Photo Package

Sort of. And NO. You are actually better off having someone take your picture with your phone or camera.  We do it all the time. Almost everybody is glad to take your picture.  And we extend the courtesy to them as well.   We do purchase from the ship as well. Have gotten some beautiful pictures over the years.  Visit all the photographers that you can weather it be a formal night or not. Some of the photo packages are outrageous.  sometimes the photos don`t turn out.  

Is it unlimited digital pictures?  We did a package when we went to Alaska. It was our son's first cruise at nine months old. I do not remember if it was 10 or 20 photo prints for $199. Most likely 10 photos. Regardless. It was paid for before and worth it. We came home and immediately put them right into albums and frames.

44 minutes ago, MotleyCruiser said:

Is it unlimited digital pictures?  We did a package when we went to Alaska. It was our son's first cruise at nine months old. I do not remember if it was 10 or 20 photo prints for $199. Most likely 10 photos. Regardless. It was paid for before and worth it. We came home and immediately put them right into albums and frames.

yes it does say unlimited digital package for 160

On 7/15/2019 at 5:20 PM, Melodyjn said:

yes it does say unlimited digital package for 160

A consideration --- At least one person has complained about downloading the photos after the cruise -- problems getting Royal to send the link.    Also, on the Harmony the face-recognition system isn't has good as the CIA's.  People have reported getting photos of other guests in their online portfolio.   We noticed that when we just wanted to print a "free" photo.

I understand the flash drives, which eliminate the download challenges, are more expensive.

@fonemanbob has a a good suggestion unless you really want professionally composed photos, such as multiple family portraits on formal night.

9 hours ago, Noella said:

Could you please tell me where you found the unlimited digital package for $160?   We are interested in it for our 45th anniversary cruise in Sept on the Oasis.  I just looked on the cruise planner and was $241.99.    

They probably have an email discount or shorter cruise. Mine is listed at $199. Waiting for a price discount to be posted.

How much does it cost if you buy your pictures on board one by one? 

Do they actually print all of your pictures, and you can choose from them, or can you only see them digitally and they only print what you buy?

Last time on Disney fantasy I got very bad prints, I had only seen them on a digital screen, and once printed the colours were ugly and on some pictures there was a coloured halo around the person. I got them on the last day just before leaving the ship, so I couldn't complain and have them reprinted. DCL charge some $16 per picture, if I remember well.

4 hours ago, FroggyFlo said:

How much does it cost if you buy your pictures on board one by one? 

Do they actually print all of your pictures, and you can choose from them, or can you only see them digitally and they only print what you buy?

Last time on Disney fantasy I got very bad prints, I had only seen them on a digital screen, and once printed the colours were ugly and on some pictures there was a coloured halo around the person. I got them on the last day just before leaving the ship, so I couldn't complain and have them reprinted. DCL charge some $16 per picture, if I remember well.

i saw somewhere that its 19.95 per photo or something. all i know is on my honeymoon (CCL) i spent over $700 on just photos. the 249 flat fee for digital photos is a steal for me!