RCCL pre-cruise hotels

Mljstr

Approximately how far in advance should I be able to get information about a pre-cruise hotel package? The cruise is in April and my TA says it isn't available yet. I hate to keep bugging her so when is a reasonable time for the information to be available?

We had a pre and post cruise hotel last October in Rome. 

This time we are looking for London- (Southampton). 

We actually have booked a hotel but want to compare to Rccl with transportation from the port in Southampton  

I guess I will ask TA to check again. 

We booked ours on Nextcruise in June and transferred to the TA. 

The Next cruise agent onboard also told us it wasn’t available yet. ?He said to wait 30 days and that was 6 weeks ago. Guessing I better rattle her (TA) cage. 

28 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

We had a pre and post cruise hotel last October in Rome. 

This time we are looking for London- (Southampton). 

We actually have booked a hotel but want to compare to Rccl with transportation from the port in Southampton  

I guess I will ask TA to check again. 

Since you mentioned Southampton, I wanted to mention what we did that we regret.  We didn't arrive a day early and take a pre-cruise excursion offered to us.  We thought buying our 2015 air fare through RCI guaranteed free transfers from the airport to the port.  We found out later that we needed to pay $100 each person round trip for transfers to the port.  However, a transfer was included in the pre-cruise excursion.  We now wish we had done that.  So as you conduct your cost analysis, you might consider options that already include the transfer.

@Lovetocruise2002 I was able to book the hotels under the old website but now it is nowhere to be seen. Try calling customer service or your TA. We have also used them in San Juan and Tampa and maybe some others that I can't recall right now. The hotels are usually more expensive than booking yourself but they include transportation to and from  the cruise port. If you are a long way from the port like in Rome or London, it might be worthwhile.

We did a pre-cruise stay in San Juan that was really good... We didn't do the airfare with royal, so took our own Uber there.  We did the transfer to the ship which was fine.  In retrospect, and with us leaning towards Airbnb for long pre-cruise stays, and with the stress if waiting for the transfer to get to the shop, I don't think we will do the pre/post stay again.  Jane