any cabin, by clicking on it you lock that cabin out of inventory as you step through the process of booking.  If you back out and look at another cabin that cabin you had clicked on takes up to 15 minutes to re-appear in the inventory.  

This isn't very obvious when there are hundreds of balcony cabins available.  For suites though, particularly Star Class you can get a lot of drive by window shoppers clicking on the one cabin that might be available to see the price.   

A lot of external agency websites have live APIs through to Royal so people clicking on a number of different websites can cause this effect of a cabin popping in and out of inventory.  

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If it shows up online and says it is "unavailable" when you click on it, it usually means that it is available.  Call them.

Thank you, just sent my ta email to inquire about that. That's really strange that they would list a suite available but when you try to book it you can't. That would make me believe that someone just purchased it.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Typically this occurs when one was in the inventory but someone else clicked on it.

When you price a cabin, any cabin, by clicking on it you lock that cabin out of inventory as you step through the process of booking.  If you back out and look at another cabin that cabin you had clicked on takes up to 15 minutes to re-appear in the inventory.  

This isn't very obvious when there are hundreds of balcony cabins available.  For suites though, particularly Star Class you can get a lot of drive by window shoppers clicking on the one cabin that might be available to see the price.   

A lot of external agency websites have live APIs through to Royal so people clicking on a number of different websites can cause this effect of a cabin popping in and out of inventory.  

That's what I thought. Thank you very much!

6 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Thank you, just sent my ta email to inquire about that. That's really strange that they would list a suite available but when you try to book it you can't. That would make me believe that someone just purchased it.

It happens often. I have grabbed several suites that way when it shows as “unavailable”. Good luck with the star class suite ?

36 minutes ago, 12thman said:

I also believe that when the inventory gets low (only 1 or 2 left) they will throw up that “not available” notice.  If that notice comes up, There IS still at least 1 available.  When it says “sold out” you are out of luck.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I also believe that when the inventory gets low (only 1 or 2 left) they will throw up that “not available” notice.  If that notice comes up, There IS still at least 1 available.  When it says “sold out” you are out of luck.

I think the system tries to dampen some of the drive by noise.  When ever I am on the phone with my agent looking at prices she will put a hold on any cabin we talk about even if I haven't committed.  This way someone else can't scoop that cabin out from under my feet if I tell her go ahead.  Imagine a coupe of different agents at different agencies doing the same at any given moment.  The system displays it like it is available but also recognizes someone is in the system potentially booking it but they have not fully committed to it.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

I think the system tries to dampen some of the drive by noise.  When ever I am on the phone with my agent looking at prices she will put a hold on any cabin we talk about even if I haven't committed.  This way someone else can't scoop that cabin out from under my feet if I tell her go ahead.  Imagine a coupe of different agents at different agencies doing the same at any given moment.  The system displays it like it is available but also recognizes someone is in the system potentially booking it but they have not fully committed to it.

Makes sense. I've done this as well.