Robes for non-suite cruisers

I would ask... it can’t hurt. Our friends did give our attendant an additional tip up front (we tipped additional amount at end). We sailed with friends in May and we were all just Gold level in Crown & Anchor at that time and our room attendant still gave us robes. We were in adjacent Central Park balcony cabins (Allure). We’re finally Platinum with that sailing! 

Yes, I tend to take pictures of everything! ?

D8A470DE-4C74-4881-B958-04899E540466.thumb.jpeg.54be60414d3988776692e0ee7c746056.jpeg

1 hour ago, stephenkurucz said:

If I tip the room steward at the beginning of my cruise do you think there is any chance of getting a couple of bath robes or are these only available to certain cruisers? My girlfriend and I are in an ocean-view balcony room on the Allure Feb 2020. 

Thanks!

Platinum level - you need to ask for use of the robes.  They don't automatically put them out anymore.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_APRIL-2019.pdf

If you have cruised the line before, you probably only have to ask. Bribing your cabin steward may not be the best idea. If we are going to tip extra (which we usually do), we tip toward the end. Same with MDR staff and favorite bartenders. Some people tip at the beginning, thinking they will get better service. Maybe they do but service on the ship is usually very good anyway. If you are one of those that wants to tip in advance, that is fine. I just wouldn't do it to try and get him to break the rules.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, packercruising said:

If you have cruised the line before, you probably only have to ask. Bribing your cabin steward may not be the best idea. If we are going to tip extra (which we usually do), we tip toward the end. Same with MDR staff and favorite bartenders. Some people tip at the beginning, thinking they will get better service. Maybe they do but service on the ship is usually very good anyway. If you are one of those that wants to tip in advance, that is fine. I just wouldn't do it to try and get him to break the rules.

No breaking the rules at all! Just wondering if that would be “out of their way” to get us some towels ?