Jr Suite Tub ?

FManke

Next cruise will be the first in a Jr suite and I was just curious if the tubs are  standard size?

It will be nice to move around and not have to take a shower in a phone booth! Although I would gladly shower ever day in one if it meant I was cruising!

For all you youngsters out there that are asking, what is a phone booth? It's where we used to go to make a private phone call in public before they invented cell phones. Go ask your parents or grandparents. ?

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is a JS tub on sister ship Enchantment:

E0yia1L.jpg

Is this the infamous bathroom from your Enchantment Cruise with questionable plumbing?  We are in the same room on the starboard side for a September cruise.  I am a little leery now after reading your live blog but hoping for the best.  ?

48 minutes ago, Crabbycruiser said:

Is this the infamous bathroom from your Enchantment Cruise with questionable plumbing?  We are in the same room on the starboard side for a September cruise.  I am a little leery now after reading your live blog but hoping for the best.  ?

It is!  Ship happens.  

My personal opinion is that the Jr. Suite tubs are a huge waste of space.  I'd rather just have a bigger shower.  As a woman, I would NEVER take a tub bath in a hotel room.  For obvious hygienic reasons. And I've traveled a lot worldwide - both for work and for leisure.  If you are a woman and disagree, I'd like to hear.  Seriously.

1 hour ago, cruise-y said:

My personal opinion is that the Jr. Suite tubs are a huge waste of space.  I'd rather just have a bigger shower.  As a woman, I would NEVER take a tub bath in a hotel room.  For obvious hygienic reasons. And I've traveled a lot worldwide - both for work and for leisure.  If you are a woman and disagree, I'd like to hear.  Seriously.

I don’t disagree with your sentiment about hotel bath tubs, but don’t think it has to do with being a women. A gross tub is gross no matter the gender. 

I vote for getting rid of the tub and making it a larger shower. We have never used the tub but also appreciate the extra space. Have you ever noticed how high the tub sides are as well when getting in to take a shower? A nice glass door would be nice as well. I hate trying to avoid the shower curtain. @cruise-y  you mention how non-hygienic the tub is. I wonder how often the shower curtains get cleaned/replaced.........

3 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

I vote for getting rid of the tub and making it a larger shower. We have never used the tub but also appreciate the extra space. Have you ever noticed how high the tub sides are as well when getting in to take a shower? A nice glass door would be nice as well. I hate trying to avoid the shower curtain. @cruise-y  you mention how non-hygienic the tub is. I wonder how often the shower curtains get cleaned/replaced.........

On Harmony there isn’t a shower curtain, but what I’d best describe as a 1/4 sheet of glass that only covers the area closest to the shower head. It means you end up with water all over the floor. 

396B17E5-85A4-43A8-B2A5-0AB49CDD6E0D.jpeg

10 hours ago, cruise-y said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the cleanliness, I'm just wondering what the difference is between that and let's say a hot tub? I use them, but I don't like to think about what's going on in that water.

12 hours ago, cruise-y said:

If you are a woman and disagree, I'd like to hear.  Seriously.

If it's a higher end hotel, hell yes I'm using the tub. I think I get where you're coming from but I'm okay with it. If I can lay in the sheets (which, I can't think about too much because I don't want to know) I can take a soak. Also, I don't bathe in a tub for cleanliness, I bathe for relaxation or back issues.

Saying that, I'm the passenger on the plane who wipes her seat and EVERYTHING around it and will offer you a wipe as well. These wipes are also not standard wipes, they're antibacterial and if I can get my hands on them, hospital grade.

1 minute ago, ellcee said:

If it's a higher end hotel, hell yes I'm using the tub. I think I get where you're coming from but I'm okay with it. If I can lay in the sheets (which, I can't think about too much because I don't want to know) I can take a soak. Also, I don't bathe in a tub for cleanliness, I bathe for relaxation or back issues.

Saying that, I'm the passenger on the plane who wipes her seat and EVERYTHING around it and will offer you a wipe as well. These wipes are also not standard wipes, they're antibacterial and if I can get my hands on them, hospital grade.

My wife doesn't travel without Clorox wipes. No bathroom is ever clean enough!

3 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

On Harmony there isn’t a shower curtain, but what I’d best describe as a 1/4 sheet of glass that only covers the area closest to the shower head. It means you end up with water all over the floor. 

Ever stayed somewhere where the shower was literally the whole bathroom? The shower head came out of the wall, the drain was in the middle of the floor and you pulled a curtain around to the keep the sink and toilet from getting wet. This definitely sounds like an upgrade.

2 hours ago, ellcee said:

Yep..I take baths... Especially if it's a jacuzzi tub.  But I have to scope out the grout... If it's gross I can't take a bath.  Just weird that way.  I have started doing the plane wipe thing too, but usually just the wet ones....   Jane

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, FManke said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the cleanliness, I'm just wondering what the difference is between that and let's say a hot tub? I use them, but I don't like to think about what's going on in that water.

My urologist told me to never get in a communal hot tub. Never.  Cold chlorine pools are ok.   I'm not a clean freak but I listen to her.  I could explain but I won't.

I'm also on team tub.  But also I'm a part of team "clorox wipe ALL the things!"  Because I'm using that tub.  And i'm also wiping that thing down within an inch of its life.  

Hey its not that I dont trust my cabin steward, but I know how fast turnover day is.  I'm wiping down that tub

On 7/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, Andrew72681 said:

This  is the same set up in all the European hotels we stayed in.  Not sure why they don't use shower curtains or shower doors but we couldn't help but having a wet floor every time.  One we stayed in Paris didn't even have a half door.  You had to stand and hold the shower nozzle.  That was a mess.  At least the ships have a drain on the floor so it isn't too bad.

1 minute ago, MikeK said:

This  is the same set up in all the European hotels we stayed in.  Not sure why they don't use shower curtains or shower doors but we couldn't help but having a wet floor every time.  One we stayed in Paris didn't even have a half door.  You had to stand and hold the shower nozzle.  That was a mess.  At least the ships have a drain on the floor so it isn't too bad.

Very European.  Both my flats have had this.  I'll take it any day over a shower curtain though.  I don't think I can ever go back to that.

Personally, I love this setup.  I love it so much that I had a similar walk-in design put in my guest bathroom when we renovated.  I don’t actually find that we get much water on the floor at all and it is SO much easier to keep clean than a full glass pane or nasty shower curtain.  When I had mine built, the glass man was stumped. He had never seen a partial glass wall like this and tried to convince me to add a glass door.  He said “you’ll be calling me to come back and fix it”.  Nope. I love it !  ...and yes, it is a very European design.  

One thing I will say about the Royal rooms that offer this design....the sides of the tub are so high that it makes getting in and out so difficult. Mine is a walk-in (converted from an old fashioned tub/shower combo) so there is only a short threshold to step over.

Just now, FManke said:

I have seen this design in many of the hotels in Venice that I have been researching for next year. Now I just have to figure out the whole bidet thing! ?

Lol.  That’s another thing we love !  That’s one of the main reasons we love the Owners Suite. Love that bidet !  Even some of the big Star Class Suites don’t have a bidet.  Shocking ! ??