Chops Grille in Cruise Planner

You would be purchasing lunch for one person for one day. You would make the actual reservation online through the Cruise Planner for the day/time.

There is a separate lunch menu for Chops Grille... it is a scaled down menu compared to the dinner menu.

Take a peek at this link to get a better idea of what is on the lunch menu:   https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/menus

3 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

You would be purchasing lunch for one person for one day (you would make the actual reservation online through the Cruise Planner for the day/time).

There is a separate lunch menu for Chops Grille... it is a scaled down menu compared to the dinner menu.

Take a peek at this link to get a better idea of what is on the lunch menu:   https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/menus

Thank-you!  Follow-up questions:  We will be on Freedom of the Seas May 2020.  Do you suppose the menu might change after dry-dock Jan 2020?  Also, if I were to purchase this for both my husband and I, will that be the total charge for lunch (approx. $45)?  Or, will there still be up-charges for certain menu items, such as lobster etc., the day we actually have lunch?

15 minutes ago, Lovestotravel said:

Thank-you!  Follow-up questions:  We will be on Freedom of the Seas May 2020.  Do you suppose the menu might change after dry-dock Jan 2020?  Also, if I were to purchase this for both my husband and I, will that be the total charge for lunch (approx. $45)?  Or, will there still be up-charges for certain menu items, such as lobster etc., the day we actually have lunch?

You're welcome!

Only a guess, but I'm going to assume that they would not change the menu after dry-dock. Yes, it would be that $21.99 x 2 plus any other taxes/fees if I recall. If you put it in your cart in the Cruise Planner, it should give you the total cost prior to actually purchasing the item.

Most items on the menu are included in the $21.99 "up-charge", but under the "Something Special" section of the dinner menu (I peaked at the Harrmony dinner menu for Chops), you can see some steaks and the Maine lobster have an additional charge.

I don't see Maine lobster on the lunch menu, but there is an additional charge for the Maine lobster of $21 on the dinner menu:

image.png.b4c974cdc74b9158756e0974fe49c8a6.png

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

From Navigator but Freedom will be similar.  I would expect no changes to the menu through dry dock.

Chops lunch menu is one page:

Thanks Twangster.  OK, LAST question!  Is Chops similar to MDR, in that you can order as much as you want for that pre-purchased price?  So, if we want 2 apps, 3 desserts etc?  (Not that we will, but just wondering if it is the same, or if it is more like a traditional restaurant). 

14 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Hi @Lovestotravel !

My understanding is that the only difference between the Specialty dining and the MDR is that you technically can only order one main entree in a specialty restaurant, but you can certainly order multiple appetizers, side orders, and desserts (which we did in Chops for our lunch!).

Great!  I think we will plan to do Chops for lunch, rather than the more expensive dinner option, during one of our at sea days.  Other than that, we will probably stick to the MDR and the WJ.  Of course, this is our first cruise, so who knows once we get on board?!?!?!

5 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Hi @Lovestotravel !

My understanding is that the only difference between the Specialty dining and the MDR is that you technically can only order one main entree in a specialty restaurant, but you can certainly order multiple appetizers, side orders, and desserts (which we did in Chops for our lunch!).

As @JohnK6404 said, you can get as many apps, sides and dessert as you want. You do only get one entrée. The servers, at least in our case, asked when we ordered one side each, if we wanted to order more. Same with the apps.

On 7/14/2019 at 12:16 AM, Lovestotravel said:

Great!  I think we will plan to do Chops for lunch, rather than the more expensive dinner option, during one of our at sea days.  Other than that, we will probably stick to the MDR and the WJ.  Of course, this is our first cruise, so who knows once we get on board?!?!?!

We regularly do specialty for lunch just because of the price point. Many of the speciality restaurants will be open at lunch at lunch at least one day of the trip. That’s one of the first things I look at when I get the compass for the next day, so I can make a reservation right away ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 12:04 AM, FManke said:

As @JohnK6404 said, you can get as many apps, sides and dessert as you want. You do only get one entrée. The servers, at least in our case, asked when we ordered one side each, if we wanted to order more. Same with the apps.

and i was hoping to buy dinner at the chops and enjoy few entrees...
like i used to do with my timr dining whenever there  is an interesting dish for entree.