Fully covered shoes in the windjammer

I'm less worried about seeing someone in sandals than I am about seeing someone in "Nope, I don't own a mirror" skimpy pajamas. The only cruise that we have been on was another cruise line(Carni---) and there was a verrry large and confident woman rocking her extra small Winnie the pooh shorts and crop top jammies walking through the buffet.

I can assure you that out of 9 cruises so far the only time that I have worn closed toed shoes are on two occasions, formal night, as well as when we went to Alaska!  All other nights as well as cruises we both wear flip flops!  Even if that is the suggested wear I highly doubt that you will find anyone onboard willing to enforce it!  One evening on formal night I saw a woman dressed in what appeared to be pajamas in the MDR, so if she can get away with that then sandals should not be a problem!?

10 hours ago, Wnbfrog said:

21717.jpeg

As @Mljstr pointed out, there is a comma missing.  I believe the point is that they don't want folks in their swimsuits and bare feet running around the restaurant.  I have never seen a "shoe inspection" on any Royal Caribbean ship.   But my toes are so ugly, they belong in fully covered shoes.....

On 7/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, Wnbfrog said:

My husband just read that you need to have fully covered shoes to go to the windjammer is this true?  We don't normally wear other shoes than sandles and flip flops. 

Thanks!

WHAT? Next thing you know they will be telling you, you can't wear shorts in the MDR for dinner! ?

On 7/15/2019 at 8:24 PM, Hoski said:

I also believe there is a comma missing and you must be fully covered and wear shoes and a shirt.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, ChessE4 said:

there is a comma missing

On 7/14/2019 at 11:34 PM, Mljstr said:

I am sure this is a punctuation issue

Proper punctuation can be life saving

LEG5547-BLACK-AT.jpg.f34d074fad23905597979e2347f54bcd.jpg

• 3 months later...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/windjammer

Included - Buffet

Global
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

THROW YOUR APPETITE TO THE WIND

A culinary destination loaded with a global array of delicious food for every meal and snack time— all with spectacular views and a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Browse multiple serving stations offering pastas, made-to-order omelets, international cuisine, salads, soups, sandwiches, freshly carved meats, and tantalizing desserts.

ATTIRE

Casual

RESTRICTIONS

Fully covered shoes and shirts required.

NOTE

Food offerings may differ by sailing.

***So, what about those of us that have only sandals or black athletic walking shoes?

• 3 years later...