Canceled St. Thomas/St. Croix stops

7 minutes ago, dahdoul44 said:

Interesting to hear.  We are booked on HOTS on 8/25 with stops at Cococay , St. Thomas then St Maarten.  I wonder if they are going to re-route somewhere else.  Will continue to monitor this.  

Our Harmony cruise in May was Coco Cay, San Juan, and St. Maarten.  Maybe San Juan for you, too?

Hmmm...thanks for the heads up.  We're going to St. Thomas in October via Celebrity,.  I'm going to hold off on booking (and paying for) any private excursions until things settle down, just in case.  Since it's the same parent company I can see Celebrity doing the same thing. 

It's a shame, as St. Thomas still needs our tourism dollars.  We were going over to Water Island that day, and they (according to what I read online) really got ignored with all the hurricane relief.  

19 hours ago, mworkman said:

Looks political to me. I wonder if those port stops will be moved to CocoaCay?

http://vifreepress.com/2019/07/royal-caribbean-cruise-lines-canceling-six-calls-to-u-s-virgin-islands-reports-say/

Thanks for the link, as I am sailing on the Harmony in September which stops in St. Thomas.  While it does sound political, the article only is talking about stops by the Allure and the U.S. Virgin Islands Cruise Ship Schedule still shows Royal ships stopping there.  Of course, like everything, schedules can change.

St Thomas has screwed around with cruise lines for several years now.  The promised Long Bay pier has never moved forward when residents opposed it. I think it was supposed to commence in 2014 and would accomodate two Oasis class ships.  

If Royal called on St Thomas 28 times in June then 6 drops is relatively small (22%).

If those are Oasis class drops that is a pretty significant hit to the local economy.  Hopefully they'll get the point.

25 minutes ago, FanofMinnie said:

The link says "not available" now.

Imagine that....  They post an article and then it disappears because it they realize  it was negative towards their tourism and government officials.   

I thought that only happens in AMERICA......   LMAO....

11 minutes ago, VinceC said:

Imagine that....  They post an article and then it disappears because it they realize  it was negative towards their tourism and government officials.   

I thought that only happens in AMERICA......   LMAO....

St Thomas is America.

It's also a small island much like a small town and somebody always knows somebody else that can get an article pulled.