Conflicting information

AJK

I've been watching tons of YouTube videos and found conflicting information about the dlx drink package. Some are saying all of the specialty cocktails are priced above what the package covers, some are just saying the bartender ring it up no charge. Does this vary by ship, bartender, phase of the moon? We are on the Independence, and one of the reasons I bought it is to try several different liquors or cocktails that I have never had.  Anyone know how it goes on Indy?

It will cover up to $13 drinks and most drinks are $13 or less.    Anything above that you will be charged the difference and the gratituity (I believe) on top of that.  For example, I like Oberon wine which many ships carry... It's $15 a glass so I pay the $2.37 difference...    I have found this to be the case on all the ships I've been on (5 different rc ships), but I admit I haven't been on Independence.  Jane

There is some confusion and like many things Royal it depends.

Oasis class historically covered up to $13 drinks.  Quantum class was the same but the verbiage for Quantum class stated $12.  In practice it was enforced at $13. Other ships were just $12.

Along came Bamboo Room (currently only on ships with $12 cap) where they have $14 drinks and DX verbiage that states $12 but you are charged $1 overage for those $14 drinks.   Lately came a revelation that Bamboo Room drinks would be included in the DX but no firm verbiage to back that up. 

So there you have it.  Very clear, right?

16 minutes ago, AJK said:

Sp basically, don't sweat it. Gotcha.

Exactly.  Most drinks are covered by DX.  Exception is wine where better wines have overages.  Sometimes I like a better wine with a good meal so I pay the overage and don't sweat it.  Sometimes I'm good with the included wines.  

Also special drinks like in a Coconut or souvenir cups are not included in DX.  Just ask for the same drink in a regular cup and it's covered.